• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
To be fair, Xzax choked up and rolled 2+times in a row to let vex get in. He also could have DI'd the jab better but I have no idea what Vex conditioned him to expect off air side-bs

But DAMN that combo is sexy

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Well that's what you get for rolling haha

Edit: in reference to the combo a few pages before since I didn't realize this conversation kept going

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
My mommy said the friendzone isn't real when I asked her! You can all stop arguing now.

I'm taking AP Psychology this year, so I can make fun of you all for being pseudo-intellectuals whilst being a pseudo-intellectual myself. It's gonna be good.
[quote="MechWarriorNY, post: 17479338, member: 158584"Two words; ask directly.[/quote]
Wow Mech, asking people about their sexuality is so easy! All I had to do was risk potentially offending someone; it was especially easy because I live in the Bible belt.

Never change Mech, keep on generalizing.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'm learning the basics of Python/Pygame this year. I likes taking college courses early for dem credits.
Edit: Oh, and getting a foundation for a programming career through the class and side projects is fantastic aswell. :)

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Is that AP computer science? We have to use Java.
What is the difference between Pygame and Python?
Yes, game programming to be specific, but I'm still just getting my feet wet, so I'm not sure just what discrepancies there are between the two. I'll learn that in my free time.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
To members of the PMDT(PMBR in our hearts), or any individual with some experience programming games, would you mind filling me in on it's (python/pygame etc.) versatility in the field? I really want to make certain the language won't hold me back from too many opportunities.

PS: What method do you of the PMDT use for you incredible Haxxor ritualz, and what's a bare bare bones explanation to how such sorcery works?

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
They use lower level stuff and some tools they have created. Don't get caught up on how good or bad Python is because just understanding one language can help you understand concepts in others. If you are serious about computers then you will likely learn other languages anyway. If you want to make your own games and want to use an engine like Unity they often support a variety of languages, but I've heard that making Python work is a bit more troublesome.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm taking a java course this semester and my prof said tons of people look for java and they pay like minimum 50k.

As for what I use to code with in pm, I use a device called a USB gecko and an app for it called gecko dot net. Somehow managed to teach myself using just the app and documentation on assembly from the IBM site

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'm taking a java course this semester and my prof said tons of people look for java and they pay like minimum 50k.

As for what I use to code with in pm, I use a device called a USB gecko and an app for it called gecko dot net. Somehow managed to teach myself using just the app and documentation on assembly from the IBM site
Toaster-senpai noticed me!! In all seriousness though, thanks. I'm finally getting out of that "I'll let what happens happen." attitude regarding impending adult independence, and have been looking to apply myself to a career path I may find a creative outlet in (Though I'm full aware that any productive work definitely come through a team in regards to game development). Given the fact that I'm a t074l No0b, I guess I have quite a bit of work ahead of me. :/

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Toaster, you are college age right? Would this be your first or second year?
------
Now that I know something about anything coding I should go back and see if I can make anything in unity now.

Last edited:

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
It's my second year, yeah.
I can't believe it's been so long. When I read that you are in your second year of college, I feel old. It feels like it's only been a couple of years since I remember seeing people talk about how you are only 15 back in the end of the brawl+ days.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Believe it or not, Toaster is still actually 12 years old.

...Man, Brawl came out when I was a Freshman in college. Doesn't feel like it's been that long.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
The beginning of Brawl hacking was the most memorable for me. The hardships were real.

I still remember picking up Brawl on release day, man time flies.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Coconut water is so stupid.

Also I am 22, so I've been on this site for eight years. I lied about my age on my profile though because I don't want people to know my birthdate haha

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Is programming a skill that's feasible to learn on your own? I'm starting to doubt my degree is going to get me anywhere so I'd like a back up plan, or rather a better plan than I currently have right now.

An old coworker of mine who was becoming a web designer recommended this to me, and since I already have to take CSE courses for my major I figured I might as well follow through. Does anyone here have experience in the field that could tell me whether or not I should? ~50k starting salary sounds good as ****.

Last edited:
Top Bottom