• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I like

Mario - F-Air prioritizing Mario rather than Doc.
Yoshi - Grab is no longer a lingering reminder of the 2.1 TL/Link diabolical-Grab days.
Lucario - Flashes
Link - hitboxes work
Ike - Side-B adjusted to match the rest of the jank from 3.02 > 3.5 transition.
Fox - Up-B land-lag.
Bowser - Stuff
Dedede - Gordos

I don't like

Ivy/Oli - Tether junk unchanged.
Snake - No D-Throw fixing, so still reminiscent of diabolical-Grab stuff.

I love

Samus - Air-to-ground transition bugs fixed.
ICs - Momentum bugs fixed.

Pit... gonna need a look to know what's up.

I like that it's beta too.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
@SpiderMad I did just buy a new one. Now I can actually record.

Also, "super landing lag" is hilarious. I didn't realize that 20 frames of he lands immediately was anything

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
yeeahhh like for all purposes fox's lag got changed from 3 to 7 ie 4 ****ing frames

interested to see how shine changes play out

also can someone more knowledgeable tell me what the ramifications of changing sheik's bthrow are?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Yes it's perfectly usable for tourneys. This is basically the same as any other release but we're just publicly stating we're for sure doing a bugfix patch soon after.
...how soon is soon?
Pm has a weird track record with soon

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
yeeahhh like for all purposes fox's lag got changed from 3 to 7 ie 4 ****ing frames

also can someone more knowledgeable tell me what the ramifications of changing sheik's bthrow are?
di down and way and you don't get ruined anymore

you might get boost grabbed until you're thrown offstage, but you don't have to guess. you have no one but yourself to blame if you're getting upsmashed.

bthrow is ledge positioning/i threw you offstage have fun

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
di down and way and you don't get ruined anymore

you might get boost grabbed until you're thrown offstage, but you don't have to guess. you have no one but yourself to blame if you're getting upsmashed.

bthrow is ledge positioning/i threw you offstage have fun
so pm sheik is now just melee sheik with a worse dthrow? I mean I don't mind it but it seems less interesting

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
i mean because of system mechanics she is already different than melee sheik, but sure.

while i do think it's less interesting that i can't upsmash you or kill you for guessing wrong, i guess i will have to deal with that. : (

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
They finally realized how broken Shine was

Not just because of the shine change but Wario-Man's uncharged waft is literally the old Shine

Time to practice wavewafting

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon

it matters if you hold edge against him and he doesn't go super high above stage (where you can hit him during his special fall anyways), because instead it would be 20 frames.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Sonic's new Side-B animation makes me think of this every time I see it
also he has a gimp leg on his Fair
thanks PMDT

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
@PMDT, is smashville changed, i need my waterfall smashville. Yoshi's island brawl get any changes frmo 3.5->3.6?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Stayed up 'til 5 just comboing computers as Pit and Olimar.

I ****ing love this build.

that being said jfc pmdt give me Oli's old nair back

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
So my friend is hosting a house tourney tomorrow, and so far Westballz, Chillin, Azen, DJ Nintendo, The Moon, Milkman, Eikelmann, Colbol, and Bizzarro are all supposedly coming with the possibility of Armada. This is gonna be a hell of a house tourney rofl

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Good god, everyone feels so good to play as right now. It's like the exact opposite of 3.5 for me. I'm loving it. XD

So happy with 3.6 Sonic, too. Finally, I don't feel like I'm struggling against the game while playing as him. <3

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
So my friend is hosting a house tourney tomorrow, and so far Westballz, Chillin, Azen, DJ Nintendo, The Moon, Milkman, Eikelmann, Colbol, and Bizzarro are all supposedly coming with the possibility of Armada. This is gonna be a hell of a house tourney rofl
What tourney is happening this weekend where you are? I know CEO is happening but it's in Florida and your location says MI.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So 3.6. I have mixed feelings all around. Certain characters feel better (and thankfully one of them is Tink) while others feel worse (for some reason I think Kirby feels off despite no big changes, for some reason I find his run/DD off, no idea why) and others feel the same overall in feel. I wasn't sure on the new announcer and sound affects (mainly sword sounds) but quickly got use to it.

Overall I would say it is a good thing, but some characters still feel off a little bit to me.

Mage.

Smash Cadet
I'm supposed to be playing the game right?

Cuz all I've been doing is just listening to the tank remix. like wtf there's nothing else to do. 11/10 would still play again.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man trying to catch up on 40 plus pages of FE:Fates spoilers on Serene's Forest since people broke the street date in Japan and Hong Kong while itching to play PM 3.6 and get it to work but you left your controller at your friend's place is a huge drag.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Fox nerf salt already tells me this is the best version of PM yet and I haven't even played it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Welp, I'm playing Classic Mode and the game silent froze up when Metal Bowser showed up as the next opponent. It didn't even get to the match. I'm also noticing that the usual intense sound effects from the vs. screen are gone. I can also barely hear Roy for some reason.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Who cares, just start laughing at them like everyone else that didn't become this image is.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
OMFG TINK HAS 4TH TAUNT!

Do an Fsmash then mash the control stick downwards rapidly and he'll cancel the Fsmash with, basically, a new taunt..

So funny.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
OMFG TINK HAS 4TH TAUNT!

Do an Fsmash then mash the control stick downwards rapidly and he'll cancel the Fsmash with, basically, a new taunt..

So funny.
I don't think that's intentional though. The correct input is tapping the up taunt button for about one frame. Toon Link throws some confetti and puts on the Hero's Charm.

Top Bottom