• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
>tfw I hear through a grapevine that Tails will be announced in the direct.

[Sweating intensifies]

Oh god if that happens I'll HAVE to play smash 4 competitively.

I only play it casually because of Megaman.

Tails would be too much to resist.
Don't tease me bro.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
that was a joke about tails being in smash

the sonic fanbase is widely known and lampooned for its propensity towards rule 34 art with beastiality themes

sonicfox is the world's best mortal kombat x player

who also happens to be a furry

That joke is too meta for those who arent deep in the FGC like us.

Don't tease me bro.
Dude. I wouldnt do this to myself for ****s and giggles.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
talking about the way the game was developed.

a game by *player of genre* for *players of genre* and is largely ignored by *players of genre* despite having loads of potential.
yeah ok nvm then that's exactly what I was about to ask but couldn't word it well lol

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Just about every character in Skullgirls has what is at least a compelling story to tell, but hey, T&A matters more...right?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I wanted to like Skullgirls but the fan service was way too much for me.

Grey Belnades Grey Belnades
I bet Vinnie Mac is still spreading hot glue in his pants from putting over his bbygurl Roman Reigns.
I don't even have a reaction image that sums up Vince's nor my own feelings right now.

This is the start of history in the making though.

Von Erichs vs. the Freebirds?
The 11 year dominance of Bruno Sammartino?
Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Attitude Era?

Move over cause this is the beginning of the Really Really Strong Era.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
i'm absolutely in love w/ squigly. so many options! today i was drilling some corner stuff trying to find optimal punishes off of grab in the corner. instead i found out that if i throw into a corner, stance cancel the grab and duck, then immediately use her projectile super, i can do this swag combo and feel awesome about myself.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Worry is like the worst feeling in the world. I should be feeling happy that holidays are coming up, family getting together and whatnot. But then it dawns on me that life is passing by very quickly, and my uncertainty of what the next coming year will bring kinda makes me wanna stay in 2015. These thoughts are looming in the back of my mind and clouding my view of everything currently.

The end of year is like August to me right now. It's hard to enjoy yourself when you know in the back of your mind you'll have to take care of a ton of **** when playtime's over.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Vashimus Vashimus That you'll have to attend to your responsibilities soon is all the more reason to enjoy what time you do have to relax. Also, you can't not feel things in the first place, but you can keep negative emotions from getting you down if you have enough force of will to do so and/or if you channel those urges in constructive ways. In any case, if there's any real advice that I could ever have for you, it's that acceptance of the facts that time flies/how bad tomorrow's problems will be is unknown today comes far easier when one is content with some things to balance out all the crap with which they cannot tolerate(which is often tough), and also when they leave future issues to their future selves.

tl;dr: Don't stress the future, savor the now.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Anyway know a way to see if my laptops can run Ultra? Not too informed when it comes to specs.

I get maybe not being interested in the fan service, but why would it bother you if that's the case

It just does. I don't know. I may need Sigmund Freud to rise from the grave and diagnose me. Better yet, I should ask my Mexican Spider subconscious about that.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I get maybe not being interested in the fan service, but why would it bother you if that's the case
Sometimes glaringly obvious fanservice makes me not want to watch/play something
I understand OMG's sentiment here, and agree with it
it's possible to dislike something for having 5 pantieshots a minute and boobs that are 3x larger than normally possible, jiggling everywhere
not saying SG's like that, I've never played it, but it can get to be too much

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
to each their own I guess, but that still doesn't help me understand it at all
if I am to guess that that is because you don't understand why either, shouldn't you seek to do so?
or are there people who also don't want to understand themselves and don't care why they don't want to

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
or are there people who also don't want to understand themselves and don't care why they don't want to
Yes; that's most of our species, and it would behoove you to refrain from prying, especially since you (seem to) have a pretty accurate idea of why they aren't keen on being psychoanalyzed.

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I played skull girls a couple times, pretty good game imo, but something about it kept me from getting hooked like I have other fighters. Chair guy though, might just do it for me.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
you know I should really just stop trying to play random anime games that aren't melty blood and stop shopping for a console so I can learn marvel and just play skullgirls instead because it's the perfect combination of both

(except it's a six button fighter and I get overwhelmed by that many buttons)

Fortress

Smash Master
you know I should really just stop trying to play random anime games that aren't melty blood and stop shopping for a console so I can learn marvel and just play skullgirls instead because it's the perfect combination of both

(except it's a six button fighter and I get overwhelmed by that many buttons)
I promise that if a fraud like me can be decent at SF, then you can probably be even better.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Had a phone interview for my first potential internship

Think I choked the whole freaking thing, but they said they'd put me on the next phase of the interview.
I need to learn how to not sound nervous when I am, ugh.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
All my game plan in 3s boils down to sweep/overhead mixup with me reading jumps and applying pressure by doing nothing.

It's extremely exciting. You get to see me win neutral like 15 times then 50/50 mixup people to death. Then die to 2 combos.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The difference between skullgirls and roa is that skullgirls is filled with deep, beautifully animated characters filled with charm and presented in an interesting world, intricate story, amazing music direction. It also has a top notch ballance team (although it took a long time for it to get there, shoutouts to early sg where it was mvc3 with boobs) and amazing systems.

Rivals is fun but it still feels and looks like a smash clone built in flash. I know it's still in beta but it doesn't have any charm, some characters aren't animated that well still, etc. A nice story and music design will probably come once full game is out but it will probably come all at once and not build on itself like sgs did.

I guess it's similar in that they both get ignored, but skullgirls is the without a doubt the best team based fighter, arguably one of the best fighters ever, and rivals is a flash looking smash game still in baby steps of development

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Have you guys seen the alpha versions of skullgirls?

SG when it was only Fillia and Cerabella is ****ing space years away from what the game is now. Even RoA now looks more polished then the earlier versions of SG.

SG has been polished ridiculously well through Mike Z and the community so trying to make any type of comparison between SG and RoA is a bit silly.

Granted SG does have the better universe and setting but that's because o_8 already had the world and universe of SG basically fairly developed even before he met Mike Z.

Top Bottom