• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yoo midwest is invading Texas for Low Tier City 2. So far we've got me, Hylian, Rat, Oro confirmed, and more will surely follow.

D

Deleted member

Haha. I'm not changing my ways for anyone.
I've been around a lot longer than you, and I have to say, it does get old being the community pariah. At some point you get to where you feel like you're being fake to avoid criticism from viewpoints that are blatantly ignorant or stupid, but you also don't want to put forth effort to correct them because it's just easier to let them remain stupid. Maybe you're not on the boards as much as me, that probably helps. If I lived near other players I'd definitely spend my time on a controller instead of a keyboard.

Because coming out and saying that your Marth is as good as Dr. Peepee's is just positive thinking and confidence and totally isn't a cocky exaggeration.
I already said that I played Kevin at the beginning of March and that his Marth was slightly better than mine. That's just my honest impression from playing him as a coach, a personal friend, and an opponent. And I'm one of the best qualified people around in terms of judging relative skill. Take it or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
yoo midwest is invading Texas for Low Tier City 2. So far we've got me, Hylian, Rat, Oro confirmed, and more will surely follow.
What do you guys consider Mid-west? I've heard a lot of different jurisdictions about my state but, as far as I can tell actually browsing through the state segments for the Smash community (according to Smash Boards) and it's not listed despite the fact we even have a Facebook with over 300 members.
-
@Umbreon Dude, it's times like this I could even find a coach, period :/ Trust me I've looked, despite the large scene we have, we just don't seem to have coaches. The closest thing I ever had was a pro gamer who does fighting games only, like Street Fighter and Persona 4 - he knows very little about Smash.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Off topic, but does anyone else think Link's new up-air in Smash 4 looks awkward as hell?

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
They'll probably change it - otherwise people have something funny / awkward to look forward to when playing as or against Link

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Oh my god, I LAUGHED just looking at it, it looks like he's trying to ****ing hurl the sword away from him

Maybe he's holding it up for a Skyward Sword-esque attack

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It looks like the sword is trying to go upwards of its own volition and link is being pulled by it

Bleck

Smash Master
That's probably a single frame in what is probably an animation for an attack. I doubt Link's new up-air is literally just whoa **** I'm being pulled into space by my sword

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guys....what if it's not his up-air? but his up-b?

Fi is dragging him back to the sky

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do you see an list of inputs? I maintain it could be up-b

and a terrible one at that

Last edited:

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It's weird because I believe Link's UpB has been shown in motion previously before, this looks much more like an aerial since it doesn't always bring him up and he can do it while falling.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
It looks like the sword is trying to go upwards of its own volition and link is being pulled by it
Sadly, Link is not returning, he has been replaced with the Master Sword equipped with Link. Along with Link, comes his whole arsenal of weapons!

B.W.

Smash Champion
The worst part is, that position is probably better due to Link's hurtbox placement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom