• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
It's a made-up concept for people who don't want to accept what actually happened.
Kind of like 9/11 truthers.
I listen to whatever's loudest dork, get at me.

I won't hear you, but it won't matter 'cause I'll definitely be winning. :cool:
Jokes aside, people say this all the time, and then lose(often horribly).

They know talk is cheap... So why do they do that?

Last edited:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Let this sink in.... and be the main thing what made me lose faith and trust in Square Enix ages ago(Haven't played FF13, might out of morbid curiosity after I clear my backlog).

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Implying that only guys talk about the friendzone and get put in it.
It's primarily a male phenomenon. Too many dudes have this (often subconscious) attitude that they deserve to have women date them, and use it to unfairly blame the women who don't want to date them or would rather just be their friend. If you're being friendly to someone purely because you're looking for something other than friendship, you're going to send the wrong signals and you're probably being friendly for the wrong reasons in the first place.

Besides, friendship isn't a consolation prize for failing to woo someone or a stepping stone to a romantic relationship. It's a fantastic thing by itself and you should always be thankful for the opportunity to make another friend.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's primarily a male phenomenon. Too many dudes have this (often subconscious) attitude that they deserve to have women date them, and use it to unfairly blame the women who don't want to date them or would rather just be their friend. If you're being friendly to someone purely because you're looking for something other than friendship, you're going to send the wrong signals and you're probably being friendly for the wrong reasons in the first place.

Besides, friendship isn't a consolation prize for failing to woo someone or a stepping stone to a romantic relationship. It's a fantastic thing by itself and you should always be thankful for the opportunity to make another friend.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Maybe, just maybe, all this bad and contradictory advice guys are given on the internet has created bad situations for well-intentioned dudes.

Some are too quick to assume negative things from people just trying to navigate this messed up world, who aren't good at reading ambiguous situations because in many ways they aren't meant to.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Why was he calling his mom though?

I should ask a guy for a money match, get ready to select the stage after we strike, and have my phone set to have a fake alarm/call sound, and then answer "Hey.. oh I'll be there soon I just have to tear some guy a new one"

Also if I ever made it to GF on a streamed tourney I'd do a Booker T entrance

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Why was he calling his mom though?

I should ask a guy for a money match, get ready to select the stage after we strike, and have my phone set to have a fake alarm/call sound, and then answer "Hey.. oh I'll be there soon I just have to tear some guy a new one real quick"

Also if I ever made it to GF on a streamed tourney I'd do a Booker T entrance
Honestly I do not know. We were two stocks in. And he answered the phone and left the room.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
i dislike dogs
dogs are loud and smelly

i like cats
i miss my cat
I have two.

*Lewd, but Takane approves~.png~
IdolMaster though... Takane-san~

It's primarily a male phenomenon. Too many dudes have this (often subconscious) attitude that they deserve to have women date them,
Yes, that's it.

I despise that word. "Deserve"... Most people who think they deserve ANYTHING deserve deliberately brutal reality checks and down-dressings, if not physical harm. /s
That sort of mentality must end.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'm jealous of the AV club over here haha

I'm taking three bio classes and three psych classes, please give me a handle of liquor each day to numb the pain

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So the Bayonets 2 direct happen and man I'm hyped for that game and the new star fox costume.

Exodo

Smash Ace
my brain is slowly melting waiting for both 3.5 and the new smash, someone help me T.T

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Cliff bars, A huge jug of water, and some kind of heavy filling sandwhich are my go-tos at tournaments. Nothing sucks more than having to fight past hunger while playing.

Nothing fills me up like a huge roast beef and chicken sub with cheddar and spinach, plus you don't regret eating them afterwards like most junk foods that are easy to bring into venues.

Player -0

Smash Hero
EAT PEOPLE'S SOULS THAT YOU BEAT WITH PICHU AND DRINK THE TEARS OF SALT.

I really need to get more Clif bars, those things be amazing. A sub sounds like an amazing snack/food though.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
At a tournament I usually drink a VitaminWater or Neuro to keep my energy up in a not-gross way like AMP or something because while they do taste good and do the trick, it's like chemical cocktail stuff, which I don't need

Vashimus

Smash Master
Do I think the friend zone exists? To a certain extent, yes.

A lot of what someone thinks about you is based off their first impression of a you, and if you came off as a friendly benign asexual guy when you meet a girl, chances are she's gonna think of you that way the next time you meet her.

It's not like women are these evil masterminds sitting there mumbling to themselves as they read your texts. "Yes! He fell into my friend zone trap! FOOLISH MAN. YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF ESCAPE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" No, that's silly. You're silly.

If you think you might be in the "friend-zone", you simply set the wrong expectations about yourself from the moment you met her. I see guys out there meeting girls they like and start chatting them up as if they were speaking to their guy friends. That's stupid. You can't treat romantic / sexual relationships as simply glorified friendships, they're two totally different things. With your friends, you don't have to worry about your appearance as much. You don't have to worry about flirting with them or cranking up sexual tension. You're not thinking about how to turn them on or what nasty things you have planned later in the evening for them.

Guess what? These are things you have to worry about when you're with a girl. In romantic relationships, the SEXUAL component is equally as important as the FRIENDSHIP component. Who gives a **** if you're the nicest guy on the planet to her? Being nice does not turn women on. If it did, Mr. Rogers would've been rolling in *******. So if you're getting along with a girl you've been "working on" for weeks (or even months or years) and you still haven't made anything happen, MOVE THE **** ON. After all, she already has.

So how do you set the right precedent with a girl? That is, communicate that you're interested in a romantic relationship rather than a platonic one? Well the first step, as I and others have jokingly said in the thread before but it's still true, is to get attractive. That doesn't mean you have to look like Brad Pitt either; sexiness comes from mannerisms as much as it does appearances. Upgrade your fashion, hit the gym, mind your posture, wash your ass, everything your mama told you. The sexier you at least look, the more leeway she's giving you. Step two? TAKE ACTION. Make your intentions clear from the outset. Something like a compliment, then into a conversation mixed with some light flirting for instance. Heck, if you REALLY don't give a ****, you can be unapologetic about it. "Yo, sorry to bother, but has anyone ever told you you have a nice ass?" Trust me, if you say it in the right way, 8 times out of 10, she'll laugh. The other 20% who get mad? **** em for having no sense of humor. You can practically say anything, it doesn't really matter. Just make your intentions known, and it's smooth sailing. Girls who are interested will be receptive. Girls who aren't interested will blow you off. You win either way.

Now if you read this and just said "**** you Vash, I don't wanna change who I am to get girls", uhhh tough ****. You’re always wearing a mask, anyways. You're not the same around friends as you are with your bosses or parents either, but you ain't ******** about that, are you? If your regular mask ain't making panties wet, it's time to swap it for a new one.

That's all I'm gonna say it on it.

For tournies, I like bringing honey roasted nuts or beef jerky and water.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Believe in the heart of the cards, and it can become possible.

Top Bottom