• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Is there footage of Sethlon at Apex? I saw one video once, but I remember him using Roy in a way i hadn't seen before and I was just like... daaaaaaamn, gotta snag those techniques real quick

And does anyone have any clue as to why if I just let my Wii sit for a while running P:M, it freezes with that annoying beep?

I left it at the Character Select Screen for about 20 seconds and it froze, it happened after I download some vibrancy texture packs and put the portraits in the common_5.pac so i thought it was those, but the same thing happened when I left it on the main menu for 20 seconds, and as far as I know, the game isn't loading anything on the main menu if you don't touch a single button

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Gonna be streaming with Octorok in an hour, twitch/spidermad

And does anyone have any clue as to why if I just let my Wii sit for a while running P:M, it freezes with that annoying beep?
Try using Homebrew to load
yeah. it was a nice feeling helping someone in need out.

****ed me over since i'm due for leg surgery in April, so any sort of high impact exercise I need to strictly avoid because my legs are super ****ed up now.
What was the panic attack over, where were you running to? What messed up your leg?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jutuEhkSnCU#t=218
If yo spinal cord can't take it, you just ain't got it negga
My goodness

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Is there footage of Sethlon at Apex? I saw one video once, but I remember him using Roy in a way i hadn't seen before and I was just like... daaaaaaamn, gotta snag those techniques real quick

Sethlon. the almighty Roy from TX. arguably the best Roy in Melee at one point. i have played him many a times. yet to play him in PM tho :'/ probably in the next few months. he is always going to tourneys in TX and such. just look him up on youtube or go the the DFW SMASH facebook group.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak_VxGgy3Hw vs ESAM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQcJ5KRjss vs Fly Amanita
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8AMXrjY1g vs JCaesar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWr7Eiaz-vQ vs Ally
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6msKCpYHEI vs Mew2King
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sethlon/videos (not Apex, but some cool matches all the same)

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Based solely on names and hype factor, I'm going to write who I want to win pools
no seriously these are 100% legit predictions
1. Armada
2. Nipps
3. 420YoloSwag4Jesus
4. Hbox
5. the guy whose name is simply "Roy"
6. Tortilla Jackson
7. Axe
8. Yung Miami
9. Jolteon
10. Oracle
11. Attila the Hun is going to upset M2K
12. Pikapika!
13. C-money
14. Raptor will literally slaughter Wombat
15. Squeak
16. SF vs EastCoastEddie
17. Storm cuz mahvel
18. AceAttorneyGod
19. ORLY?
20. xXxL337$N1P4H4X0RxXx
21. The NZA
22. Machiavelli or Leelue
23. RingWormTheDestroyer
24. idk anyone in this pool so I'll go with the guy named P!
25. Oro
26. GHNeko
27. KB64 presents *koropuns*
28. Rizner cuz Kirby
29. Rolex
30. Cash and Hoe4u
31. Internet Explorer
32. Rat is going to get eaten by Wolf
Dude you are SO ****ing sweet for putting me on your list. Unfortunately, I lost to Eli and Salem (Salem game was close...I SD'd on my last stock :( ). Hopefully, I can win some stuff in the future.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

I left it at the Character Select Screen for about 20 seconds and it froze, it happened after I download some vibrancy texture packs and put the portraits in the common_5.pac so i thought it was those, but the same thing happened when I left it on the main menu for 20 seconds, and as far as I know, the game isn't loading anything on the main menu if you don't touch a single button
3.02? I may have to check it out, but have you redownloaded?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
It's still coating the ground outside up here in Natty
it snowed yesterday and lasted til now
Road closures are going to make getting down to BR hard this afternoon :(
are you going to be at wintercon btw?
Ah, wow. The snow was only light here in BR and by midday it had all turned into ice/sleet.

Sadly I won't be at wintercon. I won't be at tournaments for quite a long time in the foreseeable future most likely unless there is a significant reason for me to go. I'm actually not that good at smash and would need to commit to get better to start going again. I have Calc 2 this semester, and am not very good at math, and this is my very last class before I get my Associate's so I'm also trying to focus on that now. Sudai planning to go to a tourney, however, can be an incentive :)

/johns

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
3.02? I may have to check it out, but have you redownloaded?
I have 3.02 but haven't tried re-downloading, I'll have to try that on sunday when I get back, going to vermont to snowboard the whole damn weekend, actually I probably won't bother with it sunday night, gonna be sore and tired as **** lol monday then

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Random idea spread it around.

Can the PMBR make it so if you get shield poked a sound effect gets played? I was thinking if you get hit with an attack while you are in the shielding animation that would trigger the sound. I'd like to hear character specific voice clips trigger but a generic stabbing sound would be ok too. This would let people know they got shield poked. its kinda like with captain falcons fair knee taunt Yess!! except the deffensive player is doing it with the shield button instead of the taunt button.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Random idea spread it around.

Can the PMBR make it so if you get shield poked a sound effect gets played? I was thinking if you get hit with an attack while you are in the shielding animation that would trigger the sound. I'd like to here character specific voice clips trigger but a generic stabbing sound would be ok too. This would let people know they got shield poked. its kinda like with captain falcons fair knee taunt Yess!! except the deffensive player is doing it with the shield button instead of the taunt button.
I support this idea, it will also help for commentating because you can see if the player got sheildstabbed or dropped the shield etc.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I have to play League of Legends later today (ugh), can someone tell me what items to buy for the free heroes right now, i havent played league in ages, but i do play starcraft if that helps

BobbyTheBrokeMonarch

Smash Cadet
drsusredfish said:
Random idea spread it around

Can the PMBR make it so if you get shield poked a sound effect gets played? I was thinking if you get hit with an attack while you are in the shielding animation that would trigger the sound. I'd like to here character specific voice clips trigger but a generic stabbing sound would be ok too. This would let people know they got shield poked. its kinda like with captain falcons fair knee taunt Yess!! except the deffensive player is doing it with the shield button instead of the taunt button
So essentially just InternetExplorer's "turn white during shield stun" code, but for Project M?

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
visual indicators are lovely things. don't do much harm, yet can explain concepts and mechanics incredibly easily to both players and potential viewers in tournaments

have more of those, plsnthx

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Just...started watching a new sort of anime (only had 3 episodes available). I think you've all probably heard/seen the series.
*attempted attention grabbing

Also I need to get better recording equipment - any of you blokes, got a suggestion on what to use to replace a Hauppauge that could record Wii gameplay?

Top Bottom