• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yeah, sometimes I really do want to RP out a fun, rule/moral bound campaign

but then you can just go **** it, lets abuse mechanics and pass it off with some silly flavor. NPCs are just treasure chests you haven't opened yet
I mean, I roleplayed a **** ton. My character was so ****ing fun. RP was my favorite part.

My multi classing was all part of my character development. I was actually childhood friends with some dudes on the opposing PC team. I did drugs. I had Pokemon battles with my druid friend for money. I had an odd obsession with being paid in vegetables. I was into S&M and had kinky fantasies about the evil and tyrannical Queen. I used magic to write on people's faces. My catch phrase was "Centipede!"

I was totally insane, it was great.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I was always curious about DnD but never really got the chance to really get into it. One time I got a beginner set of it or something but didn't really go anywhere with it. Don't even know if I still have it lol.

Anyone here ever heard of Heroscape though? I look at it as Fire Emblem on steroids tabletop edition rofl. **** was fun. But it requires A LOT of room.

^That is just one example of how big it can get.

Is ton of fun. I miss playing it. ;-;

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
I was always curious about DnD but never really got the chance to really get into it. One time I got a beginner set of it or something but didn't really go anywhere with it. Don't even know if I still have it lol.

Anyone here ever heard of Heroscape though? I look at it as Fire Emblem on steroids tabletop edition rofl. **** was fun. But it requires A LOT of room.

^That is just one example of how big it can get.

Is ton of fun. I miss playing it. ;-;
YOOOO HEROSCAPE HYPE!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Hero scape was the ****. I never enjoyed playing it as much as I enjoyed making terrain and colecting/looking at all the cool characters (so many cool story elements). There aren't many games where you could have Sci fi agents team up with vikings to defeat elves and a green dragon

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yo, project m social DnD? i already got my character made, martial arts wizard because **** you thats why

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, the game had a ton of ****ing lore. Like wow, they could have legit made a show or book or something out of it with the amount of lore it had.

And yeah, when I had no one to play it with I would just build my own design with every single piece I had. Built some cool maps, that later got played on too lol.

And oh man the characters. Army men and vikings and sci-fi agents and dragons (fun fact, my user name is actually derived from Mimring) and elve and lizard men and were-wolves and robots and valkyries and hive-mind monsters (Ne-Gok-Sa was pretty much my fave character from the series lol) and lava guys and monkeys riding dinosaus and so much more.

Its a fantasy dweeb's ultimate dream.

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
YO fidjdclkn smash bosard s you think yall atre exempt NAHHH son i read yall smethime s too yo bc i just name search my **** and i type gallo andis see what yall ****** is saying about me cuz u know ****** sometimes is curuoious son. but yo. i just goottta let yall know talh
****ing boikkoe he pparently like the ***** that speaks for NY or some **** yo. SO boiko u are my ****ing brother yo i love u. man
Always saying nice **** about me i love u bro. Yo boikos enesnesss is for real ****ng boikios nesssssssssss y aya ayyy lamoooo ight so. lemme educate ayal yall ****** rreal quick. first of all i dont post on smash boards cuz im too lazy too but i read yall **** every once in a while. i love yall ******. espp strong bad... ypo yo strong bad
tahnak you for pm strong bad
i lover yu bro u re the ****
ight so some moderator bull**** prob gunna time me out or some **** so just to let ylll know. keep on playing pm. its the best game and yall are the ****in best keep it up PM AL Day mario fireballs blooooop bloooop

