• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Jesus **** what's going on in this thread.

Alright so better now than never. Can you guys give me some criticism on this video I made? I just finished it so I'm off to SFV. But I'll keep an eye on this thread. Yes it's cringe but I loved doing it.

• Misspelled return at 0:16
  • You use the phrase "to hell with you" or variants of that quite often. It works because it's bayonetta but I highly advise varying your text more.
  • These clips are mostly just people being bad or doing dumb things. Some of them look staged as well and honestly I was bored watching it because everyone was doing so many things that just shouldn't be done. These kind of clips are fine but you have to balance it out with clips where people are actually competent.
  • you're more just blatantly insulting the opponents than being witty with most of this text. That might be someone's thing but I feel like wit > smugatron is more interesting to watch. This goes along with clips of competent people.
  • 1:44 was a really good clip to add flavor to the video.
  • 1:46 was a nice clip. End text I'd of replaced insults with wit though.
  • 2:04 I wouldn't of put in at all
You're channeling alphared really hard in this video but falling flat with the humor for me.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Strong Bad, we get that you're incredibly angry now. And you know what, you have every reason to be. You spent money and time to travel to a tournament, stomping through bracket beating people left and right. You're feeling yourself, you think "I got this ****", and then all of sudden this random ****ing character came along and the player beats you. All that work wasted and you feel nothing but rage. We get it, it sucks. It sucks donkey ***** with hot sauce drizzled on top. Everybody gets super pissed off over a loss once in a while, nobody's a freaking saint and nobody should expect you to be.

Your outburst isn't horrible in the grand scheme of things, you didn't hurt anybody or damage any property or anything. I'm just genuinely shocked and found it completely out of nowhere. Being angry about your loss and putting the blame on the opponent's character or design is incredibly unlike you. Hell, you used to condemn Melee players for doing the exact same thing years ago, stating it "perpetuated scrubbiness" and doing anything less than accepting your loss, shaking the opponent's hand and giving them their due credit is "absolutely despicable". Even when faced with adversity, Project M characters still have a very large variety of tactics, moves and depth that can to be used to drive them to success, probably more so than other other Smash game. What happened within the past few years to cause you to pull a complete 180 on that mentality? Or has it been all a facade for the sake of rallying the community as a project leader, and now that PM development is over, this is how you actually feel - the fact that being genuinely outplayed isn't what caused your loss, it's that Squirtle has incredibly jank BS?

You don't even have to answer that, it's none of my business. You could say I'm **** at the game and I should sit the **** down (which wouldn't be much of a blow to the ego anyway - last serious match I've had in PM was nearly 2 years ago, not exactly on the radar anymore at this point). Bottom-line is you aren't a terrible person, and you aren't being crucified because you're salty about a character. Salt is salt, it is what it is. It's just baffling and a bit hypocritical is all.

For all the other noise going on in the background with Umbreon and whoever, not asking y'all to suck each other off, but let's drop the hostility and vitriol over, thank you Scotch and Mech, a video game, because we know damn well none of you actually pull any of this **** in real life. Please come to my neighborhood, threaten someone with death and see what happens, I wish a mother ****** would. You are a grown ass man. **** outta here with this fake ass beef over some damn games.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
To clarify, my earlier quip was lighthearted, though there was a granule of what @trash? was saying in it. I respect you as a player and all, SB, but it doesn't make you above reproach for saying silly **** like that.

Smooth Criminal

Bleck

Smash Master
remember when umbreon used a homophobic slur last page and wasn't penalized because he's supposedly good at a video game

ha ha ha good times

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
wtf is this thread now lmao.

yeah, idk salt happens. don't use it as an excuse to say ****ty things and if you are, apologize for it later lmao

that **** aside, who among you nerds are going to Combo Breaker 2016? I'm going for UNIEL, but I'm like 100% sure I'm going to also bring my PM set up. I'd like to play with some of yall in it, UNI or SFV.

CaptainHaus

Smash Rookie
NNID
MedicHaus
I wish I could go, but no money and west coast :(
I'd be totally down for some UNI netplay though, even if I'm a total baddie

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I dunno about anyone else but I do better at games when people are salty, this thread is a great source of energy keep it up.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

So in central London we have a... Canadian pub (which is aptly named)? From what I can tell it's basically just a normal pub, except instead of watching Football they watch Ice Hockey, and they serve poutine. Apparently it's been around for years and I haven't seen it, it's pretty strange what you can randomly stumble across.

Also, @Old Man Grey come to London:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961

So in central London we have a... Canadian pub (which is aptly named)? From what I can tell it's basically just a normal pub, except instead of watching Football they watch Ice Hockey, and they serve poutine. Apparently it's been around for years and I haven't seen it, it's pretty strange what you can randomly stumble across.

Also, @Old Man Grey come to London:

For a sec I was thinking of London, Ontario and I was like yeah that makes total sense

Helsong

Smash Ace
Is there a word for that thing when life is going super well in almost all respects but you've got this nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you're going to inevitably screw something up? It should have a word.

Maybe it's cuz I'm sober.

Also, I don't hate Falcon anymore. It's just a seething dislike. I just have to swing my sword faster.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong Bad, we get that you're incredibly angry now. And you know what, you have every reason to be. You spent money and time to travel to a tournament, stomping through bracket beating people left and right. You're feeling yourself, you think "I got this ****", and then all of sudden this random ****ing character came along and the player beats you. All that work wasted and you feel nothing but rage. We get it, it sucks. It sucks donkey ***** with hot sauce drizzled on top. Everybody gets super pissed off over a loss once in a while, nobody's a freaking saint and nobody should expect you to be.
I am not nor was I angry about the result. In order to be emotionally invested in the outcome as a competitor I would have had to have considered the set a fair competition where both sides have a genuine opportunity to succeed before it began. Feel free to call me a scrub if that's the conclusion you get from this statement, I do not care.

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
In order to be emotionally invested in the outcome as a competitor I would have had to have considered the set a fair competition where both sides have a genuine opportunity to succeed before it began
Oh dear, this isn't gonna end well

Bleck

Smash Master
I am not nor was I angry about the result. In order to be emotionally invested in the outcome as a competitor I would have had to have considered the set a fair competition where both sides have a genuine opportunity to succeed before it began. Feel free to call me a scrub if that's the conclusion you get from this statement, I do not care.
just learn the matchup

Is there a word for that thing when life is going super well in almost all respects but you've got this nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you're going to inevitably screw something up? It should have a word.
yes

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
SB doesn't seem angry about the losing to squirtle, more that he's annoyed with everyone's response when he calls squirtle out for being a bull**** character

Also I find it funny how, no matter how many times the question is actually answered in great detail, every time the assertion that [x] doesn't play like a typical smash character is brought forward, somebody is like "hurr but wuts even makes something not a real smash character? Lel betcha won't answer this one for the 20th time so guess ur jus salty le mayo"

Just wanna say tho, how satisfying it is when I've been saying how bull**** squirtle is (snake too) for months now and now somebody else relevant feels my anguish.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
Decided to tune into the beast 6 smash 4 stream and it's a greninja vs a diddy on loser semis

And these commentators are acting like greninja getting this far is a big surprise

'Mon literally has frame data similar to shiek's last time I checked which was like 2 months ago, greninja is definitely good but people have been sleeping on him probably because of the "nerf greninja lol xD" memes or something

Idk I'm just a big surprised that people apparently haven't realized greninja is good yet

In other news my application to go study abroad in japan is almost done, all I need is to get my academic advisor to give me the go ahead(which might be kinda hard because he focuses a lot on getting me a degree in 4 years to save money but I mainly want to do what I feel like doing, on the other hand he can't completely cockblock me from going so it doesn't even matter)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
More pertinently, who cares? There's always some beef going on in this sausagefest of a community. When it comes down to it, the identities of whatever dumb schmucks involved are, at the end of the day, not as important as grabbing the popcorn and partaking in schadenfreude in response to their foolishness.

Last edited:

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
Just read the last page. All I got from it was Strong Bad saying that Fox is x100 designed better than Squirtle, which I never thought I'd ever hear him say.
I mean it's not wrong but you know

steelguttey

mei is bei
ur just bein immature if u REFUSE to acknowledge ur opponent's skill just because u dont like the character :/

Oracle

Smash Master
I was pretty salty about snake but i didn't really mean to disrespect the players who beat me. I apologize to flafi and azer for that, hopefully they know were cool. Was more just frustrated at bad luck in bracket putting me in an awful matchup twice, but its still my fault for not practicing my secondaries

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I was pretty salty about snake but i didn't really mean to disrespect the players who beat me. I apologize to flafi and azer for that, hopefully they know were cool. Was more just frustrated at bad luck in bracket putting me in an awful matchup twice, but its still my fault for not practicing my secondaries
why would you apologize to azer, tho?

dammit, i don't know if he's on swf, how am i supposed to talk **** to him now?

D

Deleted member

ur just bein immature if u REFUSE to acknowledge ur opponent's skill just because u dont like the character :/

i dont agree with that, i think me and adam would both agree that dirtboy would be a talented player on any other character too (i havent asked). neither of us are hating on any individual player or anything like that. we both just agree that squirtle is really dumb, and adam explained why pretty clearly imo. and no, "learn the MU" isnt good advice when its pretty clear that both of us have investigated X character at length having made massive contributions to the creation of the game, it just comes off as a dismissive axiom that doesnt actually help. this is also why we ignore plate prop, since ive explained multiple times why "just take the edge" is garbage advice and doesnt actually work 90%+ of the time because it ignores all other nuance to the interaction and ends up being hilariously misleading.

also, as much as we all say fox is broken, fox is only poorly designed on one axis, which is his ability to choose when to attack. "learn the MU" magically doesnt fix something like fox vs zelda. squirtle is piss poor design on multiple fronts, as is snake

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
creation of the game, it just comes off as a dismissive axiom that doesnt actually help. this is also why we ignore plate prop, since ive explained multiple times why "just take the edge" is garbage advice and doesnt actually work 90%+ of the time because it ignores all other nuance to the interaction and ends up being hilariously misleading.
hey remember when you tried to dunk me out of sweetspot and ******* when it didnt work?
You know what would have?
Grabbing the ledge!

but yeah whatever, just keep ******** about it instead of actually trying the advice someone gives more than twice and deeming it "garbage" because you refuse to actually get better at the game

Top Bottom