• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Regional from CGC Games - April 28th, 2013 - San Francisco, CA, USA

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/155333661285978/

Eventbrite Page
http://cgcprojectm51.eventbrite.com/

CGC Games is running it's second Project M tournament!

Grand Finals only: Best 3 out of 5 per set.

Check in 11am
Tournament Begins 12pm
Doubles Begins 12pm
Singles Begins 2pm
Tournament Ends 7pm - 8pm

The CGC has in house set ups and TVs but we could always use more! Bring a set up and we will all get more friendly games in through out the day. Unfortunately there is no provided discount for bringing a set up.

http://cgcprojectm51.eventbrite.com/
Signing up through here helps our exposer.
Say your going through Eventbrite!!

1.) Who the hell is GCFOX and CGC Games?

A: I've been a part of the smash community since 2001. I've also been a lurker since then for smash boards. My previous events have always been posted by another smasher. The SFSU Melee and Brawl events started under CGC Games. We've also done events for Gamespot Mall events. We've held over 100 events! 50 in the last 2 years across Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and the Smash Community. Point being, don't flip out because I have 3 posts on smash boards only. XD.

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
LOOKING FOR:

Live Streamers and shout casters!
Equipment provided by CGC Games. Additional equipment would definitely help! All games recorded will be uploaded to our Youtube Channel ' Gamer Talk'. If any other group and / or publication helps with the live streaming, they will also be able to upload that content to their site. All recorded matches must be uploaded to Gamer Talk!

Set Up Donations
We have storage space at this venue. If you have a CRT you would like to get rid of, donate it to us and we'll make good use of it!

$heen

Smash Ace
It's about time NorCal started hosting PM tournaments. I'd be down to stream this unless some professional streamers want it.

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
It's about time NorCal started hosting PM tournaments. I'd be down to stream this unless some professional streamers want it.
What kind of set up do you have? I don't think we'll have a paid professional kinda of live stream and we should definitely record as many games as possible!

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
$Sheen, you also live super close to me apparently. I'm from San Bruno. I live right next to Skyline College.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Haven't seen the name "CGC" for awhile! I hope SilentSpectre goes to this for old time's sake, even if it's for PM instead of Melee.

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
If you guys do come from far away, Let me know. I think I can house a few guys.

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
I have HEARD this event might overlap with a big MELEE event. I may push this back 1 week if it doesn't conflict with anything else but not sure yet. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thank god Smash Boards is back up!

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
I will try to make this and crush everyone with Luigi.
So the melee event on the same weekend, do you feel that the melee audience would want to come? I would hate to push it back for people that won't show up! lol

Oracle

Smash Master
What's the melee event?

Keep in mind that if you go back to the first week of may, then it will probably conflict with college students' finals

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
The Melee event is Norcal Regionals (NCR), which is a Road to EVO event. NCR and Winter Brawl (happening this month in Philly) are the only events with Melee that are giving out seeding points for EVO. All other seeding will be random with few exceptions.

Honestly I don't know how much attendance you'd lose, but I'd estimate at least 10 people.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Oh wait, shoot. There's a Melee event too? I wanna go to both. X_X It's not possible to have one on one day and one on the other, is it?

Sheridan, hit me up with details please. I'll try to bring Fly to whatever I go to.

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
Excellent plan. I will check with this venue this week. If I can push it to Sunday I will. I'll let you all know in a few days! Even I want to go to NCR. lol.

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
Attention everyone, I managed to change our venue booking. To avoid conflict with Nor Cal Regionals, this will be a sunday event starting a 11am! See you guys there!

Slikk

Smash Rookie
Any chance we can get something going for brawl as well??? That'd be too cool

FourStar

Smash Ace
Is there by any chance you can have these tournies in the silicon valley in the summer? I would greatly appreciate that! :D

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
I still play Brawl and I work in the Silicon Valley. I'm down to hang out but I work be hosting any events in the Silicon Valley.

GCFOX

Smash Rookie
2 Weeks left. Can anyone bring a set up? The more the better! Let me know if you can so we can sync up.
Just a quick check in:

1.) This is definitely happening
2.) Venue 100% Locked
3.) I'll arrive at 9am. You can come this early if you'd like.
4.) Official Doors open at 10am

We're going to have a blast!

Top Bottom