• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bazkip

Smash Master
I lied, didn't end up going out for Chinese with friends because for some reason my aunt and uncle were having some family over for dinner and I got guilt tripped into going. We're Jewish why are we having Christmas eve dinner wtf.

Not that I don't mind spending time with that side of the family, but I would've liked to have gone out with friends too.

I probably would've felt bad whichever I decided to go to ;_;

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
lol miom yearly rankings are either even more hilariously biased this year or I've just noticed it more
socal accomplishments blown out of proportion, east coast underrated, europe overrated, midwest totally shafted

like the fact that slayer isn't even on the list is hilarious considering that the one major he did go (TBH5) to he placed 33rd and he beat toph (who's ranked higher than him) and he and randall beat prof pro and chillindude

but ya know midwest is trash and the only people who ever gets ranked are michigan people and kelly
Lmao right

Shoutouts to medz, number 2 in az, winning record over lucky and macd, not on the list while tai is on there in the 90s (also way too high). Like yeah most of az pr is just hidden bosses (Silly kyle, Gg7, TAJ) but medz was crazy active up till a few months ago but he still plays and beats tai/taj consistently. Has more sets off axe than anyone else not sfat

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Kinda regret I didn't do a Santa hat profile pick this year

Although this van-gogh style painting of me regretting existence is pretty good too, going to rock it for a while

https://deepart.io/

Amazing site.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
got ****ing bodied first round and the guy was ****ing laughing at beating me so easily and insulting me. i'm forfeiting immediately. my mind isn't in a good place and i'm already slightly depressed. idk why i thought it was a good idea to enter this

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
got ****ing bodied first round and the guy was ****ing laughing at beating me so easily and insulting me. i'm forfeiting immediately. my mind isn't in a good place and i'm already slightly depressed. idk why i thought it was a good idea to enter this
god damn

rip man

you gotta have a tough heart and skin to deal with anything kappa related.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
before it even began, some guy named shapular messaged me on steam with something like "hey aren't you that faggy guy who works on project ****"

don't remember the exact phrase but it was worse than that iirc.

not a good day so far

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm sorry, Toast. That's a real ****ty prelude to Christmas.

Hope it gets better.

...cookies help with that. Why am I not eating cookies right now.

Smooth Criminal

SunJester

Smash Ace
before it even began, some guy named shapular messaged me on steam with something like "hey aren't you that faggy guy who works on project ****"

not a good day so far

**** that. He's just salty 'cause he's never put nearly as much love and time into something like you have with PM. He can talk **** all he wants, you've helped create the best smash game and foster a really large fighting game community.

Let him talk crap, you've got the whole PM community thanking you for what you've done, plus for whatever its worth, I've (and I'm sure the PMS as well) got your back.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
call him a nerd

Soft Serve

softie
Premium

not a good day so far
I got a digital copy of fung fu Panda from amazon, you can have it if you want. I Know you wanted that 4th place prize :^)

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Merry Christmas from the UK you guys. I'm probably gonna buy a **** ton of steam games so maybe I'll finally get to play some fighting games with you all :)

oh and **** @shapular, he's always had an irrational hatred for anything PM-related. prolly just mad toaster helped take his game and made it good

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Merry Christmas PMS
I don't feel like christmas and yet here I am staying up to wrap presents last minute to keep Santa alive for my little sisters

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Does anyone here happen to have a spare iphone 5? I really need to get a new one since my screen hangs like half way out ;-;

D

Deleted member

Should have decked the ************, don't take **** from anyone (jk, violence isn't good)

I remember there was this one tournament where I had to play against this buff ass dude while he had his petite Asian girlfriend sitting on his lap, like some sort of trophy

He sandbagged me and played Kirby against my Falcon. Dude was also laughing, having his friends cheer against me, and he was styling hard.

Don't fret.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I see that went well for you. kappa

Edit: Seriously, hope you feel in a better mood soon.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Should have decked the ************, don't take **** from anyone (jk, violence isn't good)

I remember there was this one tournament where I had to play against this buff *** dude while he had his petite Asian girlfriend sitting on his lap, like some sort of trophy

He sandbagged me and played Kirby against my Falcon. Dude was also laughing, having his friends cheer against me, and he was styling hard.

Don't fret.
You mean you didn't camp him out with lasers on FD on your counterpick? Why not?

Also Merry Christmas from EC guys!

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I'm probably going to buy a new smash4-themed gamecube controller from best buy during post-kurisumasu sales just for the sake of getting my hands on a first party c-stick because all the replacement ones on amazon are ****ty third party quality that I've seen and want to get away from

and I'm buying a cstick just so I can put it on my left analog stick because I've been having thumb/hand pain from wavedashing and the like
when I use a thumb joystick, rather than put my thumb on the top and swivel it around like a normal human, I hit the joystick with the side of my thumb which makes wavedashing back and forth look like my thumb is dribbling a soccer ball
and it hurts when I do it a lot
this is why I originally switched to a nunchuck stick, because it was smaller in diameter and not as rough on the top as the stock gamecube stick which meant that my finger could get around it faster

however, it's also taller, which leads to my thumb having to move more and it doesn't entirely solve the problem, especially given that the gamecube controller (especially when compared to the classic controller pro) is pretty thicc to begin with.

the c-stick should knock both of these birds with one stone, as it is much shorter and a much smaller diameter that my thumb has to move across. I've tried it before and it worked fine but I stopped because I didn't have enough parts to have both a regular and backup controller

does anyone else use any bat**** crazy hardware setups for their controller?

Last edited:

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
That sucks man. Don't let it get you too down you know there are better people in the community than /r/kappa out there.

On that note has anyone ever felt like competition has kind of been a negative influence on their life? I dunno, smash has had more drama to me than any other community I've been in personally. I feel like its because the players are overall younger. I love my friends to death but the overall community sometimes has just been unreasonably uncool to me...

Bazkip

Smash Master
oh and **** @shapular, he's always had an irrational hatred for anything PM-related. prolly just mad toaster helped take his game and made it good
Oh I knew that name seemed familiar when toaster said it.

Just gonna say standardtoaster standardtoaster , harassing a mod seems like a valid reason to ban someone to me, even if it was offsite.
I don't think anyone would mind.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
[13] And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly army, praising God, and saying: [14] Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men of good will.

Merry Christmas, all.

Guess who just got FAST Racing Neo ????

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
That sucks man. Don't let it get you too down you know there are better people in the community than /r/kappa out there.

On that note has anyone ever felt like competition has kind of been a negative influence on their life? I dunno, smash has had more drama to me than any other community I've been in personally. I feel like its because the players are overall younger. I love my friends to death but the overall community sometimes has just been unreasonably uncool to me...
I jumped straight from highschool competitive rowing to the smash scene, with very little overlap. I find it way different, not sure if the level of competetiveness in smash is better or not.
In sports you don't have weekly meet ups and a **** load of events to mark your improvement. At least in rowing, you practice for a few months, with fitness tests to track your physical progress/mock races at practice, but you only compete every few months. And only really one race matters in qualification for nationals. Everything built up to Regionals. It was a hype focused, very singular goal driven kind of competitiveness. Your competition was unobservable other than occasional reported times at the build up races. You kept yourself going with the thought that out there, some faceless kid is practicing right now, and is faster than you.

Its very different then the weekly meet up, personal/friendly competitiveness I find in smash. Everyone is my friend so its so much harder to get into the mindset of "I don't care who is sitting in the char (lane for rowing) next to me, I'm going to ****ing destroy them. They might be my friends, but as soon as I plug in, they are just an obstacle." I think the competetiveness I find in smash is worse for improvement in the medium, better for being part of a group. Less time between each outlet of competition has positives and negatives. More practice to shake out nerves, less drastic progress made between events.

I don't know which one I'd prefer. Competition has had definitely both positive and negative influence to me. Gives me drive to improve but also pokes at inner demons I've yet to conquer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom