• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
As someone who takes care of his hygiene on his own, you can never have too much in the way of bath/shower supplies. Never.
I worked at the call centre for a french cosmetics company, and after getting two people employed from one of their recruitment programs I was allowed a free 100$ order of any of their products at employee pricing (75% off).

I have so many soaps and shampoos and creams and crap now holy ****

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i'd like some nice razors shairn hook me up.

these legs ain't smooth on their own i tell you what.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
sometimes I like to think about what pm would be like if it was a vs game where you could call in assists

mainly because I think calling in a wizard foot assist would be cool

also given the whole "pm isn't a solo main game" thing it would be a good/functional way to see team variety idk

Player -0

Smash Hero
That would be so cool. Got spacies assists with like, lasers flooding one area.

They could be humorous too, just have Puff's Bair float out and its Hitbox is huge.

Also something else but I forgot.

Also blame spell check for rnaodmly capitalized wofds

I'm lazy fight now

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
JFC i went ahead and did the el gato update last night, and WOW, not only did it not even work, it literally killed half the USB ports on my computer

and as if that wasn't bad enough, when i reinstalled EVERYTHING, i DL'd the capture software again and guess what? The drivers for that version don't even work, its so ****ing dumb

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I just had to talk about Saitama vs Superman with a friend.

I want this discussion to die.
superman has at least one weakness b/c comic artists need a plot device from time to time, saitama's thing is literally that he has no weaknesses w/ all of the strengths, because OPM is based in comedy more than drama

"WHAT WOULD WIN, THIS TANK OR A NUKE" uh mate one of those might be a big larger in scale-- "THE TANK IS DURABLE THIS MEANS IT'S EVEN"

Bleck

Smash Master
fun fact; a higher probability of a person asking "who would win in a fight" almost directly negatively correlates with how likely it is that the person asking could win a fight

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
fun fact; a higher probability of a person asking "who would win in a fight" almost directly negatively correlates with how likely it is that the person asking could win a fight
never underestimate misunderstood white kids with access to firearms

ok I'm sorry that joke was too edgy for me I might as well turm this into an actual post

Daigo donating his funds to Evo Scholarship fund continues to prove why he is IRL Ryu.
something something crippling alcoholism all he needs is beer

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
the megalo step chart itself is super easy but **** all that nonsense.

its like CHAOS returns 2015 arcade edition.

(to those that dont know about how ****ing stupid CHAOS is)

1 MILLION ****ING STOPS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spider Dance looks prerri dank tho

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
the megalo step chart itself is super easy but **** all that nonsense.

its like CHAOS returns 2015 arcade edition.

(to those that dont know about how ****ing stupid CHAOS is)

1 MILLION ****ING STOPS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Spider Dance looks prerri dank tho
I always thought Pluto relinquish (or even just regular Pluto) was harder than CHAOS but that might just be me because I've always sucked at high object densities.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I always thought Pluto relinquish (or even just regular Pluto) was harder than CHAOS but that might just be me because I've always sucked at high object densities.
God damn Pluto is dank af. 2MB is amazing as always.

Pluto is like a modern version of bag. from Extreme but you can't cheat by placing speed modifier to 5x and playing it like a baby heavy difficulty song.

High density songs have the luxury of having consistent pacing most of the time so it's easy to learn than **** like chaos imo.

Chaos robs you of your money because by the time you learn the stops for one part you fail the next and have to learn that too. But once you learn the stops the song is pathetic.

High density low bpm songs stay somewhat challenging because it's an cluster **** to read no matter what.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So I realized how absolutely futile most slice-of-life manganimes are.
5 minutes in and I'm li--

The things that make the good ones good are 1. good comedy 2. good characters, not just with reasonable motivations, but with long-term goals, desires, fears, or purposes that fall within the show and create tension and excitement.
The very best shows have good comedy arising from good characters interacting in believable ways.
Which is why Nichijou, for example, or Achi Kochi, or It's Not My Fault, are so gosh darn golly geez whiz good.
Things like Osomatsu-san and Tic-nee-san are more on the comedy side of things, but still good.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Supes wins everything, period, the end. There's no argument.
Nah because he's not a One Punch Man

Superman would honestly be destroyed by saitama. We're talking about a man who can destroy miles of mountain range just from the wind pressure of him punching, and not even making contact with anything.

It's exactly like shairn said about putting a tank up against a nuke because it's "durable"

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
God damn Pluto is dank af. 2MB is amazing as always.

Pluto is like a modern version of bag. from Extreme but you can't cheat by placing speed modifier to 5x and playing it like a baby heavy difficulty song.

High density songs have the luxury of having consistent pacing most of the time so it's easy to learn than **** like chaos imo.

Chaos robs you of your money because by the time you learn the stops for one part you fail the next and have to learn that too. But once you learn the stops the song is pathetic.

High density low bpm songs stay somewhat challenging because it's an cluster **** to read no matter what.
I'm probably a special case because the first rhythm game I ever really got into was KSM and the scroll speed in that game is idiotically high.
The first time I played CHAOS I got most of the way through just by reacting to the stops until I misread and almost died irl

MLGF

Smash Lord
Friends don't let friends play Xenoblade X
I've lost about four days of my life.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Nah because he's not a One Punch Man

Superman would honestly be destroyed by saitama. We're talking about a man who can destroy miles of mountain range just from the wind pressure of him punching, and not even making contact with anything.

It's exactly like shairn said about putting a tank up against a nuke because it's "durable"
Superman has hair
/checkmate

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
GUYS

GUYSGUYSGUYSGUYSGUYS

SPACE X DID THE THING
THE INCREDIBLY HARD THING THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT WAS WAY TOO HARD TO ACTUALLY BE FEASIBLY POSSIBLE TO DO

start watching for the landing at around 40 minutes but watch the full broadcast for more spacex info/advertising

ie spacex successfully launched a satellite into orbit WHILE recovering the first stage of the rocket intact. not only is this an impressive feat in and of itself, the fact that they can do it indicates that commercial space cargo carrying can now possibly be done for much cheaper, leading to increased viability of using the ISS, increased private cargo partnerships with nasa, and increased extraplanetary research
tl;dr engineering is incredible and the possibility just got greater that I might get to go to mars

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
So, it turns out that this game is amazing as it automatically creates replays of all your online matches which I didn't think of at all

Some notes:

*I blue screened 4 times trying to record the first 2 sets, starting at the third one I switched the encoder to h.264 on my cpu instead of the one on my gpu. As a result the rest of the video looks different(probably for the best). I also tripled the volume in case it was too low after that point, didn't feel like rerecording because I spent an hour already trying to record the same thing
*9:17 (The third set) I feel like was our best match, but I felt like I was doing my current best at 18:29
*Second set I fell for too many counters. In general I probably press too many buttons and should slow down a bit to be more thoughtful of stuff. I ended up mostly punishing his combo strings as he'd almost always end with a counter which I stopped falling for after the second set.
*I probably needed to DP more... sometimes when going for a stun edge I get a DP, and when I go for a DP they either aren't in range or I don't input it correctly. FeelsBadMan. Also failed to mixup stuff when he was knocked down, I only used enhanced stun edge with maybe a grinder. I think a j.S is a good crossup tool? Not sure
- Don't mash. I understand it's a habit that people pick up on from playing online because if the connection is shoddy, inputs can drop, so they press it one more time to make sure the game "registered" the move. It's still something I too need to break out of, especially offline. GG has a buffer system that makes combos easier to perform: even if you cancel into a move too early, the game will still register the input, and will execute the move on the first possible frame it can be done. Mashing on RC would cause you to lose more meter than you otherwise would have, and you don't want that.

- Ky's DP is not as good as Sol's. Vapor Thrust is great when people are right on top of you or above you, but as an anti-air, 6P and 2H are better because they lead to an air combo. It's also easier to react to jumps with those moves, because you're not always going to have time to input a DP (eg. they airdash over your Stun Edge). It's easily crouched under and safe jumped because of its long startup, and since you can't RC it if you miss, it's risky as a reversal despite the invincibility. Lastly, try to clean up your inputs so Vapor Thrust doesn't come out when you want to do Stun Edge. If you're holding forward as you do a Stun Edge, you get the DP every time, so remember to return to neutral.

- You should learn some basic chain combos. There were a lot times where the Leo player did something really unsafe (eg. you blocked his air dive), and you either didn't punish him for it or didn't punish hard enough. Knowing combos is a necessity for these types of games. Landing hits is all good and gravy, but if you're not converting them into damage, you're not going to get people scared, and they'll be more likely to disrespect and do stupidly unsafe stuff because there's no risk. Head to training mode and learn some simple bread and butters: reliable combos you can land on every character in the game that you can fall back to when you land a hit. I don't play Ky, I just found two basic ones I found in training mode:

• 5K > c.S > f.S > 2S xx Stun Dipper - Basic combo that works anywhere and ends in a knockdown.
  • c.S > 2S > 5H > 2D xx Split Ciel. Punish combo. This is great because it immediately sets up a grinder while the opponent gets knocked down, which gives you enough time shoot a Charged Stun Edge through it. The opponent is forced to block it as soon as they get up, allowing you to freely run in and start pressure.

- If you land a hit but you aren't sure how to follow it up, just chain into 2D sweep. You didn't land big damage, but at least you got a knockdown out of it.

- Don't set up Grinders with Dust. Ky sets them up faster with Split Ciel.

- I don't think I saw any throws in all those games. Throws are obscenely good in Guilty Gear because they have literally no start up - they activate instantly. If someone does something that leaves them even the tiniest bit unsafe and they're in range, you can throw them, even on your wakeup. Leo's counter can be thrown. If the Leo player is being too counter happy, you can call it out by walking up to him and chucking him.

- If someone is blocking that charged Stun Edge or the powered up one, don't back off, go in. You have advantage.

I'd would ask to see the other matches, but I didn't know whether it was some super good players destroying you, and it's kinda hard to learn from that when you're new.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I use veet hair remover and a simple mach 3. =x TMI Mondays
i wouldn't say that's tmi at all. i think that's p helful advice. i'm not really satisfied with the results i get, too many ingrowns. would you suggest what you're doin might help meowt?

ETA: also everything i've looked up on the matter has suggested exfoliating at some point, but all the guides conflict. some say do it immediately before or after or daily or never, and none of them say what you're supposed to use to exfoliate. and the whole with or against the grain thing. idk i'm kinda rambling at this point.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i wouldn't say that's tmi at all. i think that's p helful advice. i'm not really satisfied with the results i get, too many ingrowns. would you suggest what you're doin might help meowt?

ETA: also everything i've looked up on the matter has suggested exfoliating at some point, but all the guides conflict. some say do it immediately before or after or daily or never, and none of them say what you're supposed to use to exfoliate. and the whole with or against the grain thing. idk i'm kinda rambling at this point.
For general shaving, I always go with the grain first, to clear a lot of the excess, then against the grain for the final sweeps to get smoothed out.

Not sure how well that works for legs, I haven:t bothered shaving mine for a real long while ;x

Per exfoliating, I'd imagine you'd want to do it soon after shaving, otherwise hair growth would render it less than effective (or pointless). How soon probably depends on how sensitive your skin is. The bigger a baby it is, the more you should wait, with the maximum wait time depending on how fast your hair grows.

For what to use, you can find scrubs that are just for exfoliating. Avoid microbead crap, as its terrible for the environment. It's not usually a soap, though, so you'll have to do that separately (unless you find an exfoliating soap. I know they exist, just not too common and they tend to be rather rough, since you usually use them to heavy duty wash grease and dirt off.)

Top Bottom