• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If this is final, can someone from the PMDT be an upstanding citizen and eventually leak all of its assets and tools.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There is a void that only the fans can fill. We can do our own creative stuff.

I pray we stay in contact, you guys all do cool stuff IRL. It is inspiring.

Wait, did my FTL run predict this. VOODOO

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
This time without sonic and luigi
I ain't going nowhere.

We've still got @Hylian avatar day coming up on 2/27.
@Binary Clone 's still gotta make everyone christmas avatars.
@Bleck is gonna be doing his thing
And @Meiling is still gonna be down to cuddle with everyone.

I want all of PMS to stick around if you can.

Maybe I'll have netplay by this time next year and you can all show me how much you improved in 3.6 by then.
Not even saying anything about me
SIGH
Back to drawing I guess

SunJester

Smash Ace
you know me you kknow i was always teh person who tried to rally people after horrible things happened.

theres no coming back after this. nintendo has struck this down and its only a matter of time before they bully any to who wants to runit.

pm is dead guys

even the ****ing forums might get blacklisted

thats how dead pm is

thanks so much for inviditng nitendo into the smash community

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

SIGH
Back to drawing I guess
I could of said so many things about everyone.

But that post would probably get me infracted for being too long.

Besides, I know you'll still be here.

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
Wait, **** the UpB cancel dream is dead.
Doc Nair will never be.
BUT AT LEAST MY UPB INTANGIBILITY IS UNTOUCHED,
IT'S TIME TO LEAVE THE SHADOW REALM

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Man. That was certainly out of the blue. But to be honest, I'm both shocked and grateful that a group of people worked on a great game such a this for over half a decade without killing each other (as far as I know). I will continue to keep playing the fruits of the PMdev teams' labor for as long as I'm able to and hope for good fortune for what ever project A,G or whatever letter of the alphabet will replace 'M'.
Also I don't want this thread to go either. Where else am i going to stalk? :(

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master

SIGH
Back to drawing I guess
I love how you draw Fox. I always have trouble with him.

Wow, after all the recent MDVA buzz for this game too.
you know me you kknow i was always teh person who tried to rally people after horrible things happened.

theres no coming back after this. nintendo has struck this down and its only a matter of time before they bully any to who wants to runit.

pm is dead guys

even the ****ing forums might get blacklisted

thats how dead pm is

thanks so much for inviditng nitendo into the smash community
But we are the ones who make PM real. They can't change that. We have Reddit, Discord, Skype, IRC, and more. We can still mod Brawl. We have all the tools with us. PM is the most polished game with the most time and thought more than any other smash game, which all had hasty sloppy developments.

Just keep on keeping on. That's all us rebels have to do.

All that is important to me is that we can all keep being friendly strangers.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Where were you when PMDT disbanded?
i was sat at home on my computer when website ring

"project m is not develop"

"no"

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I like this community a lot even though I wasn't allowed in the cool secret Skype club and I hope we get enough word in advanceif and when the forums are killed to up and move somewhere
you don't want in the skype group though

its litterally where all the gay/waifu talk went, sharing space with spidermad's penis talk

SunJester

Smash Ace
i appreciate the sentiment lizafos.

Its dead itts ****ing dead.

the pmdt were threatened with legal action, doesnt have to be a C+D. who the ****is going to run a national where you can get sued by a multinational corporation

the rest of the smash community wont do **** they wanted to suck nintendos **** for absolutely ****ing nothing, this scene got by for 11 years before they started trying to brownnose nintendo now its gone and killed the only good game in the whole ****ing scene.

smash four is ****ing garabage, its **** its ****ing awful. its slow and boring and has no ineractions that are even half way interesting

melee is ****ing old and boring as ****. the meta hasnt changed in 5 years and the same people who were winning back then are still winning now, its ****ing old and boring and l-cancelling is ****ing ********.

pm was the only chance of having anyhting ****ing decent in ths smash community, but everyone want just wanted to **** ride their own game instead of seeing the only ****ing opertunity for anyhting good in this piece of **** scene

. i remember when i decided to become involved in this scene was during the cancer drive for evo, my mom had brest cancer and it made me happy to donate money to the cause. the smash community was behind its golden child
but again and again no one gives a **** about anything other than melee or the newest turd sakurai has ****ted out

no one gives a **** about pm and no one gives a **** about anyone who isnt playing their game, its ****ing garabge i joined this community on a ****ing lie that there was one driving force. the ony ****ing time anyone gave a **** was during that cancerdrive

now ***** like alex strfe invited nintendo into the community? for what? absolutely ****ing nothing, nintendo has never given us ****ing anything. oh boy you mean D1 gaets to comment tate something? who ****ing cares. they started poking nintendo and then nintendo took notice of pm and shut it the **** down they were squeezing the life out of it while all theise so called "community leaders" just stayed silent on it, thanks for helping us out you ****ing *****. i hope your 10 dollars you made from nintendo was worth selling out a whole part of the community.

next time you talk about community i hope you ****ing choke on your words and die you pieces of ****.

thank you pmdt for making a game that brought me joy over these last few years.

i havent smiled much over those years but your game accounted for most of them.

I really dont think i feel any need to be alive anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

the pmdt were threatened with legal action, doesnt have to be a C+D. who the ****is going to run a national where you can get sued by a multinational corporation

the rest of the smash community wont do **** they wanted to suck nintendos **** for absolutely ****ing nothing, this scene got by for 11 years before they started trying to brownnose nintendo now its gone and killed the only good game in the whole fucing scene.

smash four is ****ing garabage, its **** its ****ing awful. its slow and boring and has no ineractions that are even half way interesting

melee is ****ing old and boring as ****. the meta hasnt changed in 5 years and the same people who were winning back then are still winning now, its ****ing old and boring and l-cancelling is ****ing ********.

pm was the only chance of having anyhting ****ing decent in ths smash community, but everyone want just wanted to dickride their own game instead of seeing the only ****ing opertunity for anyhting good in this piece of **** scene

. i remember when i decided to become involved in this scene was during the cancer drive for evo, my mom had brest cancer and it made me happy to donate money to the cause. the smash community was behind its golden child
but again and again no one gives a **** about anything other than melee or the newest turd sakurai has ****ted out

no one gives a **** about pm and no one gives a **** about anyone who isnt playing their game, its ****ing garabge i joined this community on a ****ing lie that there was one driving force. the ony ****ing time anyone gave a **** was during that cancerdrive

now ***** like alex strfe invited nintendo into the community? for what? absolutely ****ing nothing, nintendo has never given us ****ing anything. oh boy you mean D1 gaets to comment tate something? who ****ing cares. they started poking nintendo and then nintendo took notice of pm and shut it the **** down they were squeezing the life out of it while all theise so called "community leaders" just stayed silent on it, thanks for helping us out you ****ing *****. i hope your 10 dollars you made from nintendo was worth selling out a whole part of the community.

next time you talk about community i hope you ****ing choke on your words and die you pieces of ****.

Woah, dude, take it easy. Just because development stopped doesn't mean PM is dead, and taking your anger and frustration out on the other community isn't going to help.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
yeah no, you don't just take down an entire site with no warning and have it be from someone just deciding it'd be a good idea

note all half-answers. "we weren't C&D'd" does not mean "we weren't at the very least heavily suggested something legally"

CyberZixx

Smash Lord

the rest of the smash community wont do **** they wanted to suck nintendos **** for absolutely ****ing nothing, this scene got by for 11 years before they started trying to brownnose nintendo now its gone and killed the only good game in the whole fucing scene.

pm was the only chance of having anyhting ****ing decent in ths smash community, but everyone want just wanted to dickride their own game instead of seeing the only ****ing opertunity for anyhting good in this piece of **** scene

It's gonna be OK. Breath. Pm is still playable even if it lacks majors. With locals and netplsy. I can tell you are hurt but try to be calm. And please don't hurt yourself

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'd just like to add, looking back, I was such a shy little kid on here. I just wanna say thanks again, I really did change for the better (as far as my Smashboards conduct goes and whatnot.) For old time's sake, I'm gonna go and quote one of my first ever posts in a PM thread.
I guess that's just the thing. I tend to favor heavyweights/speed characters in racers, and usually their handling, while it's comparatively worse, isn't unbearably difficult unless it's Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. Just the way I go about it, I guess.
Oh man, this was one of my first posts in here. Holy **** man, I remember talking about racers in here ;_;

Bless all y'all, let's never let this thread die.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
This is saddening. Project M is how I bonded with people, and one of my main inspirations for game design, digital painting, animation, and even video editing.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman

Lmao chill dude. Don't mess around and get yourself infracted. Just chill, we'll be alright. PM is far from dead. Development is over, but we as a community are not done here.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman

I'd usually say that taking this out on others isn't gonna help, but bro.

Don't do anything rash and/or stupid. PM was alive, is alive and will stay alive.

As should you.

Talk it over with some peeps here via PM ( 9.9 ) or, hell, even me, though I'd doubt I'll be of much help. Just calm down.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
I really don't know many of the people here that well, and I haven't been here long, but I really have grown to love the community here. While I love this place, I do see this spinning out of control and I'm honestly not sure if the community will stand on its own, but I hope it does. Either way, I'm going to kind of reintegrate myself with the Smash 4 scene, and check the online community here a bit. I'm sure I'll be back, knowing myself and knowing how damned good PM is.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to see you go, PM was easily the best thing to come out of the smash scene, and ultimately one of the most impressive and complete Mod projects ever made. Congratulations on what you all, as a team, managed to build; I sincerely hope this game stands as an example of everything a community can and should aspire to create for itself in future titles. It's unfortunate how rough a road it has been for this game and the wonderful people behind it (development or otherwise, Brawl was a terrible and unforgiving platform), you deserved better, the whole PM community did as well. It's especially saddening to see this happen at such a pivotal time in PM, the game was just starting to really come around. Legal action or otherwise I'm excited to see what kind of content the PM team has in store under a new title, thank you all so much for your time and everything you tried to do for a broader community that still manages to be ungrateful and undeserving of your effort.

A fan from before this game even had name, peace, I'll be playing this game until you or someone else makes something better and look forward to seeing what you come up with to try to top it. In any case I doubt I'll ever stop lurking.
-Amphrites

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
yeah no, you don't just take down an entire site with no warning and have it be from someone just deciding it'd be a good idea

note all half-answers. "we weren't C&D'd" does not mean "we weren't at the very least heavily suggested something legally"
Exactly! And the official download links gone too? Even if you decided to end it wouldn't you keep those around it you wanted the game to survive? It ended so suddenly... why would they hype up the next patch with amazing costumes if they had decided they were going to end it before that point came anyways?

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Oh hey, would you look at this. Another game that I've seemingly enjoyed / played is now dead.

Oh well, looking forward to what comes next from Wavedash Games, and maybe some official wto clarify the situation.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion

Someone on the 4chan thread posted a picture from a deleted /r/SSBPM thread which gave more info. Apparently, Project M had to shut down so some of its devs can continue working on their indie Wavedash game and not get sued for basing it off of prior works.

I hope your ambitions work out, former PMDT. Thanks for making Brawl playable. Don't chicken out and make a Melee clone.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I haven't really been active here recently but goddamn this recent news on PM.

I'm just so sad. ;-;

I might end up being done with Smash now.

Top Bottom