• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: San Francisco, Bay Area

Mowg

Smash Cadet
Mowg here in San Francisco, CA. I live in Ingleside, close to SF State Univ. and City College of SF. I mainly play Smash 64 and I used to play a lot of Melee. I don't play Brawl or Smash 4 hardly at all, and Project M is a real blessing for competitive-oriented smash players.

I'm looking for people to play Smash 64, Melee, or Project M with. I'm looking for the local Smash community in NorCal's most densely populated metropolitan area. Sometimes I wished that I lived in Arizona for this purpose, they seem to have a lot of talented smash players there. San Francisco Smash players! Lets get a game session going.

prem

Smash Apprentice
look up the facebook groups norcal project m, norcal project m bay area, 707 project m.

I know for sure theres a pm group somewhere in that area just not sure exactly because I live in south bay. Most of the tourneys are in South bay and in the Belmont area though so from SF its kind of a drive

edit: turns out the group there is at sfsu but just join the facebook groups and ask the same question it'll be more helpful

Last edited:

Mowg

Smash Cadet
Bruh I live right on the M Muni tracks , like 20 minutes walk to SFSU.

There was a guy that used to bring his Wii to City College SF on Wed in the Student union, but I haven't seen him there for two semesters, maybe he transferred.

San Jose has so many beautiful asian girls!

Have you been to that one new gaming lounge that recently opened in San Jose? It was lit! I got a free half of a broiled chicken with mash potatos and gravy, and a free draft pint, because it was like a pre-opening event thing. I haven't been there since, but I'd like to go again, especially if they are playing smash, which they were the night I went. They were playing 8 player Smash 4 on a big projector. With items...:glare: But other than that it was lit. I can't remember the name of it though...

prem

Smash Apprentice
Bruh I live right on the M Muni tracks , like 20 minutes walk to SFSU.

There was a guy that used to bring his Wii to City College SF on Wed in the Student union, but I haven't seen him there for two semesters, maybe he transferred.

San Jose has so many beautiful asian girls!

Have you been to that one new gaming lounge that recently opened in San Jose? It was lit! I got a free half of a broiled chicken with mash potatos and gravy, and a free draft pint, because it was like a pre-opening event thing. I haven't been there since, but I'd like to go again, especially if they are playing smash, which they were the night I went. They were playing 8 player Smash 4 on a big projector. With items...:glare: But other than that it was lit. I can't remember the name of it though...
if you mean AFK gamer lounge we have pm tourneys there sometimes. Most of the tourneys are at Santa Clara university (which is right next to the caltrain station), then some are in belmont and the others are at AFK.

and yeah I know nothing about who plays at SFSU besides one person who is pretty good and I think hes the club president there.

and then theres a PM tourney tomorrow at DeAnza college tomorrow but that's like an hour + drive so I'm not sure if you are down

Last edited:

Mowg

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the invitation. I'm a bit behind on my **** otherwise I would be down this time. I been just trying to improve things for myself still, so it's hard for me to dedicate a whole day to communiting somewhere.I don't drive currently either. I'm going to be wishing I could though tomorrow while I'm doing homework and looking for a job.

Will they be filming the PM tournament?

prem

Smash Apprentice
Uhh not sure I talked to the guy a week ago and he said they weren't exactly sure yet because this is the first time hes trying to run an event, so he wants to keep it simple, but we will find out tomorrow.

Regardless just join the facebook groups so you can find out all the events in the area yourself cause event pages are always made and we someone who makes a post weekly saying what tourneys are happening in the region. Also in the event pages you can always ask for a carpool or something people are usually helpful

Mowg

Smash Cadet
Uhh not sure I talked to the guy a week ago and he said they weren't exactly sure yet because this is the first time hes trying to run an event, so he wants to keep it simple, but we will find out tomorrow.

Regardless just join the facebook groups so you can find out all the events in the area yourself cause event pages are always made and we someone who makes a post weekly saying what tourneys are happening in the region. Also in the event pages you can always ask for a carpool or something people are usually helpful
Yeah I just joined the NORCAL PM group. It turns out they only play Melee at SFSU and at the Foundry, a bar in SOMA.

horseapples

Smash Rookie
Mind sending along a link to the norcal PM group? Can't seem to find it for some reason. I live in belmont with some friends who also play smash, and would love to play others in the area.

d4ir

Smash Rookie
Mowg here in San Francisco, CA. I live in Ingleside, close to SF State Univ. and City College of SF. I mainly play Smash 64 and I used to play a lot of Melee. I don't play Brawl or Smash 4 hardly at all, and Project M is a real blessing for competitive-oriented smash players.

I'm looking for people to play Smash 64, Melee, or Project M with. I'm looking for the local Smash community in NorCal's most densely populated metropolitan area. Sometimes I wished that I lived in Arizona for this purpose, they seem to have a lot of talented smash players there. San Francisco Smash players! Lets get a game session going.

Im down.. How do we go about this?

Top Bottom