• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
The infinity in the title is a reference to the infinity war arc in the marvel comics given by how Ms.marvel and Ironman are the characters introduced which is both fairly dope and unsettling due to marvel's issues with movie rights (possibly no x-men)

Player -0

Smash Hero
I saw a comment about how first MvC3 trailers looked bad too but idk if it's a comparable comparison.

But yeah the trailer looks pretty bad. Gameplay trailer didn't show too much either. I hope they don't try to make it super like, flowy like Injustice or mobile games. Because it realllyyy looks like a mobile game right now.

MvC3 for PC though

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
If you have to force "friends" to spend time with you, then...there's not really any friendship involved, I'd say.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If you have to force "friends" to spend time with you, then...there's not really any friendship involved, I'd say.
I'm Mech. I don't understand the use of hyperbole.
that seems weird

why would you have to force anyone who keeps up with jojo
and if they don't then why would you force them to watch that episode
I thought it would be somewhat straightforward, but they enjoyed it nonetheless.

It's more like we couldn't find a good stream of The Office UK, and I suggested it and they said sure.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh yeah, it's December, isn't it? I guess I can have a different avatar for a month.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I wasn't really feeling DiU, but it got really good after these past two episodes. Shame there's only 3 episodes left.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh hey, people are actually talking here again! D:

It feels like it's been ages. How's everybody feeling now that 2016 is almost over?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Terrible for a variety of reasons, looking to turn things around in the coming months

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium

It feels like it's been ages. How's everybody feeling now that 2016 is almost over?

but really overall life is alright. I'm slated to go back to Expedia to intern there again this summer, which should (fingers crossed) turn into a job offer. Birthday/Christmas is coming up, and I'm almost done with classes for this quarter - which could have gone a lot better, but I'm hanging in there.

Really though what computer science class has a final project where you have to write a 15-page report about your project's code and doesn't make you turn in the code?

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
being one to do things prematurely is not something to aspire to

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I wasn't really feeling DiU, but it got really good after these past two episodes. Shame there's only 3 episodes left.
I think Kira is Jojo's best villain.

I'm finally going to college which is nice.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yay, there's so many people I like in here again! :D

And we all seem to be generally around the same range of good, "meh" and "****". ¦D;

Speaking of which, **** the Battle Tree and it's stalling and accuracy cheating bull****.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
School is pain
I've found out more and more in the last year how irrelevant school can be or become. Like I'm already pretty much fully equipped for the job I'll (hopefully) be getting. And school sucks, and the structure does not gel with me at all. I performed really well in an actual work environment, and I really, really suck at school. I spent most of my schooling just coasting and winging it, but it gets kind of tough to do that at the end of a CS degree.

Eugh.

Just three more quarters.

Player -0

Smash Hero
dang. You're making it hard for my already shot motivation to crawl.

And I've had senioritis since 3 (4 only kinda counts) years ago.

And I'm only like, in 2nd grade.

K-5. It does things to you.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
dang. You're making it hard for my already shot motivation to crawl.

And I've had senioritis since 3 (4 only kinda counts) years ago.

And I'm only like, in 2nd grade.

K-5. It does things to you.
To be fair, it depends on what you're studying and all, too.

My first two, maybe even three years, I learned a lot. Now, it's mostly an issue of, I feel like I'm not learning much of anything I couldn't teach myself just as easily (and half of what I'm doing I am teaching myself anyways), and that all my senior-level CS classes are so hyper-specific and specialized that I'm not really gaining anything practical for the long-term.

The real knowledge I feel like you need for CS is basic concepts (loops, recursion, etc), data structures, objects and all, and then mostly it's the ability to read and understand documentation. They probably won't teach you that. But it'll probably be way more important than basically anything else with regards to how productive you'll be in the workforce. Beyond that stuff, anything you know will probably be specific to your job or sub-field.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
data structures was the oddest experience of going from "wow this class is terrible why did I enroll in it I hate everything" to "wow this class is super helpful and enjoyable and I learned a lot" in the span of 10 weeks

it turns out that having an insufferable cs bro for a coding partner who monopolizes the keyboard is a terrible experience, especially when you're struggling with learning java and you're an experiential learner and your partner insists that you're too slow to code

Last edited:

SOJ

Smash Journeyman

Shoutouts to breaking the system and getting stupidly rich a year ago with Nixie

Vashimus

Smash Master
School isn't that useless, along as you're not pissing away thousands of dollars and years of your time trying to earn a degree that's worth **** all. There are great jobs that don't require earning a degree, but not everyone's cut out for something like web development, or they may be not interested in those types of fields.

Last edited:
Top Bottom