• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M on disk

Syouka

Smash Rookie
Basically, I have installed on my Wii a program called uLoader, that lets you run unofficial/pirated games. So with that in mind, my question is: Is it possible to burn and run a Project M disk? And if so, should I try the hackless version or the homebrew version?

PS: I'm trying with disk because I can't download the homebrew version, because I don't own a 2gb SD, nor the hackless version, because I don't actually own Brawl.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
This is called "pirating" and is neither legal, nor endorsed by smashboards or project m.

Narpas_sword

Basically, I have installed on my Wii a program called uLoader, that lets you run unofficial/pirated games. So with that in mind, my question is: Is it possible to burn and run a Project M disk? And if so, should I try the hackless version or the homebrew version?

PS: I'm trying with disk because I can't download the homebrew version, because I don't own a 2gb SD, nor the hackless version, because I don't actually own Brawl.
sounds harder than buying an SD card tbh...

And you only need a 2gb card for hackless, you can use any size for homebrew

Weggieninja

Smash Rookie
Do you have a good computer? You can just play Project M using the Dolphin emulator. The Wii only goes to 480p so if you play PM on there, the graphics won't look good, compared to the HD graphics that Dolphin has.

That's really the only option that I can think of if you're not wiling to buy a 2GB SD card and a copy of Brawl. I wouldn't think that just burning PM on a disc and loading it up would work since you don't have the actual Brawl game which PM uses to load up itself, but I really have no idea if that would work. I don't own a Wii with Homebrew on it nor do I plan on putting Homebrew on mine regardless.

TheKirbyFan

Smash Cadet
Hmmm.
You'd need an experienced person to extract the contents of a pirated copy of SSBB, copy certain folders into the pirated contents (PM uses different folder names and locations), and then burn it onto a disc.
Be careful, though, because DVDs can only use 4.7 GB, and all Wii game ISOs have a ton of trash on them to make it look like it's 4.7 GB big. So you'd need WiiScruber (It gets rid of the trash in the ISO)

List of PC programs needed:
-WiiScubber
-DVD burner
-Some kind of archive editor (.iso is technically an archive)

Some homebrew apps can open .ISOs from discs.
-UsbLoaderGX
-I forgot the other one.

Top Bottom