• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Damn this is happening already? I didn't expect things to get like that so soon. It's like the smash cycle accelerated to the point where 2 years was skipped.

One thing that should have tipped us off is the fact that one of our FAQ is "Will you mod smash 4/make PM for smash 4?"

I bet the timeouts and almost timeouts that happened in between the HOO HAHS probably put the general audience off from watching the game like how MK dittos and timeouts put people off of Brawl in 2010.

I hope for their sake EVO turns this around because to have all this happen already means the game is in danger of dying faster than Brawl.
Smash 4 dies after a few years due to player apathy after selling enough to save the Wii-U, Sakurai retires, nintendo gets their head out of their asses, commissions/steals then releases PM 5.0 as Project :Melee HD (minus snake/sonic for legal reasons) with Roy amibo support.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
The only thing that's going to totally kill Smash 4 is apathy. That's it. The game already has a set audience and since EVO is allowing stuff with customs that could push for that in the future, which I think is the way to go because customs give its meta something unique to it and only it alone.

Pure opinion though, ST should've died years ago but it's still very alive in Japan because people support it and play it, and love it. And are vocal.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
ST probably should've died the second people figured out how deep the RNG went in that game

good scenes can make any game look unbreakable, though, and they got that in spades

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
ST is the granddaddy of competitive FG's though. Also You can find a scene for almost every game in Japan LMAO. Those nerds still play Samurai Showdown and Garou:MOTW up there. Now If I can see some Bloody Roar footage from there mainly 3 or 3.5 a.k.a Primal Fury/Extreme then I will be golden.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the only reason skullgirls has any popularity at all is because someone managed to make arcade versions for japan and they've been lapping it up since, yeah

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
ST probably should've died the second people figured out how deep the RNG went in that game

good scenes can make any game look unbreakable, though, and they got that in spades
ST's RNG is so crazy LMAO. The amount of randomness in that game is insane, and yet it just sort of...works.

Also I'm well aware everything has a scene in Japan but ST made it to EVO even for Grand Finals, and this game is 20 years old. That's worth noting. The scene is still big for a 20 year old game that has been replaced by more popular, modern installments. (I still play it, still the best SF IMO)

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
WHELP

After some questionable counterpicks by June, he takes game 3, looking like he has it potentially figured out for the 3-0 comeback

Then they all get 3-0'd by a Picnic. Chibo pls

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
nonono, not 20 years old, around 25 now.

it's old enough to get into college, get their diploma, and then work at a human resources mill while they pay off their debt now

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
But yes if Smash 4's community does stuff for itself and builds a strong infrastructure the worst it's going to do (AT WORST) is fall to the wayside instead of being the main event.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Well I may as well put up this WIP image of The Smash Cycle as I see it because if I don't now, I never will.
It's incomplete/WIP so feel free to critique/add to it.
Huge Image is Huge.
I want to eventually make a big post with this to r/smashbros and the Smash 4 boards and need input beforehand.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Why do you use Nerds so much? Just something I noticed lol :p

Cause nerds are godlike LMAO. It's just slang that I use alot referring to fellow gamers and It was a way to not say inappropriate stuff as well cause I used to have a bad habit with it years ago. When I use the term nerd I also use the term for people who are hella good and poop on people like the the top heads of melee and/or every other competitive FG player who grinds hella or I use the term for something hella smart in game that someone does to their opponent with like I will refer to it as "yo that some nerd **** right there". If you meet me in person like at the Great Revival tourney in Wisconsin I called a bunch of people nerds cause I was also excited for all the comp waiting to beat each other at the event and it pretty much developed from my melee scene into our PM/ Smash 4 scene into jokingly standard talk. Also it's all context on how you use it lol cause I'm can be pretty fouled mouth weird AF guy in person.

So there's your answer nerd hope that helped you out.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
D

Deleted member

Ike is about to win the first PM national

get ready for the complaints, ike mains :yeahboi:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Well I may as well put up this WIP image of The Smash Cycle as I see it because if I don't now, I never will.
Huge Image is Huge.
I want to eventually make a big post with this to r/smashbros and the Smash 4 boards and need input beforehand.
"Fans and most of community deny signs, justifying it as either something that is a glitch that will resolve itself"
This isn't a complete sentence/thought and It doesn't make sense what you meant lol.

I agree with like everything else though

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Huge Image is Huge.
Pretty good but need to put a folks will go back to melee to add the salt LMAO.
Ike is about to win the first PM national

get ready for the complaints, ike mains :yeahboi:
Should of been Roy.
But Ally with dat promoted LVL 20 Ike with Aether soloing nerds from Loser's Bracket like a FE9 speedrun like a boss.

See Ally and some his reads and combos are examples of dat nerd ****.

My comparison is some nerd ****.

Let it be known LMAO i need to write a book of all my quotes from end of last year to this year regarding smash stuff.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo that choke. Dem nerves M2K dropped the ball after M2K going god mode for a bit and Ally won due to that.

EDIT: Time to have dickriders to use to term autocombos and other dickrider johns real soon on reddit LMAO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom