• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
i wouldn't say that's tmi at all. i think that's p helful advice. i'm not really satisfied with the results i get, too many ingrowns. would you suggest what you're doin might help meowt?

ETA: also everything i've looked up on the matter has suggested exfoliating at some point, but all the guides conflict. some say do it immediately before or after or daily or never, and none of them say what you're supposed to use to exfoliate. and the whole with or against the grain thing. idk i'm kinda rambling at this point.
When I shave normally it takes like 2 hours. Mostly I shower, shave, rinse the razor, and afterwards I shower again with a loofa for exfoliating and use loooots of lotion. As for against the grain or not I've done both. You should proly go with the grain but I've found the same ratio of in-grown hairs either way. For the razor I recommend a 5-blade that glides. I'm just too cheap to replace them and you need to replace blades pretty often if you want a smooth shave.

Veet is when I need to impress in a hurry. =x Its way quicker and its pretty cheap/easy. I only keep the razors around for stray hair and my face now. Its literally the same result as most shaves and takes like 15 minutes. It can also reach areas that are harder to reach by hand. <\\\<

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
buy an electric razor - nobody will ever be able to tell the difference, ever, and you'll stop getting ingrown hairs

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
When I shave normally it takes like 2 hours. Mostly I shower, shave, rinse the razor, and afterwards I shower again with a loofa for exfoliating and use loooots of lotion. As for against the grain or not I've done both. You should proly go with the grain but I've found the same ratio of in-grown hairs either way. For the razor I recommend a 5-blade that glides. I'm just too cheap to replace them and you need to replace blades pretty often if you want a smooth shave.

Veet is when I need to impress in a hurry. =x Its way quicker and its pretty cheap/easy. I only keep the razors around for stray hair and my face now. Its literally the same result as most shaves and takes like 15 minutes. It can also reach areas that are harder to reach by hand. <\\\<
can you shoot me an amazon link to the veet stuff you're using?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sup. I also don't use shaving cream. Just pretty much raw dog it in the shower.
Other than the shower part, same. Never felt a need for anything more than some warm water and a reasonably sharp disposable razor.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Other than the shower part, same. Never felt a need for anything more than some warm water and a reasonably sharp disposable razor.
I use the shower for the warm water : p

I also have been using a Gillette mach3 or whatever that they sent me when I graduated high school. So, for about 13 years. Fortunately the replacement blades aren't too expensive.... Not that they're really cheap...

ScrapHeap

Smash Cadet
If I may...

Holy crap 2595 pages where the hell have I bee-I mean, has anyone else had experiences with cuts using razors? It's kinda painful and bleeding with shaving cream on your face isn't fun.

EDIT: Or any other sharp objects?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
ScrapHeap ScrapHeap Dip a free hand in the running water and then wash the wounds off, then put pressure on them with your fingers. Rinse, repeat. Do that until the flow of blood slows down enough that it's not an issue anymore or until it's stopped entirely; it's down to preference. It works for me, personally, but your mileage may vary as compared to my own.
wait there exist people that don't use electric razors

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
**** all that jazz if this veet cream he's talkin bout leaves me smooth without any razors i'm sold for life

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Electric razor > manual razors

Git gud at new tech scrubs
I don't doubt that an electric razor is better, and I don't believe any of us claimed anything to the contrary. I've just never needed one and disposable ones are super cheap.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
my only experience with electric razors is with my rotary shaver and I ****ing hate it; if I let my hair get too long it's too painful to use.

Bleck

Smash Master
I want to try an electric razor but they're really expensive compared to regular razors =(
if you compare an electric razor to how often you're supposed to replace disposable razors, the electric razor is the more economical investment

D

Deleted member

i wouldn't say that's tmi at all. i think that's p helful advice. i'm not really satisfied with the results i get, too many ingrowns. would you suggest what you're doin might help meowt?

ETA: also everything i've looked up on the matter has suggested exfoliating at some point, but all the guides conflict. some say do it immediately before or after or daily or never, and none of them say what you're supposed to use to exfoliate. and the whole with or against the grain thing. idk i'm kinda rambling at this point.
Sugaring is pretty bae tbh

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
A skilled License-less Rider could beat any Superman.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
My experience with electric razors amounts to spending more time shaving than with disposable ones
I still have it as a backup though if I ever forget to buy some

ScrapHeap

Smash Cadet
Hey, uh, completely off-topic, but is there a way to change the name seen on youtube without Google going full-******?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
>tfw I dont shave and i havnt shaved in over a year

baby_face_forever.jpeg

EDIT:

sonic advance 3 100% TAS just showed up

aaaaa i gotta watch this asap

Last edited:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I haven't had particularly good experiences with electric razors (I own one but don't use it anymore). They take forever in my experience and the shave isn't as clean, so I just prefer to stick with a regular razor + disposable heads. That's just for my face, though, my body hair grows back too quickly for it to be worth it. I use some Iranian hair removal cream that my Mum has a **** ton of for my upper body where you just apply it for 10 mins and it all comes off, and I just go and get my lower half professionally waxed. It takes like 3 weeks to grow back after a wax, which is amazing.

Obviously, the dream is to just get permanent hair removal because body hair is gross and regular hair removal is a pain in the ass, but that's a long term goal.

Tinker, if you have ingrown hairs the solution is to just exfoliate, it makes a world of difference and it also helps to clean up your skin. I dunno when exactly you're 'supposed' to do it but I just scrub my face before shaving and it seems to work out fine.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
"We" or did you mean "I""?
look, man, we need to see your boots.
i used an electric razor once for a few months back in the day. it sucked, i stopped using it. i'd like to get a straight razor and feel like a badass, but that would also entail changing my shave routine and stuff. and buying a straight razor and the other stuff for it (cup, soap, brush, etc...)

Muscle_Senpai

Smash Apprentice
Some people aren't as fortunate. If I shave too often I get bumps on my face, even worse for some reason whenever I've used electric.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Player -0

Smash Hero
Artistic Liberties... Yeah, that's the word.

Professor Gravy Professor Gravy
upload_2015-12-22_12-35-29.png

Bleck Bleck
upload_2015-12-22_12-56-57.png

PlateProp PlateProp
upload_2015-12-22_13-31-54.png

fug. Video drivers blopped while messing with Bleck's and now PowerPoint is trying to recover it. It was turning out pretty nicely too.

I'll edit in other people's later mayb.

Edit - yay. PowerPoint doesn't have the recovery of 64 Link. Bleck's hat is really fluffy/doesn't stay on well though lol. Also I missed a part that should've also gone over the santa hat but oops.

Double Edit - Added PlateProp's. Gravy's is kinda simple relative but oops.

Oh baby a triple - Wait no, I messed up the border for Bleck's. There's a tiny piece chilling above the border. help. I'm dying.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
the megalo step chart itself is super easy but **** all that nonsense.

its like CHAOS returns 2015 arcade edition.

(to those that dont know about how ****ing stupid CHAOS is)

1 MILLION ****ING STOPS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spider Dance looks prerri dank tho
I've never played chaos but after looking at it once I think I've got the stops down.

Outside of the stops, as you've mentioned it's a pretty simple song.

I think the song that is currently ridiculous is paranoia revolution.

Valkyrie Dimension is dumb af too but im not linking that ****.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I've never played chaos but after looking at it once I think I've got the stops down.

Outside of the stops, as you've mentioned it's a pretty simple song.

I think the song that is currently ridiculous is paranoia revolution.

Valkyrie Dimension is dumb af too but im not linking that ****.

omg that looks like fun

but this is coming from a guy that LOVES MAX. (Period)

and PSMO.

And songs of that nature.

Top Bottom