• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Since the acceleration is uniform, you can replace your car decelerating with another car going the average speed of your first car over its period of deceleration, or 10m/s(this can be shown if you take the integral of the curves of both speeds over the time we'll find later and comparing the values found, or you can simply do it geometrically since it's triangles and rectangles anyway).

A car going 10m/s travels 400m in 40 seconds, so we can assume that your car going from 20m/s to 0m/s also takes 40 seconds. Since your car decelerates from 20m/s to 0m/s in 40 seconds, then the acceleration is 20/40 = -0,5m/s^2.

EDIT: Now in return can you help me show the invariance of the electromagnetic wave equation after a Lorentz transformation
you ****ing nerd.
>TFW your IRL friend reads this and questions you about it with all your other IRL friends

**** me
do we need to beat some people up? i'll help beat some people up if you need.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
*SCIENCE snip*
Now in return can you help me show the invariance of the electromagnetic wave equation after a Lorentz transformation
Are you talking about relativistic invariance in that context, or something else?

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
and in other news: my hands are **** ;x i have way more problems doing stuff at the gym because my hands can't physically handle the workload than with anything else ;x

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
and in other news: my hands are **** ;x i have way more problems doing stuff at the gym because my hands can't physically handle the workload than with anything else ;x
if you're having grip issues chalk will help you immensely

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, birthright is apparently selling better then conquest on Amazon.

RIP Fire Emblem, your hardcore depth has a nice grave next to F-Zero and Smash.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if you're having grip issues chalk will help you immensely
Maybe? My problem is my hands physically can't hold the weight as long as I need them to.

Like hammer curls are fine until the last set when my hands physically start to give out. My biceps are rough, but they can finish. My hands, though, are all like "naw son, let's ruin this for you."

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What is? The Pheonix mode? Cause no, it's not.

I don't see the problem with it though. "OH NO!!!! THE DEVS PUT IN AN OPTION TO MAKE THE GAME EASIER!!!!! HOW COULD THEY!!!!????"

It's a difficulty setting, it's not a big deal.
The dying part. How dare they taint my game! How dare nintendo think they can defy death.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Lo

I've been getting into some real deep stuff, man.

First, the whole Bernie vs Clinton "this is obviously rigged" got me on to /r/conspiracy
Then an article and numerous scientific papers linked there introduced me to the 9/11 truth movement with thermite and explosives and molten metal and what have you.
Then a video and testimonial showed me the 'possibility' of a 'controlled opposition' as the "9/11 Truth Movement." 'NO explosive weapon could've caused (bullet point list with evidences).' It was apparently directed energy weapons that caused many peculiar anomalies and the disintegration of concrete.
Then I off-hand read something about aliens and decided it was time to stop.

I have come to the conclusion that,
1. the whole thing is incredibly convoluted, with disinformation, misinformation, lies, cover-ups, conspiracies, and dishonesty in general by a lot of people on any side.
2. the "official" stories of things are often as implausible as the most outlandish (aliens) claims.
3. the conclusion is probably somewhere in the middle.
4. that I ain't got time for that. Too busy moving to Russia.

This is what people do when they have free time and nothing else to do.
Don't be like me, find something else to do. Something productive. Like try to become a plasma scientist...
Or just work a factory job in Russia.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
What is? The Pheonix mode? Cause no, it's not.

I don't see the problem with it though. "OH NO!!!! THE DEVS PUT IN AN OPTION TO MAKE THE GAME EASIER!!!!! HOW COULD THEY!!!!????"

It's a difficulty setting, it's not a big deal.
well it's not even a difficulty setting. it means that you can't lose, basically takes out all element of risk.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
well it's not even a difficulty setting. it means that you can't lose, basically takes out all element of risk.
So in other words, it's a difficulty setting? It's one meant for people who'd rather experience the story than look for a challenge, cause games do that now.

INB4: Read a book

God forbid someone looks to other forms of media to experience stories.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Are you talking about relativistic invariance in that context, or something else?
Well basically how the speed of light is invariant regardless of the referential used, but I have to do it using the wave equation (IE the second partial derivative of Phi over x, y, and z minus the second partial derivative of phi over t divided by c^2) and substituting the differential operators for those in my relativistic referential using Lorentz transformations.

I've got it, more or less, but my equations don't balance out and I can't seem to figure out why.

Bleck

Smash Master
how dare the developers put it an option that slightly changes the game so that a larger number of people can enjoy it

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I need to get better, is all.

Falcon's fun and all, but I currently hate fighting him more than any other character. More than Shiek. I think it's just a Falcon problem, seeing as how I've hated fighting this character for a very long time.
rofl you suck

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Well basically how the speed of light is invariant regardless of the referential used
Right, because the speed of light is always c.
*snip*
I've got it, more or less, but my equations don't balance out and I can't seem to figure out why.
Make sure to double-check your work for inconsistencies.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Well, birthright is apparently selling better then conquest on Amazon.

RIP Fire Emblem, your hardcore depth has a nice grave next to F-Zero and Smash.
tbh the game really sets it up so siding with nohr seems like a **** move and it annoys the **** out of me

edit: like when you actually go to hoshido in the first 6 chapters they literally just spend the entire time basically talking about how big of a **** nohr is. goddamn casuls

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
I'm not sure how these people haven't realized that Fire Emblem has essentially always succeeded on the strength of its writing and its seamless integration of character interaction into gameplay and not out of appreciation for its difficulty but I'm going to go ahead and assume it's another one of those "autistic socipaths" things

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
The fun of Fire Emblem is redoing the same map over and over because one of your units gets critted to death despite your best efforts

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I'm not sure how these people haven't realized that Fire Emblem has essentially always succeeded on the strength of its writing and its seamless integration of character interaction into gameplay and not out of appreciation for its difficulty but I'm going to go ahead and assume it's another one of those "autistic socipaths" things
i'm not upset, as you seemed to think. i haven't ever even played an fe game, tbh. i just question what the point is if they're doing this. why not cut out the middle man and just have VN mode? when the outcome of all battles is a foregone conclusion, why pretend it's a game anymore?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Part of the writing was people dying.
If you commit to not resetting losing a unit is a powerful thing.

But RPG optimization fanatics kinda destroy everything.

I mean, blocked.

Bleck

Smash Master
i'm not upset, as you seemed to think
you're not, but there sure are a lot of people who are

why not cut out the middle man and just have VN mode? when the outcome of all battles is a foregone conclusion, why pretend it's a game anymore?
drama

Part of the writing was people dying.
If you commit to not resetting losing a unit is a powerful thing.
and people still have the choice to experience the game that way

Last edited:

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Hey, guys, I'm kicking up again my old youtube channel, want to cringe with me?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I mean nothing really matters.
So the importance of: video games = sports = occupational success = friendships = money = service & charity

because they are all things that people find important personally, but are ultimately pointless.

And talking about sports is something that brings people together the same way you dismissing me for my grammar and age brings us together.

Shower Thought.
Fallacies are argumentative/persuasive techniques that are so toxic to the argument meta-game that they have been soft-banned by professional arguers and arguing enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom