1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Red Version

Discussion in 'Customized Content' started by MaybeGerg, Apr 2, 2018.

1. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

[​IMG]

Project M: Red Version is designed to be a project that adds Pokémon Trainer (or as I'll refer to him here, Red), back to Project M. Obviously, there's a stigma of regarding Red due to his gimmicks and relation to Brawl. I can say with certainty that this project aims to bring Red back with no change to Project M's core gameplay. Things like Stamina and Switching are to be removed entirely. Switching may return as an easter egg, like a taunt or such but that's a long term plan.

Of course, PMDT didn't plan for Red to be present in 3.6, leaving behind many issues. These include issues with coding, switching, the game not being ready for PT to be there, and a general lack of consistency. These are all things I aim to adress. Many stages added in Project M don't support Red and his background shenanigans. As such, that's 69 stages that need looked at and evaluated. So while the main project won't be out for a while (due to lack of team members, though I'm hoping to get people interested, so if you want to help, check out #project-m-red-version in the Brawl Modding Workshop Discord), I'll be releasing the stages to be compatible with Brawl and Project M, with UI included for both. Once the core project is done, I'll be looking into doing other stages for other projects.

Project M Stages: Released 7/69

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 MaybeGerg, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Flambo237 and SylveonGives like this.
  2. ThoseUpAirsThough

ThoseUpAirsThough
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

Will this mod have the Pokèmon Trainer S3C skin(s)?

3. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I hope to include both Brawl style and S3C styles, but I don't have resources for a Brawl style version yet.

4. megamanofnumbers

megamanofnumbers
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Cadet

This is a really interesting project. It was always disappointing that the PMDT removed the Pokemon Trainer (controversial as his inclusion was in vBrawl), what with him being such a unique asset.

Now I know, judging from your discord, that you're still focused on the technical aspects of his inclusion. Now I'm curious how you're going to accommodate for the separate 'mons in vPM. Is he just a background character whenever you play them or something else entirely?

5. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

He will reprise the exact role he played in vBrawl, besides switching, stamina etc. If possible, I may look into expanding him to make him more vocal in gameplay, like giving specific demands to his Pokémon (Flamethrower etc.), though that would probably require a voice actor. Technicalities are still being looked at.

Before I forget, Costumes:
    Default PM has 6/2 for Squirtle and Charizard. On the other hand Ivysaur has 7/0 due to the lack of alt. This creates issues with the alt layout, and the team colors. As such, I'm going to remove the defaults as team colors and add Charizard and Squirtle's team colors, add Substitute Ivysaur as an alt, and make it a 7/2 system. Red will match this, hopefully having 7 default colors and 2 alt costume colors.

#5 MaybeGerg, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    Flambo237 likes this.
  6. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

New stage update.
    [​IMG]

Flambo237 likes this.
  7. Amazerommu

Amazerommu
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Lord

I am quite interested in this. Would've been nice to just have the Pokemon Trainer in the background without the switching and all that from the get-go.

8. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

New updates
    GHZ fixed.
    [​IMG]

Castle Siege PM added.
    [​IMG]

Flambo237 likes this.
  9. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Dropped stage names since it was getting bothersome.
    [​IMG]

Flambo237 likes this.
  10. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Saffron City HD but Greg removes Red to add Red.
    [​IMG]

Flambo237 and SylveonGives like this.
  11. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Minor thing because of the layout but I like completion.

[​IMG]

Flambo237 likes this.
  12. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

New update.
    [​IMG]

13. MaybeGerg

MaybeGerg
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice