• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Project M on a PAL Wii *UPDATED*

fsmile

Smash Rookie
I realize it's been a while since anyone posted, but I thought I'd give it a shot. First off: great guide - thanks a bunch. Followed your instruction and everything worked out, with the exception of loading PM itself. When I attempt to turn ocarina in USB loader gx on, I am informed that there are no cheat codes for this game. I am then asked whether I would want to download some from the internet. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How do I work around it?

EDIT: sorry, I missed a post. Had to set ocarina through the "Game Load" menu option instead of the "Ocarina" option

Last edited:

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
OKAY! WHY ARE MY FILES WRITE-PROTECTED?!?! Now i can't fix it, HELP!

EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
I did all of this, PM works on my Wii now but there are some slightly..Wierd things.

For one, the SSE is still in brawl mode in terms of physics and such, also whenever I pick a stage in versus mode the game freezes for a split few seconds before loading the stage.

And stamina mode isn't functioning the way it's supposed to I think, I thought we weren't supposed to die by flying off the stage anymore but I still do.

Spluvin

Smash Cadet
What to do if I don't have my pin code (pal wii).

Edit: I solved it

Last edited:

Spluvin

Smash Cadet
I bought a 8 gb usb stick. The brawl iso is too large as the usb stick only has 7.26 gb of space. Should i feel dumb?

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm on the phone to the dev team right now Jamie.
They say to look around your bed room. If there are more than 2 pieces of Earthbound merchandise in the room, you may proceed by feeling dumb.

Last edited:

Spluvin

Smash Cadet
When I try to run the game (ocarina turned on and 'hooktype' on AXNextFrame), I get the error sd:/codes/RSBE01.gct does not exist. What could have went wrong? When extracting the USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip to the SD's root folder there was one folder from the homebrew.zip of which I choose not to replace. I don't have a codes folder on my SD at all.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
When I try to run the game (ocarina turned on and 'hooktype' on AXNextFrame), I get the error sd:/codes/RSBE01.gct does not exist. What could have went wrong? When extracting the USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip to the SD's root folder there was one folder from the homebrew.zip of which I choose not to replace. I don't have a codes folder on my SD at all.
Grab the homebrew.zip archive again and extract the /codes/ folder onto the root of your sd.

Spluvin

Smash Cadet
Grab the homebrew.zip archive again and extract the /codes/ folder onto the root of your sd.
I can't see why my SD card didn't store all files. I preformed a format and added all files once agian and this time I got the codes folder. It works now, thanks!

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I'm on hackmii and get an error instead of the download. 4.3E checked. Is there a substitute for letterbomb?

jd1995

Smash Rookie
I followed the steps in the guide and when I try to change the settings for Brawl on my USB Loader GX I can enable Ocarina But can't find an option to change hooktype. When i load the game I get a message saying "one of the files in the Codes folder of my SD cards has 256 lines of code and may cause unexpected errors" (Heavily Paraphrased as the message disappears to quickly to see) then Brawl will load as the normal version.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I followed the steps in the guide and when I try to change the settings for Brawl on my USB Loader GX I can enable Ocarina But can't find an option to change hooktype. When i load the game I get a message saying "one of the files in the Codes folder of my SD cards has 256 lines of code and may cause unexpected errors" (Heavily Paraphrased as the message disappears to quickly to see) then Brawl will load as the normal version.
This is probably because you forgot to copy the gameconfig.txt to the sd card.

You should have these folders and files at least. Hooktype will just be under "hooktype" in the game options in USB Loader. Change it to AXNextFrame.

jd1995

Smash Rookie
This is probably because you forgot to copy the gameconfig.txt to the sd card.

You should have these folders and files at least. Hooktype will just be under "hooktype" in the game options in USB Loader. Change it to AXNextFrame.
I checked and i have all of those files, but in USB Loader GX I don't have an option for hooktype, should I download a different USB Loader?

Spluvin

Smash Cadet
is an 8GB USB stick and a 4GB SD card enough?
The brawl iso didn't fit on my 8GB USB stick. I never formated it with the WBFS manager however (don't know if it matters). Instead I bought a 16GB USB stick. A 4GB SD card is big enough.

Verduyn

Smash Cadet
Just an FYI the Dropbox link is dead which made the whole process much more difficult

heavyxfriends

Smash Rookie
I loaded it up and it worked fine so I turned ocarina on and loaded up Smash. This results in it telling me "RSBE01.gct contains over 256 lines of code" and that I will get unexpected results, it then loads up brawl with no Project M! Please help!
I'm having this exact problem, could anyone help?

EDIT: If anyone has this problem, its because you're using an old version of USB Loader GX
To follow this guide (as the Dropbox Link is now dead) you will need:

USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip
&
USB Loader GX 4.3 Updated Version.rar

-

If you have any trouble with the USB not being recognised, reformat the HDD.

Also if you're a Mac user you can use Witgui instead of WBFS Manager

I hope this helps at least one person get PM working!

Last edited:

ParzivalAran

Smash Rookie
I'm having this exact problem, could anyone help?

EDIT: If anyone has this problem, its because you're using an old version of USB Loader GX
To follow this guide (as the Dropbox Link is now dead) you will need:

USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip
&
USB Loader GX 4.3 Updated Version.rar

-

If you have any trouble with the USB not being recognised, reformat the HDD.

Also if you're a Mac user you can use Witgui instead of WBFS Manager

I hope this helps at least one person get PM working!
I'm having this same problem, any links for download? And do I need to uninstall the USB loader I already have?

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Fantastic instructions, this worked for me on my Wii perfectly the first try. My brother is very happy now.

Quick question, where is the Project M save data stored? If I start a save file in Project M (I haven't been saving yet), will I still be able to keep my completed Brawl file that's saved to the system memory and can't be transferred to another Wii?

Who Knows?

Smash Rookie
Hey yo, been getting the same problem again and again. Tried the Brawl iso out on USB Loader GX as both a .iso and .wbfs/wbf1 and didn't have any luck- once you click on "Brawl" in the list it keeps booting straight back to the Homebrew channel if I launched USB Loader from there, or the Wii Menu if I accessed the channel that-a-way. currently my drive is formatted to ntfs, default file size (4GB...?)
It is stored properly afaik (wbfs/Brawl [RSBE01]/game.iso) and I've checked through the settings (ios249,hooktype,NTFS,ocarina on/of) but it won't budge.

All files on SD are as per program: apps, codes, projectm, wad, changelog, readme- unless their contents is incorrect. My card also has stuff for setting up homebrew, and 20XX hack pack probably.

Narpas, if you're there, I implore you to help your fellow countryman out! I worked through issues with 20XX when i set that up (booted from SD card tho), so without sounding overconfident, some indication of what generally causes this reboot to home menu would be helpful at least. Thanks!

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Hey yo, been getting the same problem again and again. Tried the Brawl iso out on USB Loader GX as both a .iso and .wbfs/wbf1 and didn't have any luck- once you click on "Brawl" in the list it keeps booting straight back to the Homebrew channel if I launched USB Loader from there, or the Wii Menu if I accessed the channel that-a-way. currently my drive is formatted to ntfs, default file size (4GB...?)
It is stored properly afaik (wbfs/Brawl [RSBE01]/game.iso) and I've checked through the settings (ios249,hooktype,NTFS,ocarina on/of) but it won't budge.

All files on SD are as per program: apps, codes, projectm, wad, changelog, readme- unless their contents is incorrect. My card also has stuff for setting up homebrew, and 20XX hack pack probably.

Narpas, if you're there, I implore you to help your fellow countryman out! I worked through issues with 20XX when i set that up (booted from SD card tho), so without sounding overconfident, some indication of what generally causes this reboot to home menu would be helpful at least. Thanks!
If you launch with codes off, does brawl work?

Who Knows?

Smash Rookie
Right, first thing to solve is that. Try formatting the drive to wfbs instead of notes.
Oh wow, that was easy. PM is running fine. I suppose that's the benefit of an expert telling a newbie to retry what they already thought they had. Thanks Narpas!

Splice

Smash Hero
I can't believe there is a guy who plays Marth, with a majoras avatar called "Who Knows?" that isn't my friend from high school
I was hyped for a second
enjoy playing pm anyway, dude from NZ

Who Knows?

Smash Rookie
I can't believe there is a guy who plays Marth, with a majoras avatar called "Who Knows?" that isn't my friend from high school
I was hyped for a second
enjoy playing pm anyway, dude from NZ
Haha will do

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Fantastic instructions, this worked for me on my Wii perfectly the first try. My brother is very happy now.

Quick question, where is the Project M save data stored? If I start a save file in Project M (I haven't been saving yet), will I still be able to keep my completed Brawl file that's saved to the system memory and can't be transferred to another Wii?
It saves it to the system memory but NTSC and PAL Brawl save data is different so if your completed Brawl file is from the PAL version of the game it will create a seperate file for PM.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
It saves it to the system memory but NTSC and PAL Brawl save data is different so if your completed Brawl file is from the PAL version of the game it will create a seperate file for PM.
Thanks for letting me know. I stopped worrying once I tried out my Brawl disc and it seemed safe to save a PM file. All is good. :)

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Hey gurls. I'm kinda stuck on getting this to work.

I tried to follow the steps as close as I could (though I had to use Witgui instead of WBFS manager because I'm on a Mac). I wasn't too sure what I had to do with Witgui but I got the Brawl .iso onto the USB stick as two .wbfs/wbf1 files (split at 4Gb).

When I first plugged in the USB stick into the outermost USB port, it let me through into USB Loader GX but nothing showed up. I turned on Ocarina though before I turned the Wii off. After I turned it off I took out the stick then plugged it back in & now it keeps freezing when I try to load up the USB Loader, both from the Wii Menu & the Homebrew Channel

Also I'm using a 16Gb USB 3.0 stick if that makes any sort of difference

Sorry if I couldn't explain it better (I'm not the best with computer ****) or something & thank you for reading lol

Maaagnus

Smash Rookie
Thank you so much for this! Great guide. Project M is great and I really love the game.

Aidan25

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aidan
3DS FC
0361-7892-7562
Am I able to do this with just a 2GB USB or do I need to use an SD card in tandem with it? Also do any of you have a Mac and if so, could you please guide me through this? Cheers.

Top Bottom