• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Art is fun but hard.
I spent like 3 hours for this.

I've got to grips with the pad pretty well, but there's a massive amount of stuff to learn about the program still.

And ofc about art and what things cause what in the ones receiving it.

I tried to get a warm and jazzy feeling to this one and while I don't think I outright failed, I certainly could've done a much better job. I also had some more white to the top right and bottom left, but I felt like they spread the focus and flow of the picture too far. I also tried to use blurring to take some tension from the man, but I ended up using too much and he ended up much more mobile than I had intended. I also got a bit lazy and can now see how bad the trumpet looks, but at least it's somewhat in unison with the man. idk. I suck at drawing clothes. Perspective is also needlessly hard and I have to do it mostly through trial and error. I don't want to think how bad the man would've looked if I'd have done this on paper.

It kind of ended up too gloomy too. Perhaps a sliding background would've worked better?

Also hands are hard af.

I usually feel like I don't give the brain enough freedom and pack the picture too full of stuff. Now there's kind of that, but also I couldn't really draw the ye to the vortex as well as I wanted to.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I know I said I'm trying to quit

but I also want to do cool things and make a cool tech skill video for the PMTV contest

and I already found some hype new ( to me at least) diddy stuff.

****s lit

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Diddy is cancr and donkey kong doesnt even deserve to be in any smash game

Get at me nerds

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Also hands are hard af.
troof. if you wanna do this seriously, i would recommend just straight up grinding out hand and finger drawings for a while. go find pictures online or get friends to do stuff with their hands and take pictures at different angles and just tediously break them down into base shapes (like, cylinders, squares, rectangles, etc...) then get used to that, then building everything on top of that base shape, so that you can just sketch out easy roughs and clean that up.

as for composition, i can't help with that, much. most of my (limited and amateur, to be frank) experience is with character concept and figure drawing. so, i've learned to imply movement and key design elements decently well, but little else : /

Bleck

Smash Master
the phantom menace is the middle, attack of the clones and return of the jedi are tied for the worst

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Phantom Menace was alright, just incredibly boring at times with it's best parts being the Pod racing scene and Duel of the Fates. Episode 2 I can't put myself through anymore because it just feels like a useless movie and the romance subplot is poorly executed. Absolutely love Revenge of the Sith though because Palpatine is just amazing and the action scenes aren't that bad.
In the end for me it's 5->4->7-->3->6=1---------->2

D

Deleted member

I hope for an amazing 2015 in 2014

I'm hoping for same thing this year

But it ain't happeningggg~

(Happy New Years PMS?)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
>getting excited for a square enix port

kek
Yeah their ports are basically beyond garbage (although LR's is a lot better than what they used to put out). I still want to be able to play the game on PC, with modding and in a higher resolution than 320x240 lol.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah their ports are basically beyond garbage (although LR's is a lot better than what they used to put out). I still want to be able to play the game on PC, with modding and in a higher resolution than 320x240 lol.
my predictions for FF9 PC port

320x240
30fps is hard coded like Type 0 and thus there will be no 60FPS patch
FXAA setting is either "Yes" or "No"
Yes gives you FXAAx16
FXAAx16 drops FPS to 10; even with SLI/Crossfire cards
No local .ini files for modding
SFX issues on launch
Patch 1.0.4 released 3 months later fixes SFX issues but now causes crashes on booting the launcher
no 16:9 support ever.
New GFX Drivers updates causes save data to go corrupt

I could go on Kappa

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
my predictions for FF9 PC port

320x240
30fps is hard coded like Type 0 and thus there will be no 60FPS patch
FXAA setting is either "Yes" or "No"
Yes gives you FXAAx16
FXAAx16 drops FPS to 10
No local .ini files for modding
SFX issues on launch
Patch 1.0.4 released 3 months later fixes SFX issues but now causes crashes on booting the launcher
no 16:9 support ever.

I could go on Kappa
I don't think there will be audio issues since they aren't using a 1998 PC port that had midi files in it. Also FXAAx16 will only drop FPS to 10 for you because you're beta as **** and still use AMD in 2016.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Phantom Menace was alright, just incredibly boring at times with it's best parts being the Pod racing scene and Duel of the Fates. Episode 2 I can't put myself through anymore because it just feels like a useless movie and the romance subplot is poorly executed. Absolutely love Revenge of the Sith though because Palpatine is just amazing and the action scenes aren't that bad.
In the end for me it's 5->4->7-->3->6=1---------->2
Are you me?

Revenge of the Sith has to be the most underrated of the prequels. Does it hold a candle to the original? No. However, it does have great action sequences and the Obi-wan vs. Anakin fight was very memorable.

GeZ

Smash Lord

http://jp.square-enix.com/ff9/en/

When your dreams come true.
I haven't played a smash game in months, and haven't visited this site in about a year, but yeah, FF9 remastered when? Best final fantasy easy.

But also, yeah, I haven't played smash in forever, and probably won''t come back. Good luck to all you guys, it was some fun times.

Last edited:

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Are you me?

Revenge of the Sith has to be the most underrated of the prequels. Does it hold a candle to the original? No. However, it does have great action sequences and the Obi-wan vs. Anakin fight was very memorable.
One of my biggest gripes with the prequels is that the lightsaber duels are over the top flashy. Half the time the swings aren't even going for anything except the opponent's blade. It's so over-choreographed.

TFA had gritty fights with emotion behind every swing. Almost no "let me spin in place for no reason and take my eyes off my enemy" which was like 40% of the prequel fights.

Also I think we were supposed to give a **** about Anakin but like no one does. He just whines a sh*tton and then "oh no he's bad, doesn't that upset you?" but like no, he can die on Mustafar for all I care.

Like I barely even care about arguing which prequel was the least garbage because they were all full of crap. They all have one or two redeeming factors but most of it is dumb.

I'd rather just rate 5>7>4>6>1/2/3

Last edited:
Top Bottom