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
YO fidjdclkn smash bosard s you think yall atre exempt NAHHH son i read yall smethime s too yo bc i just name search my **** and i type gallo andis see what yall *****s is saying about me cuz u know *****s sometimes is curuoious son. but yo. i just goottta let yall know talh
****ing boikkoe he pparently like the niga that speaks for NY or some **** yo. SO boiko u are my ****ing brother yo i love u. man
Always saying nice **** about me i love u bro. Yo boikos enesnesss is for real ****ng boikios nesssssssssss y aya ayyy lamoooo ight so. lemme educate ayal yall *****s rreal quick. first of all i dont post on smash boards cuz im too lazy too but i read yall **** every once in a while. i love yall *****s. espp strong bad... ypo yo strong bad
ight so some moderator bullshoittt prob gunna time me out or some **** so just to let ylll know. keep on playing pm. its the best game and yall are the fuucccucuuukin best keep it up PM AL Day mario fireballs blooooop bloooop
I don't know what I just read, but I think I like it.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
YO fidjdclkn smash bosard s you think yall atre exempt NAHHH son i read yall smethime s too yo bc i just name search my **** and i type gallo andis see what yall *****s is saying about me cuz u know *****s sometimes is curuoious son. but yo. i just goottta let yall know talh
****ing boikkoe he pparently like the ***** that speaks for NY or some **** yo. SO boiko u are my ****ing brother yo i love u. man
Always saying nice **** about me i love u bro. Yo boikos enesnesss is for real ****ng boikios nesssssssssss y aya ayyy lamoooo ight so. lemme educate ayal yall *****s rreal quick. first of all i dont post on smash boards cuz im too lazy too but i read yall **** every once in a while. i love yall *****s. espp strong bad... ypo yo strong bad
ight so some moderator bull**** prob gunna time me out or some **** so just to let ylll know. keep on playing pm. its the best game and yall are the ****in best keep it up PM AL Day mario fireballs blooooop bloooop
For a second there i thought you were my friend @Alakaslam I think you two would get along

Bleck

Smash Master
Tabletop's really fun if you can find people who are interested in character development and lore and worldbuilding, and is dumb bull**** if you instead get stuck with people who are looking for an excuse to circlejerk about numbers.

I saw bits and pieces of Avengers 2 at work today, but I won't be able to see it until Saturday night.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I just passed on seeing it with smasher friends X_X

Also how do you begin solving this?

Sometimes a mail is sent to the wrong place because it has a ZIP code that looks like a valid and different ZIP code when read upside down. For instance, 68901 and 88111 can be read upside down and they look like a different ZIP code. On the other hand, 32145 and 10801 don't share this problem. What is the probability of a ZIP code number that looks like a valid and different ZIP code when read upside down? Assume all 5-digit numbers are possible ZIP codes.
Dunno if anyone did it but here's the best I can offer

Number of flippable zipcodes - number of flippable identical zipcodes/total number of potential zipcodes

The potential total number of zipcodes would have to be 100,000.
Now, we find the number of zip codes that could be read upside and be the same thing, like 10801.
The only numbers that flip and make a number (usually the same one) are 0, 1, 6, 8, 9.
So the potential total number of zipcodes that could be flipped and still give valid numbers are 5^5, doing that in my head gives me... 125 x 25 = 100 x 25 + 25 x 25 = 2500+625 = 3125
so we have right now, 3125- (identically flippable zip codes)/100,000

[Editor's note- I started doing the multiplications to find indentically flippable codes at this point, but instead I found all the codes that flip to other valid numbers, which ended up serving the same purpose more effectively]
[Editor's note- I am the editor and the author]

Due to the existence of 6 and 9 flipping to each other, things get a little more complicated. If 6 or 9 is in the dead center, we can automatically count the number out because it will always flip to the other one and still be in the same position, guaranteeing the whole thing reads different. So given that, the number of codes like that would be 5x5x2x5x5=1250

Now, for anytime the middle number flips to the same thing (if its a 1, 8, or 0), the first two numbers each have a single digit that it flips to. So we know that once we know what the first and second digits are, EITHER the 4th and 5th digits could be any of the remaining 4 digits and cause the number to flip to something else valid. One of them could be the same, but one has to be different. So looking at the first digit, the last digit has to be anything of the 4 others. To cut out overlap of numbers that have both different 2nd from 4th and 1st from 5th digits (the first half of the upcoming arithmetic accounts for that), we only need to look at the 2nd and 4th numbers being different when the 1st and 5th are the same; therefore, the fifth digit doesn't factor into the possibilities there because it's already accounted for by the first. There's where the upcoming 1 in the arithmetic comes from. So to determine that, we'd do 5x5x3x5x4+5x5x3x4x1= 1500+300=1800.

So now we know that there are 1250 numbers that, regardless of the outer numbers, always flip differently due to the inner number being 6 or 9, and we know that there are 1800 unique numbers, when the inner number ISN'T 6 or 9, still flip to different numbers, we just have to add. That's 3050 out of 100,000 that flip to different, valid codes.

So your probability is 305/10,000, or 61/2000. Your odds are 61:1839, if you cared to know that.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I just passed on seeing it with smasher friends X_X
Nvm, I went and saw it with'em =)
Hero scape was the ****. I never enjoyed playing it as much as I enjoyed making terrain and colecting/looking at all the cool characters (so many cool story elements). There aren't many games where you could have Sci fi agents team up with vikings to defeat elves and a green dragon
As kids: my cousin bought that and we both ended up disliking it. Which was probably from my do'ing somehow, I think I found some exploit or something that made the game dumb (in our understanding of the rules). Or I just found it dumb where it didn't require that much thought.

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Double post because this is fake, or you managed to spell every curse word right somehow
turns out I didn't double post, suck it toaster

Last edited:

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
Took me long enough to spell boiko right. And nah i wasnt drinking food i was drinking way too much whisky. rip liver

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Hey thanks for your reply, I'ma be looking over it: I saved you from a double post infraction ;)
Just to double check, I'll find the number of codes that ARE flippable and give the same code
we know the total flippable valid codes is 3125, and there are 3050 codes that flip to different codes
SO there SHOULD be 75 that flip to themselves
it would need to be 5x5x3x1x1
Those first two are 5 because it can be any of the 5 flippable numbers; the middle digit is 3 because it can be any of those flippable numbers except 6 or 9; and the last two digits must be the same as the first two, which means the only possibility is the same one as the first two.
5x5x3x1x1=75, so the math appears to check out.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Gallo69 Gallo69 I know of Boiko. ...For what it's worth, I agree that he and a lot of NY/LI players are full of it and themselves too, kek.
(and here I am showing that I'm like that too for looking down on others, ayyyy)

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Can you be infracted for risking a double post, not knowing if someone else posted between your last and your current post? Otherwise just count on the PMS to post quick enough.

GigasOverlord

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is interested in D&D stuff, Pathfinder Unchained released like, 2 days ago. It has a whole bunch of stuff like a stamina system and buffs to classes (Rogues get Dex to attack and damage for free, Monks can Flurry on move). It's pretty much Unearthed Arcana for the Pathfinder system.
If people like D&D and Monster Hunter like me, there's a D&D modulization of MH4U on r/monsterhunter called Doodles and Dragons. It's really easy to convert to whatever you're using and great for making modules that play like normal hunts.

Boiko

:drshrug:
I want to put all of this in my signature.

@ Gallo69 Gallo69 I know of Boiko. ...For what it's worth, I agree that he and a lot of NY/LI players are full of it and themselves too, kek.
(and here I am showing that I'm like that too for looking down on others, ayyyy)
He was saying I'm the smashboards spokesperson for NY. I'm allowed to be full of myself on LI since I win every single tournament I attend there. :drshrug:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
ive been watching oreigaru season 2 and today's episode has now convinced me to buy the light novels
this stuff is like crack man i cant wait a week for episodes this is really good stuff

D

Deleted member

I had three strawberry dum dums in my mouth this morning and I didn't go rerorerorero

wow I'm lame

Last edited by a moderator:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Eh, it's not like we clicked each other's music anyway. At least I didn't.

But I'm sure your tastes are every bit as beautiful and ridiculously obscure as I expected, gentlemen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom