• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Problem: Project M is being cast out of the smash community

it's not a real smash game, but let's take a look at the traits of all of the official smash games:
1. Made by sakurai
2. Made for casuals
3. Balance is not a design priority
4. Primarily party games
5. esports

Because PM is not a member of the smash community anymore, therefore, PM is not a party game. It's designed for competitive play, therefore not for casuals, and because twitch hates it is clearly not esports.

Logically, there's only one place that PM belongs
WE FGC NOW

I mean look at this thread, then look at r/kappa, then look back at this thread, there's not much difference

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Heading to Dallas for the day with my friend. Gonna kick down some doors and shake down some people so they can give her the new license plates she needs.

That, or if they aren't there, then we'll just mess around the city for awhile.

Maybe I'll go bother @ Strong Badam Strong Badam on the non-existent chance I run into him. ¦D

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Heading to Dallas for the day with my friend. Gonna kick down some doors and shake down some people so they can give her the new license plates she needs.

Maybe I'll go bother @ Strong Badam Strong Badam on the non-existent chance I run into him. ¦D
If you head to fx, you can guarantee running into him : p

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

ill be at FX for bowser's revenge

Bazkip

Smash Master
dumb *** teenagers at work lost a set of keys last night, have to go in early and take a door off its hinges just to get to the supplies we need to start the day. Today is starting out ****ty
Are there no extra copies of the keys?

That seems like something that your work should have extra copies of.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
When are female shoulder pads coming back? That **** was hot. In an 80's sort of way.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
1. That's life.
2. Caring about the hurt feelings of names on screens/faceless crowds is truly foolish.
3. Easily done through benevolent deeds for the unfortunate, precisely-aimed violence directed for the unreasonable, and enough wisdom to know the difference between the two.
(and sometimes there isn't any difference; ayyy mercy kills)
Everyone interprets tf differently, such is the appeal of an open-ended tfw.
However, my preferred fw is
  • ༼ - ل͜ - ༽
It carries the hope of the future in the peace heralded by that stoic acceptance of reality.

But, your curious statement reminds me of a prayer.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Our one difference in policy lies in violence for the unreasonable. The essence of charity, which is love, is to be endlessly generous, without exception, for its own sake. Someone being unreasonable does not justify violence against them. Of course, I acknowledge there comes a point where it is beyond reasonable doubt that some person or peoples may be an eminent threat and must be defended against (the extent depending on the degree of their threat) to protect that which is threatened.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Ganon is still amazing, but there's enough people barking up the right trees with him that I think he'll get solved in due time regardless. Gonna try for the road less traveled, and probably break my hands. >.>

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
It carries the hope of the future in the peace heralded by that stoic acceptance of reality.
Ayyy, anti-nihilism~
But, your curious statement reminds me of a prayer. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
That's the Serenity Prayer, ye.
Someone being unreasonable does not justify violence against them.
I do not care about bothering with justifications or any of the philosophical BS that inevitably gets people wasting time on debates/hesitating instead of doing something about their problems. Results are the end-all be-all.
...Moral quandaries are for casuls
In case it wasn't blaringly obvious, I catch feelings about stuff in this context pretty easily, lel
Lolicon ****. Enjoy your fetish pandering

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I love the way shine lets spacies have free pressure/gtfo/whatever options
I can't get mad over shine. I think it's a cool move. Spacies are cool. Having such a great option means you can kind of know spacy players are going to use it all the time so it becomes predictable. You know they're going to nair/dair-shine your shield so just learn the timing, spot the double shines, wavedash away or whatever better option you might have that beats their jumpsquat. Sure, it's objectively better than all other characters' options, but I don't think it's problematic. If Fox had a slightly worse recovery I think he'd be just fine.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I can't get mad over shine. I think it's a cool move. Spacies are cool. Having such a great option means you can kind of know spacy players are going to use it all the time so it becomes predictable. You know they're going to nair/dair-shine your shield so just learn the timing, spot the double shines, wavedash away or whatever better option you might have that beats their jumpsquat. Sure, it's objectively better than all other characters' options, but I don't think it's problematic. If Fox had a slightly worse recovery I think he'd be just fine.
I'm not mad at shine

I just really think it's dumb that Fox exists mostly as is in an environment where everyone isint supposed to be balanced to him anymore

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
@ Sapphire Dragon Sapphire Dragon

I saw you there, cuddle buddy. Nice to see you. <3
Nice to see you, too. ^^

How's everyone been? I've just been assimilated into the dangerously real-like world of "real-life", with its weird "nine to five" structure along with learning just how deep one can go into the IOU hole of Dragon Cave.

What about you?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
One of my melee friends was playing brawl with his non-smasher bae for funs, when she left he played pm but only had 3.02. Thinks he's a pit god again and wants to 3.02 MM >.>
don't know if I should go for it, 3.02 diddy played with a better 3.5 playstyle sounds pretty tempting, can't wait to upthrow >dair> falling nair, banana agt stalling, banana copter, and sh fair wl again

OH MY GOD HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S GETTING INTO. FOOTSTOOL TIME.
this will be worth putting a temporary hold on my smash break. Most of my wrist pains is comming from sitting behind a computer for too long anyway.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
for some reason Japanese players are awful at Splatoon

also, Splatoon feels like TF2 - a great objective based shooter, where I somehow always get the moron teammates who can't seem to figure out that getting a lot of kills isn't going to win them the game

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
for some reason Japanese players are awful at Splatoon

also, Splatoon feels like TF2 - a great objective based shooter, where I somehow always get the moron teammates who can't seem to figure out that getting a lot of kills isn't going to win them the game
There have been a few good ones I've seen.

Not alot, but there are some.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
roller is the 2001 melee link of splatoon, don't use it unless you want to be laughed at a year from now

also everyone got mad at zero again because he pointed out how silly some custom moves get. I'm starting to wonder if ssb4's playerbase has an ego problem, everyone likes to pretend they're as good as zero but then none of them can ever be bothered to improve to his level

Top Bottom