• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yes, because tier list at this stage of a game's lifespan is totally not rushed.

Getting a weird sense of deja vu. I wonder why...

EDIT: Real talk, if you can remember exactly how to finish Silph Co. to this day, you deserve an award.
There's only 3 teleports after you grab the card key on the fifth floor so this isn't really hard. =p

Razor heads are only expensive if you use cartridges, which are stupid expensive. If you use a DE razor then razor blades are cheap as **** and last just as long.

I personally enjoy shaving, but that's probably because I only need to shave my face, and I have a process that I enjoy.
Yeah I just use cartridge heads, I haven't used a DE razor before. Still don't think I'd use a razor for anything but my face though.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Yeah I just use cartridge heads, I haven't used a DE razor before. Still don't think I'd use a razor for anything but my face though.
It's fun. Like a $50 up front cost and then you pay like $0.50 per blade after that, and that's if you don't buy in bulk, where they can get much cheaper than that. So you definitely save money in the long run. I also personally enjoy the whole process of lathering with a brush and stuff, but that just comes down to personal preference.

I haven't used it for anything but my face, but my girlfriend has used it on her legs before, and it works pretty well.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
How the **** are you supposed to trade between Gen 1 and Gen 7 with the Pokébank? They have completely different stat systems and this is why they didn't allow trading between Gen 2 and Gen 3 in the first place, I'm wondering what Game Freak did to get around that.
My friends and I are speculating that the stats'll adjust accordingly to the current gen and there will probably be some kinda metric to determine abilities/natures.

Where it gets crazy, however, are the movepools for the Gen 1 Pokémon coming into the most recent gen. Fissure Machamp, anyone?

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
My friends and I are speculating that the stats'll adjust accordingly to the current gen and there will probably be some kinda metric to determine abilities/natures.

Where it gets crazy, however, are the movepools for the Gen 1 Pokémon coming into the most recent gen. Fissure Machamp, anyone?

Smooth Criminal
It would work for DVs if you did 1:2 for DVs to IVs. Like you wouldn't be able to get 31 IV pokes from RBY trades but that's not really a big deal in most circumstances.

For stat exp though? It just wouldn't work at all, stat exp is stupidly good when compared with the current EV system.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
But if you wanna look strong then body hair just gets in the way
If you shave it then everyone will get to see the strong in HIGH DEFINITION, FULL DETAIL
pro wrestlers historically shave their body hair because when you don't you're dealing with grabbing onto sweaty hair constantly

I have like ten pounds' worth of body hair but when I shave it all off, it grows back to similar lengths within a week and the awful plumbing here gets clogged enough as-is
Bruno Sammartino is one example of a wrestler who had body hair and he was the champion for 8 straight years.

Last edited:

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Does anyone here use a straight razor? I got one a while ago, and can't seem to get it sharp enough with my strop. Granted I haven't tried for that long, but given all of the tutorials I have read and watched, it likely should be enough. I still have enough replacement heads to not really worry about it for a long while, but it would be nice to get the long term plan in motion sooner rather than when I have one replacement head left.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i've been tempted to get a straight razor, but i'm lazy and tend to just shave in the shower, which i wouldn't be able to do with a straight razor : /

are you letting it rest after you strop? assuming you're doing the cloth-leather stuff properly, that's the only other thing i've read about straight razor care.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just reached 1000 matches on my melee save
Tfw it was me vs a lv 6 fox

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Ever spent over $200 dollars to fix something to realize it was just a loose screw?

Noticed my heatsink was wobbly and figured I may as well tighten it. PC stays on.
Was under the impression the temps were normal when you had problems

Could've saved like 4 days of extra frustration, glad you got it fixed anyway tho

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Does anyone here use a straight razor? I got one a while ago, and can't seem to get it sharp enough with my strop. Granted I haven't tried for that long, but given all of the tutorials I have read and watched, it likely should be enough. I still have enough replacement heads to not really worry about it for a long while, but it would be nice to get the long term plan in motion sooner rather than when I have one replacement head left.
I'll probably get one eventually, but DE is easier to do and get into and...

You know I don't have nearly enough facial hair to warrant spending much time and effort on shaving.

Also, had an interview today. 2nd round of interviews with Expedia for a summer internship. I think I did okay. We'll see.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
People talking about Pokemon Sun and Moon and here I am hopelessly confused why they didn't release a version Z. They already have the assets ready, and people will still buy it like hotcakes. What gives?

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
People talking about Pokemon Sun and Moon and here I am hopelessly confused why they didn't release a version Z. They already have the assets ready, and people will still buy it like hotcakes. What gives?
literally

every single generation I've snapped up the new one and then regretted it when the third version came out

except XY because I was burned out on Pokemon at the time so I figured I'd wait

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Helsong

Smash Ace
Y'know Rashid, you're lucky you have such a cool theme song, because you're kind of a dweeb.

In other news, I'm friggin terrible at SFV. Chun-Li is super fun though.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I honestly have to agree. Just like pokemon, unless there are new characters you like (like the legendaries this gen are just really overdesigned and sparkly who can resist) there is no point in getting the new game.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I honestly have to agree. Just like pokemon, unless there are new characters you like (like the legendaries this gen are just really overdesigned and sparkly who can resist) there is no point in getting the new game.
Yes there is, people like more of the same. Why do you think Call of Duty does so well? (Not saying every CoD is the same, they're just very similar). When ever an "innovative" game comes by, no one plays it because it's not the same.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Yes there is, people like more of the same. Why do you think Call of Duty does so well? (Not saying every CoD is the same, they're just very similar). When ever an "innovative" game comes by, no one plays it because it's not the same.
Well I've been playing 64 since it came out and I was always satisfied. When I heard that they were remaking smash for the Wii U in HD and on the go for the 3DS I just had to buy my favorite game more gorgeous than ever, and be able to do it everywhere. The game looks great and they did a great job porting it. It feels just as crisp as the original. I only wish that they had a 64 controller adaptor.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I hadn't bought anything since Diamond, and I honestly kind of regret having gotten X/Y. Can't remember which I have.

It's just not a great game. Exp Share's functionality take all challenge out of an already super easy franchise, while also making it more annoying to train up individual underlevelled pokemon if you're trying not to use the auto easy mode. The hub city of faux-Paris is absolute **** and a nightmare to navigate, with awful camera controls. The Battle Mansion is boring as **** replacing something that was at least slightly more interesting, and the game has little to no endgame post-E4 content to speak of, alongside lacking any neat sidequests for stuff like a legendary trio or anything like that.

The small quality-of-life changes they made to having better models and only having a pseudo-grid on the overworld are nice, but they don't make up for the rest of the shortcomings of the game enough to make it worthwhile.

I'm definitely not going to buy Sun/Moon unless it's abundantly clear that they've managed to do something actually new and interesting with it, or at least bring back the neater stuff like obscure puzzles for legendary trios. There doesn't feel like there's any mystery in the Pokemon games to me anymore, and it's not just because of familiarity and internet guides.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I remember the puzzles back in pokemon gen 1.

Using strength on the truck to get Mew...when I finally did it, I felt so rewarded.

They just don't make em like that anymore.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
****ing cave puzzles with rocks where if you ****ed up you had to leave and come back
Also the ice patch puzzles in Gen 2 ****

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Wtf is going on in this video
this is what we missed out on? thanks nintendo : /

I hadn't bought anything since Diamond, and I honestly kind of regret having gotten X/Y. Can't remember which I have.

It's just not a great game. Exp Share's functionality take all challenge out of an already super easy franchise, while also making it more annoying to train up individual underlevelled pokemon if you're trying not to use the auto easy mode. The hub city of faux-Paris is absolute **** and a nightmare to navigate, with awful camera controls. The Battle Mansion is boring as **** replacing something that was at least slightly more interesting, and the game has little to no endgame post-E4 content to speak of, alongside lacking any neat sidequests for stuff like a legendary trio or anything like that.

The small quality-of-life changes they made to having better models and only having a pseudo-grid on the overworld are nice, but they don't make up for the rest of the shortcomings of the game enough to make it worthwhile.

I'm definitely not going to buy Sun/Moon unless it's abundantly clear that they've managed to do something actually new and interesting with it, or at least bring back the neater stuff like obscure puzzles for legendary trios. There doesn't feel like there's any mystery in the Pokemon games to me anymore, and it's not just because of familiarity and internet guides.
but... pokemon s&m.

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
****ing cave puzzles with rocks where if you ****ed up you had to leave and come back
Also the ice patch puzzles in Gen 2 ****
i actually really like icy floor puzzles in rpgs
etrian odyssey 2 had literally an entire sanctum of ice puzzles and it was fantastic
Puzzles that require you to leave the area to reset them are very annoying though, and admittedly that same sanctum had ice block pushing puzzles in the remake that required you to leave the floor in order to reset some of them, which is pretty silly considering how long that can take

Top Bottom