• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Not even yuri ****posting I can't believe you guys, new low.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
this is how we all bond together, friends

meiling was right, everyone's tryina cuddle

Last edited:

Fortress

Smash Master
Elsword?
Something something triggered
I think it's just because the only clip I can remember was showing off the exploration outside of combat. Just the whole 2.5d thing, I think. I should've mentioned that I didn't mean the actual fighting.

Not even yuri ****posting I can't believe you guys, new low.

K-On! or K-Dan, whatever, no need to be picky.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Every O being the smash logo pisses me off
I think it just in general pisses me off. The rebranding? Like, come on, that's the least respectful thing you could do in any given situation ever, holy crap. It'll never catch on like that, on the bright side. I really hope not, anyways. God, that's so disgusting.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I think it just in general pisses me off. The rebranding? Like, come on, that's the least respectful thing you could do in any given situation ever, holy crap.
I don't mind the rebranding as I'd rather they stay as far away as possible. But Evolution? That's the subtitle they came up with? And they thought they were clever by "stylizing" the Os? What is this, middle school?

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Never posted here before...

So out of the four, Sami the most enjoyable character to play as for me. I love her play style! Especially since it similar to Snake's. (Figured) Her side b is so broken though. :laugh: Now if only we can legitimately get an Advance Wars rep...

And yeah, serious shame about the PM team disbanding all of a sudden. Hope we can learn the while story soon.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer

personally, i think the random arrow really draws attention away from the stylized O's.

Fortress

Smash Master
I don't mind the rebranding as I'd rather they stay as far away as possible. But Evolution? That's the subtitle they came up with? And they thought they were clever by "stylizing" the Os? What is this, middle school?
Well, the newest members of the dev team.

[spoilers=#Evolution #Wait that's a tournament #**** #**** I forgot how to add spoiler tags]
[/spoilers]

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'm behind enemy lines.

I'm watching the NewPMDT aka SSBEvo try to reason that what they're doing is beneficial to the PM community.
"We're just finishing what the PMDT started."
"We can just rebrand ourselves as something different, despite using 90% of the PMDT's work."
"If Strong Bad really wanted me to stop, he would've messaged me."
"All we're doing is applying a bugfix.... Maybe we'll add Ridley and Isaac at some point down the line."
"We got 2000 subs in a DAY. Clearly the entire PM community is ready to move forward with us."
"People are humiliating Strong Bad fora single instance of flawed logic, we HAVE to be justified."
"I read Mewtwo2000's post. I'm really looking forward to continuing this amazing project!"
"Watch out PMDT, there's a new sheriff in town xD"
"Now if only we could get a nude Lyn" <--------------- not ****ing joking
I'm all for a bugfix for 3.6 and getting to play as Knuckles, but most of that sounds like complete horse ****. I can only hope it's not accurate to their intentions.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero

So out of the four, Sami the most enjoyable character to play as for me. I love her play style! Especially since it similar to Snake's. (Figured) Her side b is so broken though. :laugh: Now if only we can legitimately get an Advance Wars rep...

And yeah, serious shame about the PM team disbanding all of a sudden. Hope we can learn the while story soon.
Sami? She's not in pm

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
oh, I see, sami as in plural samus. she is pretty similar to snake, what with projectiles, crawl, legs, arms, a head, a torso, and being in project m

Fortress

Smash Master
oh, I see, sami as in plural samus. she is pretty similar to snake, what with projectiles, crawl, legs, arms, a head, a torso, and being in project m
That's actually not the first time I've heard her referred to by that nickname. I thought it was a northwestern thing.

re: Oh, he did mention Advance Wars. Didn't even see that. Just saw 'Sami', 'side-B', and 'Snake'.

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace

Thats cool. None of the unreleased characters are going to be considered "official characters" for use in tournament play. However no one can stop you from playing it on your own/with friends.

Long story short, they were probably going to get sued.

Definitely don't blame them for stopping.

Fortress

Smash Master
Find me in the Alps, 'Evolution' is real. 1.0 Roster is Ridley, Goku, Sword Ganondorf, Geno, Lloyd, Shaq, Steven Universe, and Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
is this thread ever gonna go back to the way it was, its becoming incredibly awful even for me lmao

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Like seriously I skimmed through a few pages half these nerds I don't even recognize lool

Y'all suck lets talk about anime moms

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
https://www.reddit.com/r/NewPMDT/comments/3v7wbt/please_read_until_everything_settles_down_this/

Based as ****. They're taking over development to compile all the builds, balance, finish development, and release a definitive build of the game.

I TOLD you guys development would continue and that it would rise again. It just happened a lot sooner.

The dream will never die!!
You know..except for the part where they are putting themselves and others at major risk out of pure selfishness.

I'll just quote strong bads post on the front page:

"Even with our own development halted any continuation of the project by new developers could jeopardize that good standing not only for ourselves, but for them as well, and we don’t want that for either party."

D

Deleted member

Well, too late now.

Torrents of the current "definitive build" have been compiled all over the web.

Even if you convince upstarting devs to drop it, the fans still have it, and indie modders have access to the source code. No point crying over spilt milk, might as well just enjoy the ride, and do what you can.

Nintendo would have to shut down the entire modding community, and afaik, I'm pretty sure they already lost that case years ago.

On a side note, I heard Nanobuds is absolutely livid and causeing a lot of **** in the BR over the 4chan leakers. He's ready to kill someone apparently.

Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-55-33.jpeg

Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-57-54.jpeg
Screenshot_2015-12-03-10-58-28.jpeg

Methinks this has something to do with future projects part of the dev team wanted to undertake.

Last edited by a moderator:

SunJester

Smash Ace
Please stop.

We're all hurting, it sucks a lot. Lets just take 3.6, and do what we can with it.

Its not worth it dude, its just not. Lets just play what we have.

Fortress

Smash Master
Methinks you're children that don't care or know about what kind of **** you could get actual developers into just to get Hank Hill into PM.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
but blatantly putting others in danger so you can have a horridly busted red echidna is based

if you mean, like, the pre-lil b definition when it was an insult

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
good god, I just want the few near complete things that can be salvaged to be released and finalized by the community to an acceptable degree.

good god, I'm terrified of how this will divide things even more.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Is there a way to remove all lurkers and non regulars thatll start posting a ton of **** once something major happens, keep my poor little thread alone

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
everyone's ******** about random builds / clone chars

I'm just sitting here sad because ike climbers was just two ikes on a team sticking close together with TAS and not actually a double cherry thing

Unpluggedcontroller

Smash Rookie
So about that PM...

You know, maybe 3.6 is our analogue to Melee NTSC 1.2. How about we play that version of PM? I'm game, as soon as I finish setting up Dolphin so I can play whenever I want

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I finally got to play the leak build. It really is bittersweet. Lyn is so good. I really love her dash attack. While I was trying out Knuckles though I noticed something. As I continued to play him, I realized the TRUTH.

THE REAL REASON WHY THE PMDT DISBANDED WAS BECAUSE WWE FOUND OUT THAT KNUCKLES IS LIKE ROMAN REIGNS

Don't believe me? Knuckle's side b on the ground is reminiscent of the Spear, which is a pairing of Roman's finisher. What is it paired with you may ask? The Superman Punch. Knuckle's neutral b is clearly a rendition of Roman's Superman Punch. He also hits like a truck, much like Roman. Both also don't chuckle and they both look really really strong.

Finally look at the visual evidence:

Compare the two. Can you tell them apart? I think not.

TLDR: WWE screwed up again like usual. Ruining something we all cherish. Fudge this company.

depression and bullying nearly got me, but i was like i gotta get 4stock'd in the future so i wont
Fixed my man.

Also superheroes are overrated.
Say that in my dreams nerd.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
https://www.reddit.com/r/NewPMDT/comments/3v95nf/in_response_to_strong_bad_and_the_old_pmdt_as/

"Project M is the spiritual successor to Melee, and Evolution will be the spiritual successor to PM.

• Refine the new characters Knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac. We will play around with the clone engine and maybe add more down the road.
      • Perfectly balance the cast. This is the end goal. 3.6 is great, but far from perfect. We will continue to make sure this is the BEST Smash Bros Experience available.
      • New modes, new codes, new physics, new costumes, new music, new everything. It will be professional and will work perfectly.
      • Establish a scene. "
This current project doesn't look to be the true smash continuum of "PM" if there is one. The PMBR/PMDT were the right people for the job including its foundation/vision. You can't brush over lightly how stellar the team was, especially key members like Magus.

They (or more or less this guy right now taking charge on his project) don't seem to love Melee as their foundation, which was PM's bullet point manifesto. PM got better each version partly because it became more similar to Melee in different facets. Hopes of fixing the few important stuff PM needed to be as solid as Melee, like the physics delay, is grim. Even the aesthetics I felt never were worked in the right way yet to really surpass Melee.

The question now is if 3.6 is enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom