• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Oh, yeah it's on Facebook and such now that I'm home and checked; so tons of people know about this thread but just come to check when big PM stuff like a release or such happens then lol. Oh, or ST's post being linked.

I'm not updated, aside from ST (somehow) dis-confirming a pending C&D. If Apex may be possibly sponsored by Nintendo now to not have PM, sounds like that could be just to not incur the problem of full on acknowledging PM so that they don't have to come close to pushing a C&D.

I thought I recall Fighting is Magic being C&D just because the company had to, in order to keep the ability to exercise their rights on other things as the laws work.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
(PS, to all those gloating melee players: wait a couple of months for EVO. you think they're gonna pick you, when they have to pick one or the other and they have nintendo's backing?)
You have this backwards. This already happened last month, now the tables are being turned on you.
Its shows how deep #oneunit runs. It helps Melee get into Evo? Good.

Once its needed for any other smash game, no one gives a ****.

And to think, I was starting to believe it too. One unit, until its inconvenient.
Thanks to both of you for proving my half-trolling tweet true and thus not actually trolling because it's real. https://twitter.com/hotdogturtle/status/530984112992309248

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...I wasn't, though? in fact, I don't even remember making a single opinion on it

you do know EVO lineup announcements aren't until january, right

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
You have this backwards. This already happened last month, now the tables are being turned on you.

Thanks to both of you for proving my half-trolling tweet true and thus not actually trolling because it's real. https://twitter.com/hotdogturtle/status/530984112992309248
But those mostly aren't the same players. Most PM-exclusive or primarily-PM players probably would rather see Melee at EVO considering they likely prefer the gameplay of Melee over Smash4.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm more inclined to watching melee, yeah. but also, I fully understand that EVO goes for the esports money, and the esports money means you can get everything except what you actually want

SunJester

Smash Ace
Trolling? Hardly. I donated 300$ to get Melee into Evo. I tweeted at Nintendo and campaigned to get Melee into Evo.

I wanted Melee in Evo.

As far as I know there's been no announcement whether Melee is in Evo or not. I'd like it to, but I'd also like to give Smash 4 a chance to shine. Its pretty obvious at this point that Evo only has one slot for a Smash game.

I could really understand Melee player's disappointment with Melee not being in Evo. To me though that isn't the same as deliberately being excluded from what is essentially the premier Smash tournament.

If this was Smash 64, Brawl, Melee, or Smash 4 not being included, I'd be just as angry. All Smash games deserve to be at Apex, so please, don't put words into my mouth.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Related to what Canon said earlier about anything not Melee or Smash 4 being thrown out as not good enough, Alex Jebailey confimed a half day ago that the popular at the event Project M won't be returning to CEO because "I see a lot of PM players transitioning over to Smash 4 out of the gate for 2015." So he doesn't think PM is important enough or will sustain itself to stick around while other games who don't get our numbers do.

And that is disrespect from the FGC outside the Smash community. From inside we can't let that **** go without saying something.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
So I was writing a paper this evening when my computer crashed for no reason and deleted an hour of my work.

#ThanksObama
Your computer might have crashed and discarded all your hard work on your paper but that's okay. You just look on forward and BOLIEVE!

1412084748151.gif

Jacob29

Smash Ace
I'm surprised at how many people seem to HATE PM.

Like what the heck I really don't get it. I can understand not being too fond of the game and that's usually Melee diehards or Brawl players, which is understandable. They don't play Melee a lot so I can't expect them to support PM. Not to say some Brawl players don't love PM. But why hate PM?

Also I think if Nintendo C&D PM I would probably quit Smash if this had a massive impact on tournament runnings in the UK.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Hungrybox's twitter brought me here sort of indirectly...

If the the sponsorship thing is real, I understand the reasoning behind the decision. There'll be other tournaments.
ha

I propose we make low tier city our own little APEX

it has probably the best competition, considering how it was last time, and it's in a very PM-heavy region

also "low tier city" is just a really good name in general
haha

Oh noes, theres a tournament without PM?

How could we possibly go on as a game without being at one tournament? What can we do to prevent the game from dieing?

Just ****ing attend/host tournaments and the game wont die, ffs. Its just one event, not the end of the world.

Games dont just "die," they die when the scene stops caring.
official games don't die. Mods are allowed to live.

Its shows how deep #oneunit runs. It helps Melee get into Evo? Good.

Once its needed for any other smash game, no one gives a ****.

And to think, I was starting to believe it too. One unit, until its inconvenient.
Let me first state there will never be oneunit. All smash games are different enough in the general philosophy of their gameplay to attract different people. Some like to camp, some like to float, some like to combo, some like to swag combo, and some like to auto-recover for free. Whatever you want in a smash game usually decides what games you play and what games you don't play.

As for Melee at evo lets just say not all this was done because we are all one unit. Melee was seen as the best hope for all other scenes to survive. The attention brought to melee was seen as a chance to bring attention to other scenes that were declining. People involved with brawl and 64 scenes did back melee for EVO but it wasn't done by most in the scene with a complete lack of ulterior motives.

Also you've incorrectly titled Project M as a smash game. It's not a smash game no matter how you feel about it. It doesn't have super smash anything in the title. It wasn't officially made and sold in stores so it's not a smash game. PM is a Project. Even if all communities Melee, Brawl, Smash 4 etc...all got behind the FreePM movement it wouldn't matter. All it would lead to was a much swifter cease and desist.

Also to be the PM community has possibly alienated itself in a way from all other scenes. Aside from the select people who play in multiple scenes most players who are strictly smash4/brawl or melee players want nothing to do with PM. With most people who prefer brawl's gameplay flocking to Smash 4 and people who prefer Melee harboring small elements of disdain for PM rejecting many of its influences in favor of amazingly new yet equally unbalanced top heavy cast..well, that leaves PM with few friends. Especially considering most critiques in the pasts were met with small amounts of sarcastic, condescending, and somewhat arrogant replies at times. things like "Brawl is dying for a reason", or "Melee is inferior so why copy it". Various high level players specifically from the Melee scene seemed to get more frustrated as a game created originally to be Like melee with more instead chose to divert to a path of being melee-ish with a few Brawl- level character designs and recoveries that makes smash 4 players cringe. All this while insisting a certain level of superiority...which lets face it. ALL SMASH COMMUNITIES have this. Especially the Melee scene. Still, with certain bridges now burned the PM scene is sort of on its own.

Everyone who's upset about PM not being at Apex should really think, really REALLY think about what it's not there, the smash scene as a whole, and what the future relations with Nintendo means for PM.

All I'm saying is I have a feeling that PM's fate has already been decided. I also have a feeling that it'll be continually removed from major events and eventually streaming it will be made illegal. I can't say why I just have this hunch, I've had this feeling for months now actually and the way things are moving...I get the feeling I'm right. My question is...if I am...where will everyone go? what happens to the PM exclusive players? Will you wander into other smash games or stop completely?

Jacob29

Smash Ace
You speak like America is the only smash scene with PM.

PM has been at all of our major and little events pretty much and Nintendo has verrrrrry little swing over them.

and the one they did have power over they removed PM, backed out, and PM was back on the menu.

but as I said above if PM becomes 'illegal' I will move onto a different game that isn't Smash.

Also "PM isn't a Smash game because it doesn't have Smash Bros in the title" is some really silly thinking.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Warning Received
You speak like America is the only smash scene with PM.

PM has been at all of our major and little events pretty much and Nintendo has verrrrrry little swing over them.

and the one they did have power over they removed PM, backed out, and PM was back on the menu.

but as I said above if PM becomes 'illegal' I will move onto a different game that isn't Smash.

Also "PM isn't a Smash game because it doesn't have Smash Bros in the title" is some really silly thinking.

looks like this is leaking...slowly.

Anyway, if you have power in your country to keep running PM fine go for it.

Also, if by silly thinking you mean facing reality then yeah I guess I'm silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Warning Received
so basically you're doom and gloom because you don't know how the law works, you think arguing semantics is final, and you posted a picture of blackface

yep, that sounds about right for you. welcome back, you human piece of trash

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
TBH if there was a C&D coming it probably would've happened by now, if you want my opinion on it. This may prevent it at sponsored tournaments but an outright C&D to the entire project itself I don't see happening. Brawl is old and Nintendo has much bigger fish to fry rather than battle in court about modding a roughly 5 year old game, especially if Nintendo sponsored tournaments can't have it. At that point that's keeping P:M out of the line of fire.

Last edited:

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
so basically you're doom and gloom because you don't know how the law works, you think arguing semantics is final, and you posted a picture of blackface

yep, that sounds about right for you. welcome back, you human piece of trash
I want you to bookmark this posts for when the C&D is handed down in a couple of weeks. Also, worse things can happen in life no need to be so upset an hostile towards me Canon.

Seriously though it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
we already went through this, again, you human piece of trash

I don't intend to respect someone who only came back to play the mass hysteria

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
we already went through this, again, you human piece of trash

I don't intend to respect someone who only came back to play the mass hysteria
to quote LL. Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years. I've been following supporting, and preaching the world of PM long before that account you are posting on existed I was the loudest and most obnoxious enthusiast before there was a PM scene to even get mad about things like this...I even once posed the question of rather Project M was the future. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48HCXTpjBw#t=1m58s (trailer from 2011)

....so please remove your tampon and stop ********.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well if that person would politely get off my meat I'd like to return to the last question I posed. "if" this is the end of PM in terms of major events and streaming rights then where will everyone go? will people still play it off streams? Will people move on to other smash games? will people move on completely from smash? and if so what will you take away from this? Fond memories? some new/lasting friendships?

Also I apologize for making a Misogynistic remark. I should've just said politely shut the **** up. Although I am not sure I can say that anymore. I might be offending people who can't talk.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Well if that person would politely get off my meat I'd like to return to the last question I posed. "if" this is the end of PM in terms of major events and streaming rights then where will everyone go? will people still play it off streams? Will people move on to other smash games? will people move on completely from smash? and if so what will you take away from this? Fond memories? some new/lasting friendships?

Also I apologize for making a Misogynistic remark. I should've just said politely shut the **** up. Although I am not sure I can say that anymore. I might be offending people who can't talk.
People still play Fighting is Magic despite it having a C&D and that is from a fandom that lacks the courageousness and determination that Smash fans have.

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Did this dude seriously just compareblackface to pm lmao, thats the most moronic thing ive ever seen on a smash site and i was on allisbrawl for 2 years

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I can understand not wanting it at Nintendo sponsered events.

If Nintendo ever did lay out a C&D though, I'd probably end up not buying Smash 4 at all. The only reason I can think of them doing a C&D in the first place is to try to help sales for Smash 4 and the 3DS/Wii U.

That said, I don't really see it happening.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Why is everyone worried in the first place? A C&D will never happen, go back to your labs and make up some dumb stuff.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Did this dude seriously just compareblackface to pm lmao, thats the most moronic thing ive ever seen on a smash site and i was on allisbrawl for 2 years
compare? surely not. Its an extreme analogy is all.

I can understand not wanting it at Nintendo sponsered events.

If Nintendo ever did lay out a C&D though, I'd probably end up not buying Smash 4 at all. The only reason I can think of them doing a C&D in the first place is to try to help sales for Smash 4 and the 3DS/Wii U.

That said, I don't really see it happening.
why C&D before Wii U's released? wouldn't it seem more likely that Nintendo would wait for Wii U's release before a C&D? just asking.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't plan on buying Smash 4 for a little bit after its release because money reasons thanks to it being so god damn close to Christmas (which is a good move, except for when I want stuff for myself).

But that's true, for most people they'll already have the game if a C&D were to come around December, so that wouldn't work for everyone.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Why was there 100 people viewing this thread? Also I dare you to stream PM and attempt some of my early aerial challenges again
@ Meme Meme Hungrybox's twitter what?
The twit I saw

And well... It's likely I'll be able to go to Forte

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Maybe because they merged over to PM since most of the PM community consists of brawl players.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Don't worry about it, guys! Everything's gonna be OK! :4pacman:

/optimism

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Only thing I want to know if this "No PM at Apex" was a Nintendo decision or a Apex decision.

I'm inclined to believe it had to be Nintendo's doing because...well what reason is there to not have PM other than Nintendo?

If it's NOT Nintendo's doing then I don't know what to say. It doesn't make sense.

Someone give me a good reason why PM wouldn't be at Apex that has nothing to do with Nintendo's influence.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
And that is disrespect from the FGC outside the Smash community. From inside we can't let that **** go without saying something.
I'll humor you, what would be "done" about it?
...The more accurate question is what CAN be "done" about it. The answer is "nothing meaningful".

We can and we will let it go, people need to learn to not rise to bait/needless arguments.
/hypocrite
Ur all nerds

Last edited:

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
**** the ******** "smash" community, **** your ****ty drama and **** your tourneys. As long as the team keeps adding stuff to PM and having fun working on their passion project, I am happy.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Eh, just gonna keep playing PM until **** actually happens. But I will say outright that PM is the main hook that keeps me invested in the rest of the series and I'd sooner leave Smash altogether instead of stay invested if it meant not being able to play Ike:M at tournaments anymore.

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad I'm working on some of Ike's nuances like his autocancels and I have to ask, outside of Uair AC what purpose is there to Bair and Nair AC? They're both relatively low lag on landing as is and late aerial Nair is a solid option for popping up and continuing combos. I do know that Bair has like a 2 frame window or so to DJ Bair which is sick, but that's about it. I'm also working on grounded pivot QDs but I'm junk at >B B-reversals.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I finally got caught up with all of this madness after falling asleep and WTF people.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Seriously, why does all the drama always happen when Im not here?

Top Bottom