• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Stevo

Smash Champion
Also does anyone else have problems approaching someone to start conversing? That's really my only big problem when it comes to my social anxiety, I can't approach someone to converse unless I know we have something in common.
and you won't know if you have somthing in common unless you approach them ;)
easier said than done I guess.

If you really want to get over it you have to figure out why you have the anxiety.
For example, when growing up, maybe when expressing yourself to your parents or family members you were attacked and your fight or flight kicked in. Since you don't have the problem when you have something in common, maybe it was more you were not allowed to disagree or like different things.

It's all about self knowledge. That's at least the first step.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
and you won't know if you have somthing in common unless you approach them ;)
easier said than done I guess.

If you really want to get over it you have to figure out why you have the anxiety.
For example, when growing up, maybe when expressing yourself to your parents or family members you were attacked and your fight or flight kicked in. Since you don't have the problem when you have something in common, maybe it was more you were not allowed to disagree or like different things.

It's all about self knowledge. That's at least the first step.
I can't really pin down its cause, maybe I should just power through my anxiety. I'll try tomorrow maybe.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Definitely worth a try.
It's a solution, but you'll have to do that a lot for it to become less difficult.

Yeah, but after the first few it'll just become easier. Worst part of it is that I can't figure out what to talk about with someone when I want to talk to them, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

wish me that luck

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Literally a perfect song.

Also does anyone else have problems approaching someone to start conversing? That's really my only big problem when it comes to my social anxiety, I can't approach someone to converse unless I know we have something in common. I want it to stop.
Willing yourself to open up to others and make actual friends is something that never really gets easier.
*shrug*

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
that song's pretty cool, though i kinda feel like it builds up too much and it might get distracting

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
you should put this onto Fountain:

I'm half worried about the new people in the community trying to go from casual to competitive and starting ****-storm arguments for no reason (like on all the smash 4 videos VGBC is putting out) and half happy that there will be new players in bracket and venues that could actually be worse than me

Vashimus

Smash Master
I can't really pin down its cause, maybe I should just power through my anxiety. I'll try tomorrow maybe.
Are you anxious to speak to new people because you're afraid of getting ridiculed, humiliated, rejected, or disliked? Because I've been there.

The reality is a large majority of people are far too preoccupied with their own thoughts and insecurities to even be thinking about judging you. Ironically, they're afraid of you judging them.

If you're mean to someone, they're obviously gonna be mean right back. If you're friendly to someone, it's very hard for most people to be mean back.

All interactions with new people are least slightly awkward or uncomfortable. There may be one or two moments where you say something stupid, awkward moments where neither of you knows what to say, or one of you makes a reference / joke the other doesn't understand. That's just how it is, not every interaction will be flawless. Accept yourself and the idea that what you say matters, and that people are friendly and want to talk you. If someone's a jerk, they can go **** themselves.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
d-do you l-love me?
i did a super sick samus combo the other day, reverse charge shot, super missle+jab out of missle knockback into fsmash
Hmm, lemme see, we havent done it yet... But you listened to my request and played a ganon ditto on stream. I guess its a yes.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
There are those people who are just constantly judging. There is a kid in chemistry that hasn't once said something where he isn't mocking or being superior to someone else. Are you really that boring of a person or can you just not express yourself to people you don't really know?
one of the contacts on mai sd card wore off so ima have to get a new one. no pm for a week how will i survive.
I cri ever time. My Wii doesn't spin disks at all; I'm just going to wait for the Wii U GC controller adapter and hope that it works in Wii emulation mode.

You can always creep on your friends and use their Wii under the false pretext that you actually wanted to hang out with them.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Are you calling out me or yourself? Obviously I just judged him, but I don't constantly verbalize it.

Everyone judges, but most people are just smart/kind enough to keep their mouths shut.

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
There are those people who are just constantly judging. There is a kid in chemistry that hasn't once said something where he isn't mocking or being superior to someone else. Are you really that boring of a person or can you just not express yourself to people you don't really know?

I cri ever time. My Wii doesn't spin disks at all; I'm just going to wait for the Wii U GC controller adapter and hope that it works in Wii emulation mode.

You can always creep on your friends and use their Wii under the false pretext that you actually wanted to hang out with them.
im not that unlucky its the sd card itself that broke, not the wii

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I support Bowser losing weight in 3.5
Being absolutely ginormous does him no favors

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
My Wii doesn't spin disks at all; I'm just going to wait for the Wii U GC controller adapter and hope that it works in Wii emulation mode.
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can order replacement disc drives for Wiis.
It'd be a bit of work, but it's cheaper than buying entire an system.:dr^_^:

Edit: Yup, found a few on Amazon for 'round $25-$30.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can order replacement disc drives for Wiis.
It'd be a bit of work, but it's cheaper than buying entire an system.:dr^_^:

Edit: Yup, found a few on Amazon for 'round $25-$30.
But...effort. I'm going to drop so much money on Smash 4. I also want to continue hoarding 2 birthdays and a Christmas's worth of gift money.

I'll just keep showing up @Player -0's house.

Top Bottom