• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
how about these buzzwords:

"go block a baseball bat with your face, fascist"
Whoa whoa whoa, that's not cool man. I know we're all stressed over the election and its results but you shouldn't talk this way to others. Be civil or don't join in on the discussion at all.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Why are you using buzzwords such as "checked" to note that you looked up information from a source? You looking for goodboy points, son?
>Mfw people throw around buzzwords like "source" and "why" and think they're contributing

Did you even start by building the foundations of language and rhetoric before thinking up your argument smh

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I actually like that video but it's also like 50 counts of censor dodging so I gotta remove it :|

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Dammit.
For those who missed the video, look up Johnathan Pie. He lends a much needed insight into the election.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec

Vashimus

Smash Master
Could you elaborate a bit. I'd like to know what led to something like this.
Like I said, I wasn't surprised at all.

Hillary Clinton was possibly the worst candidate the left could've possibly elected. She was the quintessential establishment candidate, the antithesis of everything the country is and should be moving toward and everything that people were getting sick of in this country: corporate interests and greed dictating national policy. There were only two people during the entire election cycle that realized radical change was necessary and ended up creating new passionate movements that mobilized citizens, Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump.

When the DNC rigged the Democratic primary against Sanders (which there is clear evidence of through Wiki-Leaks), he then conceded to her, THEN went on to campaign for her, splitting the entire movement that he had created in half. A lot of people were understandably pissed off and felt disenfranchised - they still didn't want to vote for Hillary. Here was a woman that stood for pretty much everything that Bernie was against, and then he still went on to endorse her. And that split is likely what sealed Trump's victory.

Say what you will about Trump's movement, but it never lost its momentum and vigor the same way Bernie's did and the change he advocates, while incredibly divisive, was still change nonetheless. Hillary's biggest draw was essentially "Hey guys, I have a vagina! Look at this idiot Trump, don't vote for him. He's a racist, sexist, (every -ist in the book)", and that just isn't enough. Hillary's been involved in a ton of shady stuff before any of us were even alive, and people just didn't want to vote for that. For every stupid, insensitive nonsensical thing that Trump has ever said, there was something tangible you could point to coming from the Clinton side (Benghazi, the e-mail scandal, accepting millions of dollars into their foundation from foreign lobbyists, lying to the FBI and destroying government property, etc).

The reaction I've seen online after the election is a lot of people lying to themselves that "racists" elected Donald Trump, which just shows people still don't get it. Shouting every accusation in the book towards Trump - racist, sexist, misogynistic, Islamophobic, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, you name it - all election cycle, STILL didn't get Hillary elected. Just as there were people making those accusations, there were equally as many people already getting tired of the foolish utopian crusade by the hard left over the years for a trigger-free safe-space-like society, and that social tyranny is why many of them ended up voting for Trump. Supporters didn't take the accusations seriously then and they still won't now. Yes the majority of whites voted for Trump, but do you remember who the majority of them also voted for the last two elections?

Trump may be a crass, idiotic, narcissistic douchebag with zero government experience whatsoever (I certainly didn't want his ass in office before anyone tries to throw that at me) but voters ultimately decided even that is more preferable than having a corrupt, manipulative, war-mongering criminal in office. Trump wants to make the American public happy, he wants people to support him and commend him for what an amazing job he's done. He wants to, well, make America great again. People had no idea what Hillary's real agenda was, but going by her past, voters just didn't want to take that risk.

Last edited:

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
American politics
Yeah that's kinda what I found out after the intial shock ended. A woman of stagnation in charge of a unhappy country would definitely be undesirable. Also seeing this left wing stuff on social media to the point where it discriminates against the "privileged" white males is both a touch funny and very depressing.

Bleck

Smash Master
I like how often people call hillary a criminal for deleting e-mails or whatever but don't call trump a criminal for ****** a bunch of women

Vashimus

Smash Master
I like how often people call hillary a criminal for deleting e-mails or whatever but don't call trump a criminal for ****** a bunch of women
And Hillary has threatened and smeared countless women for their testimonies of sexual assault or consentual affairs with her husband since the 1970s. For a person who's said all sexual victims deserve to have their voices heard, she sure didn't practice what she preached. But sure, e-mails or whatever.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
implying that enabling sexual assault and committing sexual assault are the same severity is a thing called false equivalence

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
implying that enabling sexual assault and committing sexual assault are the same severity is a thing called false equivalence
Not really. Enabling someone can be just as bad as committing the crime itself, it just depends on the context. Semantics aside though, the point was if sexual accusations didn't stop the Clintons and their supporters from being successful, it certainly wasn't going to stop Trump's. There will always be voters willing are look past any flaws or allegations their candidates might have so long as their side wins.

No one knows exactly what to expect from a Trump presidency, all we can do really is wait and see. The entire country is definitely watching him. I understand people are upset, but I also think people should want their president to do well. They should want Trump to succeed and prove the naysayers wrong, rather than protesting in the streets because he got elected. If he can be true to his word and do what's best for the American people, then fine. If he ****s up in some major way or otherwise infringes on the rights of Americans, then they will not hesitate to have their outrage be heard, and we'll fight for their rights with them. That's really what it comes down to.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
trump is putting the worst of the worst on his transition team

I'm not expecting anything good out of this

the man is an idiot who doesn't want and doesn't know how to lead but thankfully he's surrounding himself with alt-right ****bags who have better theories about governing aka "let's try some fascism now"

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are there factual sources about who's going on his transition team? I've seen a lot of different articles about potential members of his cabinet, which aren't very promising, but I haven't found a confirmed cabinet list or anything.

Vashimus

Smash Master
The funny thing about labeling someone (other than someone who self-identifies as such) a fascist is that the term is so flexible as to be almost meaningless. The stigma surrounding the term has made it hard to get a straight answer about what it means, just that nobody wants to be called it. Hardly a new insight, George Orwell pointed it out like 70 years ago.

The last president elect that was accused this much of fascism I believe was FDR, which definitely says something.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Hillary was actually the one ****ed by the media tbh.

Trump says fascist things but you can hardly claim he even believes what he says.

Last edited:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Whether he believes everything he says doesn't matter; he was voted for anyway. I don't particularly care about the individual reasons (because of vs in spite of) but allowing this unqualified bigoted manchild to be the President-elect says a lot about the country

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
please don't give strong bad credit for something i did. you will not be unbanned
Stingers told me Strong Bad did it. Why are you still so salty about me potentially leaking the dev build? remember you leaked information on my stamina code at CEO so that's pretty hypocritical

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Are there factual sources about who's going on his transition team? I've seen a lot of different articles about potential members of his cabinet, which aren't very promising, but I haven't found a confirmed cabinet list or anything.
Cabinet is still up in the air but his transition team is p much finalized

also
http://huff.to/2eOtZpT

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Stingers told me Strong Bad did it. Why are you still so salty about me potentially leaking the dev build? remember you leaked information on my stamina code at CEO so that's pretty hypocritical
oh ok cause teasing an insignificant feature out loud on a small stream (that probably nobody even remembers) is the exact same thing as distributing unauthorized files that could have damaged our team. #wiizdom

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The last president elect that was accused this much of fascism I believe was FDR, which definitely says something.
FDR put hundreds of thousands of Japanese-American citizens in internment camps in wartime for no real reason, which was very similar to a lot of the things that Imperial Japan/the Third Reich got up to, so...

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wiiztec wiiztec
If you wish to appeal your ban on the PM subreddit, I suggest you speak privately with its moderators and not here. I am not a moderator of the subreddit.

To all users, please discontinue discussion of bans unrelated to Smashboards or I will have to warn/infract accordingly. ^_^

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Yeah that's kinda what I found out after the intial shock ended. A woman of stagnation in charge of a unhappy country would definitely be undesirable. Also seeing this left wing stuff on social media to the point where it discriminates against the "privileged" white males is both a touch funny and very depressing.
You can't discriminate against white people or males dummy. What are you, a white male?

Top Bottom