• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I thought that Binary Fell into a deep depression after finals.

How stupid of me.
I mean I hope that's not like a disappointment for you.

:sadsheep:

Edit: Also you capitalized "fell" for some reason and Binary Fell looks like a pretentious movie title to me now

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
So I actually did watch the Star Wars original trilogy over the last few nights.
They were okay.
Not groundbreaking or anything but I had a good time.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Christmas Avatar!
Let's all worship the jolly red man!

...Yeah, that's actually me.
This picture was so much better then I could have ever imagined.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Not groundbreaking or anything
To be fair, you are watching them well over thirty years post-release.

In a lot of ways, many many classic, groundbreaking movies can be watched today, and it doesn't look like they're that great, or would be that influential.

Star Wars has had massive influence, kick-starting huge leaps in special effects, along with smaller influences, like the doing away with of the now-unpopular practice of opening credits. The reason that you see long opening credits at the start of pre-80s movies so much more predominantly (and of greater lengths) is because Star Wars was one of the first films to not have any opening credits at all - in fact, George Lucas resigned from the Directors Guild of America because they fined him a quarter of a million dollars for not crediting the director of Episode V in the opening title sequence.

Star Wars was a major part of the dawn of the summer blockbuster. The dawn of just that kind of movie, with action-packed special effects instead of the then-Hollywood-popular stories of dramatic conflict and deeper stories that provided classics like Citizen Kane.

I mean, overall, yeah, they're campy and not really unpredictable and the acting and effects are often stilted and a little awkward. But, in a lot of ways, the really amazing thing about Star Wars is its ability to inspire generations of fans to an almost religious fervor, over the course of almost forty years doing almost nothing but growing. It was universal, it was straightforward good-will-triumph action, and it was exciting and that was, in a weird way, almost novel back then.

Just the fact that you can watch it and have a good time today is really a testament to the power of the trilogy. I mean, try and watch 2001: A Space Odyssey. The cinematography is fantastic, the movie itself is beautiful. But it crawls by modern standards. It's practically a trial for many modern moviegoers.

Eh, I don't know what I'm talking about though. /ramble

Your continued excellence casts a deep shadow of relative disappointment in our lives.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
To be fair, you are watching them well over thirty years post-release.

In a lot of ways, many many classic, groundbreaking movies can be watched today, and it doesn't look like they're that great, or would be that influential.

Star Wars has had massive influence, kick-starting huge leaps in special effects, along with smaller influences, like the doing away with of the now-unpopular practice of opening credits. The reason that you see long opening credits at the start of pre-80s movies so much more predominantly (and of greater lengths) is because Star Wars was one of the first films to not have any opening credits at all - in fact, George Lucas resigned from the Directors Guild of America because they fined him a quarter of a million dollars for not crediting the director of Episode V in the opening title sequence.

Star Wars was a major part of the dawn of the summer blockbuster. The dawn of just that kind of movie, with action-packed special effects instead of the then-Hollywood-popular stories of dramatic conflict and deeper stories that provided classics like Citizen Kane.

I mean, overall, yeah, they're campy and not really unpredictable and the acting and effects are often stilted and a little awkward. But, in a lot of ways, the really amazing thing about Star Wars is its ability to inspire generations of fans to an almost religious fervor, over the course of almost forty years doing almost nothing but growing. It was universal, it was straightforward good-will-triumph action, and it was exciting and that was, in a weird way, almost novel back then.

Just the fact that you can watch it and have a good time today is really a testament to the power of the trilogy. I mean, try and watch 2001: A Space Odyssey. The cinematography is fantastic, the movie itself is beautiful. But it crawls by modern standards. It's practically a trial for many modern moviegoers.

Eh, I don't know what I'm talking about though. /ramble

nerd

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Your continued excellence casts a deep shadow of relative disappointment in our lives.
Bull. He is not the only one here of worth; that applies to everyone here.
Yeah, I took it at face-value, but stuff like this needs to be said.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I hope everyone gets some good stuff in the Chrimbus Bush this year.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I played ranked on USF4 for two minutes and remembered why I don't play ranked in any game ever.
because I'm bad.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
My current ladder experience is Hearthstone.
But this season I finally finished the constructed deck I'd been working on for a year.
And decided it was boring and made ****ty decks and saw if I could ever leave rank 20.

I'm gonna play arena now.

Bleck

Smash Master
I played ranked on USF4 for two minutes and remembered why I don't play ranked in any game ever.
because I'm bad.
could be worse - you could be playing league, never really knowing if you're bad or if you just have ****ty luck with teammates

Lizalfos

Smash Master
could be worse - you could be playing league, never really knowing if you're bad or if you just have ****ty luck with teammates
90% of the time it is your fault because the other team has idiots too. Basically if you can manage to stand out at all as a player you can carry the game.

Deotay

Smash Cadet
My current ladder experience is Hearthstone.
But this season I finally finished the constructed deck I'd been working on for a year.
And decided it was boring and made ****ty decks and saw if I could ever leave rank 20.

I'm gonna play arena now.
What constructed deck has been relevant for a year? Handlock? That deck never dies.

If you don't know for yourself, odds are both are the case to varying degrees. At least, that's how it turned out for me when I looked back at my DotA and LoL days.

Untamed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Immortal_gamer2
Just sitting at home, with whatever I get for christmas.. which won't be much because I'm old now xD

Top Bottom