• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Red Version

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice

Project M: Red Version is designed to be a project that adds Pokémon Trainer (or as I'll refer to him here, Red), back to Project M. Obviously, there's a stigma of regarding Red due to his gimmicks and relation to Brawl. I can say with certainty that this project aims to bring Red back with no change to Project M's core gameplay. Things like Stamina and Switching are to be removed entirely. Switching may return as an easter egg, like a taunt or such but that's a long term plan.

Of course, PMDT didn't plan for Red to be present in 3.6, leaving behind many issues. These include issues with coding, switching, the game not being ready for PT to be there, and a general lack of consistency. These are all things I aim to adress. Many stages added in Project M don't support Red and his background shenanigans. As such, that's 69 stages that need looked at and evaluated. So while the main project won't be out for a while (due to lack of team members, though I'm hoping to get people interested, so if you want to help, check out #project-m-red-version in the Brawl Modding Workshop Discord), I'll be releasing the stages to be compatible with Brawl and Project M, with UI included for both. Once the core project is done, I'll be looking into doing other stages for other projects.​

Project M Stages:

Legacy TE Stages:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=216093

Additional Resources:

Last edited:

megamanofnumbers

Smash Cadet
This is a really interesting project. It was always disappointing that the PMDT removed the Pokemon Trainer (controversial as his inclusion was in vBrawl), what with him being such a unique asset.

Now I know, judging from your discord, that you're still focused on the technical aspects of his inclusion. Now I'm curious how you're going to accommodate for the separate 'mons in vPM. Is he just a background character whenever you play them or something else entirely?

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
This is a really interesting project. It was always disappointing that the PMDT removed the Pokemon Trainer (controversial as his inclusion was in vBrawl), what with him being such a unique asset.

Now I know, judging from your discord, that you're still focused on the technical aspects of his inclusion. Now I'm curious how you're going to accommodate for the separate 'mons in vPM. Is he just a background character whenever you play them or something else entirely?
He will reprise the exact role he played in vBrawl, besides switching, stamina etc. If possible, I may look into expanding him to make him more vocal in gameplay, like giving specific demands to his Pokémon (Flamethrower etc.), though that would probably require a voice actor. Technicalities are still being looked at.

Before I forget, Costumes:
Default PM has 6/2 for Squirtle and Charizard. On the other hand Ivysaur has 7/0 due to the lack of alt. This creates issues with the alt layout, and the team colors. As such, I'm going to remove the defaults as team colors and add Charizard and Squirtle's team colors, add Substitute Ivysaur as an alt, and make it a 7/2 system. Red will match this, hopefully having 7 default colors and 2 alt costume colors.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
I am quite interested in this. Would've been nice to just have the Pokemon Trainer in the background without the switching and all that from the get-go.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
New update. Also all previous updates received a VITAL update. Namely, "THE MODULES THEY NEED TO WORK."

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the inactivity. A lot of my focus has been shifting about as well as general lack of motivation and team members to allocate work to. As it stands, there's still only two team members, including myself.

With TE releasing, I wanted to aim to have Pokémon Trainer work there as well. That, of course, leaves a lot of work on our plate, even more so considering the lack of members and the fact I haven't gotten all the stages done yet.

As well as that, we haven't even touched preparing costumes etc. There's a lot more to do, but something I'm aiming for is to release a pack for Brawl. This pack would ideally have 10 recolors for each of the PokéQuartet, with UI using CSProject's Pokémon poses and reusing my S3C BL Red pose due to the unsurprising lack of PT in CSProject. In additional, I hope for it to offer two versions: Brawl colours with other recolours, and Project M colours with others. In addition, I aim to give users the choice between the "Pink" costume that Brawl uses, or the "Red" costume that I intend to use.

Hopefully that shows that we've not abandoned this project. As always, check out the workshop so you can see stuff like this (which is still a WIP and likely to be changed).

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to keep you waiting.

Legacy TE stages are being added to the To Do List, and I've scrapped UI for time's sake.

Additionally, these are things you should check out. UI Packs with CSProject in mind.

Last edited:

64smashmaster3ds

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKMNMaster
3DS FC
3368-3792-2945
Switch FC
SW-8128-4432-7031
Any chance this project is still in progress? It would be great to have the Pokémon Trainer in Project+.
Personally, I want to bring him back to the selection screen and move Mewtwo's data somehow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom