• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Dott

Smash Ace
That's why I usually pick small maps. If you notice, when we are on small maps the matches rarely lasted more than 3 minutes. On bigger map the match lasted longer, but I really try to stick to my guns.

More room = more spacing = more camping = longer boring matches

So I also admit that when I am on a bigger map, I tend to camp. Bigger maps make it harder for me to read if the screen is constantly changing the zoom point. I usually have a frame disadvantage, meaning that my opponent's attacks have less start up lag and ending lag by the time my TV displays what's actually going on. A slight movement can easily throw off my approach or read. It's kind of sad, but hey I can't do anything about it. So I become ultra defensive, just so I don't become a salty punching bag.

However, I'm not going to be all "wah pls pick smaller stages and chars who don't move fast so I can have a chance at fighting while being as aggressive as I want!!! I don't want to fite u bcuz u no play the way I waaaant!"

Though if someone has the proper setup and barely has any delay, I usually try not to fight them. They teleport all over if they wavedash and attack almost instantly. What's worse is they often play Ganon, Falcon, Link, Tink, Fox, Falco, Samus, Ness, M2, Marth, or Lucas. So that means I'm getting poked by ridiculous range, ran over by there supersonic speeds, or I'm being slathered in a delicious spam glaze. :C #firstworldproblems
Of course there is something you can do! You can try character with no projectiles like Cap.Falcon or Meta Knight, that way you will be forced to know how to play another playstyle, i mean, offensive, and that will let you improve with your other characters!

And with the time, you will be able to do awesome combos with characters like Falcon that damn, those combos are always good to see.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Of course there is something you can do! You can try character with no projectiles like Cap.Falcon or Meta Knight, that way you will be forced to know how to play another playstyle, i mean, offensive, and that will let you improve with your other characters!

And with the time, you will be able to do awesome combos with characters like Falcon that damn, those combos are always good to see.
I dislike characters who lack projectiles, since it limits approaches and combos. I can be aggressive just fine. I mean those lightning kick just don't magically land themselves. lol

I tried Falcon but his speed and my delay were a gross combination. The one thing I noticed was that his knee is very easy to land compared to Zelda's lightning kicks. It wasn't as satisfying to use. And it felt like it was *the* kill option. I hate feeling limited. Tho it is prolly because of my setup and maybe not the character. *shrug*

So for online, I will just stick to the smaller stages and occasionally final destination. Which allows me to be aggressive with very little room for my opponents to run around. At least that way it makes it harder for them to take advantage of my delay. But those fast chars... Ug the teleporting. x.x

But anyway, my only problem is my tv. I'm pretty much just working with it. Can't tech chase, wavedash, dash dance, teledash tap jump, DI, break grabs, or even move properly but I make it work anyway. At least the princesses are versitile enough to get around it. Kiiiiiiiind of.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
GGs Mattchu. My Fox is gonna need more improvement or less lag that's for sure.

Top Bottom