• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
dope. so a combo heavy beat em up basically.

so like Aces Wild?

That looks cool! I should use that for research.
Yeah, combo heavy beat em up but since it's a 2d platformer it won't have that z-axis and there would be much more vertical movement.
A while ago I was checking out some of the must-play arcade beat em ups for inspiration (because of course they were the predecessors to DMC). My favorite would have to be the Alien vs Predator one from Capcom because it allows some really crazy stuff.
It makes me wish Capcom would/could include this Linn character in the fighting games. At most she showed up in the background of a stage in Alpha 2.

Bazkip

Smash Master
n0ne in Winners Finals of TO11 after beating Colbol, DJ Nintendo and Professor Pro
C A N A D A B O Y S

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Anyone know that one set mango commentated where the players didn't notice that it was on normal/time mode rather than stock mode?

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
It warms my heart seeing combo videos for really old games.
The thought that people are still investing time and energy into these relics of the past,
keeping the flickering spark of their existence alive,
it gives me hope.
That when all is said and done.
Through every champion's reign
And every underdog's comeback
The spirit of the game will live on

As never titles relish their fleeting hold on players
with streams and tournaments
And the classics of a bygone era languish
In youtube longplays

The notion that there are a select few
who press on, undaunted
Fills me with hope
That my own efforts
Are not in vain.
That the memories created
And the friends made along the way

Can be made into something
More than just memories

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Tipped Off was wiiiiiiild. So much fun. Sharkz vs Esam was the greatest comeback I have ever seen in any game, not even smash. Shoutouts to TN crew battles

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It warms my heart seeing combo videos for really old games.
The thought that people are still investing time and energy into these relics of the past,
keeping the flickering spark of their existence alive,
it gives me hope.
That when all is said and done.
Through every champion's reign
And every underdog's comeback
The spirit of the game will live on

As never titles relish their fleeting hold on players
with streams and tournaments
And the classics of a bygone era languish
In youtube longplays

The notion that there are a select few
who press on, undaunted
Fills me with hope
That my own efforts
Are not in vain.
That the memories created
And the friends made along the way

Can be made into something
More than just memories

I miss arcades. I skipped out on the grad night of my high school, but now I wish I had gone because my underclassman friend went to his, and he said there was an arcade and he got to play Ghouls 'n Ghosts. I wonder where all those cabinets are kept.
I want to make sure arcade style controllers would work well with my game.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
whelp....7th at a national.....AGAIN.

that's like my 5th national I've got 7th

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Since im not premium and cant change my title, ill post something relevant instead
image.jpg

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Muffet is the pinnacle of our generation in video gaming.

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
I wanna compete at tourneys but there are none near my area (the last one close to my area was very early June) and the closest ones are at least an hour away which my parents are very reluctant to drive to. Netplay's getting really old for me too. What do I do?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Duude... I'm so happy. Top 3 at a national and I beat one of the best players in the game to get there. =D

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
dude hyperflame vs ripple was an intense set oh my god

also ripple's transition from his standard swiss defense neutral to his waddle-based horizontal was impressive
I wanted to see more of the horizontal neutral, as waddles nullify pk freeze as well confirming into grab

also hyperflame's reads into raw ou usmash were impressive

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
dude hyperflame vs ripple was an intense set oh my god

also ripple's transition from his standard swiss defense neutral to his waddle-based horizontal was impressive
I wanted to see more of the horizontal neutral, as waddles nullify pk freeze as well confirming into grab

also hyperflame's reads into raw ou usmash were impressive
Dthrow to Dacus is guaranteed if the opponent DI's away. MD/VA is used to "The Hyperflame" aka Dacus spam lmfao.

Wanted to post a question here. Why are only specific characters given grab to KO confirms regardless of DI?

In 3.02 this phenomena was everywhere, but as we have progressed to 3.6 only the melee characters + :gw: for the most part can still at every percent confirm into a kill move no matter the way the opponent DI's. Why aren't the melee characters given proper scaling mechanics? :diddy:'s Uthrow is an excellent example of proper scaling. :fox: and :gw: are two examples of very bad scaling on their Uthrows.

:018:

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
So, i'm playing in an online BB tournament on saturday. It's my first tournament ever any tips on how to prepare?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Hax made is the subject of a Gaston parody, and I'm in a library without headphones studying for my midterm.
I'm even practicing Linux terminal commands with a file named Gaston.txt

;_;

Edit: Saw the video and love it.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So, i'm playing in an online BB tournament on saturday. It's my first tournament ever any tips on how to prepare?
Dont expect to win, and be okay with potentially going 0-2.

If you do go 0-2; dont let it get to you.

Deep breathing before matches might help and if you're flustered mid game, tough it out and take a breather after the fight.

Aim to do your best and try to stay calm as much as possible.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Any specific tips on how?
Start holding casu(a)l (insert Giantdad.jpg here, huh huh)/free play sessions and try and rally people who are in your scene to show up? Use the social aspect to your advantage? idk
Duude... I'm so happy. Top 3 at a national and I beat one of the best players in the game to get there. =D

So, I'm playing in an online BB tournament on Saturday. It's my first tournament ever any tips on how to prepare?
Play neutral often, but if you see an opportunity to go ham, don't second-guess yourself unless you think you might be getting baited. ...And if you play Tager, be ready to freely wield THE POWER OF SCIENCE

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
Play neutral often, but if you see an opportunity to go ham, don't second-guess yourself unless you think you might be getting baited. ...And if you play Tager, be ready to freely wield THE POWER OF SCIENCE
I play Noel so I'm afraid of someone doing that to me.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
After reading some of the comments on "Battle Against a True Hero" I wanna play Undertale.

Kinda creeping on the comments but not going in deep because spoilers.

A lot of the music really gives the feels though.

Top Bottom