• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Project M on a PAL Wii *UPDATED*

Daelor

Smash Rookie
So after not touching Project M for months I decided to come back to it. I go to USBLoaderGX and upon loading I get this message:

So it's not reading my USB drive anymore for some reason. Any help?

Powerhouse464

Smash Rookie
When i download the Dropbox thing in step 6, i only get one folder which says "USBLoaderFiles" and there's nothing about two folders called "USB Loader GX" and "Files". I tried using those files anyway, but when i run Homebrew it only shows the GX Uploader, nothing about IOS and Gamma and stuff

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to run 3.5 but no luck so far. I could run 3.0 no problem but now I can't nail the right loader configuration.
Video mode PAL60 and PAl480p swap red and blue colors, PAL50 colors are fine but the game runs slowly, NTSC and NTSC480p just turn everything red. All this regardless of hooktype.
Has anyone had any luck with this?

2 +

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to run 3.5 but no luck so far. I could run 3.0 no problem but now I can't nail the right loader configuration.
Video mode PAL60 and PAl480p swap red and blue colors, PAL50 colors are fine but the game runs slowly, NTSC and NTSC480p just turn everything red. All this regardless of hooktype.
Has anyone had any luck with this?
Have you tried formatting your SD card and reinstalling the files? Did you properly remove all old p:m files, not just the ones in the project m folder? In switching from 3.02 to 3.5 I didn't have to change any settings on my wii/homebrew, only had to update the SD card.

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Have you tried formatting your SD card and reinstalling the files? Did you properly remove all old p:m files, not just the ones in the project m folder? In switching from 3.02 to 3.5 I didn't have to change any settings on my wii/homebrew, only had to update the SD card.
I removed all Project M content and copied the new folders. I doubt I have to format since everything else is working fine.
Can you please post you settings so I can copy them and see if they're working for me?

2 +

Smash Cadet
I removed all Project M content and copied the new folders. I doubt I have to format since everything else is working fine.
Can you please post you settings so I can copy them and see if they're working for me?
I'll post tomorrow if you haven't resolved it by then. cbf right now

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
Fixed it. Turns out it was NOT a configuration issue but something guides never mention. You need a COMPONENT cable to play Project M. A scart connection will not do. I decided to give it a spin after reading this http://smashboards.com/threads/problems-project-m-3-0-on-crt-b-w-flickering-etc.348624/ and remembering I changed the component to scart on my wii a couple of months ago to use the component on my WiiU+subwoofer setup.
In the end, this was my Wii setup:

PAL Wii with COMPONENT cable to Full HD led TV
USB Loader GX with NTSC Brawl Iso
Video Mode: NTSC
Hooktype: VBI

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Change hooktype to AXNextFrame, for less glitches and more stability.

I don't have SCART, but P:M runs fine for me with composite. For LCD TV you better stick with component since it looks best on it, and gives the ability to run on 480p, which you'll need.

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
So I've followed this guide to the dot and it's not working..... whenever i try loading it, only brawl loads, what should I do?

Catchleeifyoucan

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

so I followed your instructions however its still not working. I can play one game however it consistently freezes when I pick a stage after the first game. This happens regardless of hooktype and video type. I've tried reformatting my sd card and reinstalling the files but its still not working.

Also just a quick question about step 11. When you move both the homebrew files and the USBLoader_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249 files to the sd card do you merge both "app" files together?

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
'apps' folder is unimportant, just make sure Gecko 1.9.3.1 is in there.

Video mode NTSC, hooktype AXNextFrame. Don't change settings after that.

Not sure what to suggest about the freezing though. Can you run regular Brawl without freezing? Turn off Ocarina in 'Game Load' settings and see if Brawl can run without problems.

Catchleeifyoucan

Smash Rookie
oh the instructions didn't say anything about gecko. Do i need to install gecko before putting that program in the 'apps' folder?

Brawl works fine although i only checked it for about 15 mins

I've been using micro sds and using an sd adapter as well as a usb adapter. Do i need to use a proper usb and sd card specifically?

Last edited:

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
oh the instructions didn't say anything about gecko. Do i need to install gecko before putting that program in the 'apps' folder?

Brawl works fine although i only checked it for about 15 mins

I've been using micro sds and using an sd adapter as well as a usb adapter. Do i need to use a proper usb and sd card specifically?
nope, you dont need gecko. micro SD is fine, no bigger than 8GB though

Ludini

Smash Rookie
I need help I can load project M fine but when I select a stage on Versus the game often crashes. Btw I used a similar guide on reddit but I decided to post my problem here since its more active.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Change hooktype to AXNextFrame
Check if your SD card is locked, previous poster had a similar problem.
If it doesn't work, try to describe your problem with more detail if possible.

spooky witch

Smash Rookie
NNID
spookywitch
thanks for the guide, worked great! i'm having audio issues tho (music is all messed up), anyone else experienced this playing project m on a pal wii?

Jaax

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItzzJak
"Put your SD card into your computer and do a quick format." format to FAT32?

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
thanks for the guide, worked great! i'm having audio issues tho (music is all messed up), anyone else experienced this playing project m on a pal wii?
is your wii hacked or hackles? for a hacked wii building a projectm iso or wbfs file is the best way.

Jaax

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItzzJak
Letterbomb just won't show up. I've done everything right!!!!
I type my correct MAC adress, I check bundle hackmii and whatever and I formatted my 2gb SD Card to FAT32 using the windows formater and unchecked quick format while doing so. I extract all files from the letterbomb zip to my sd card and then I remove gamecube controllers and Gamecube memory cards from my wii and put my sd card in my Wii whilst it's off.
So I turn it on and go to message board and then go a couple of days back and then forth but find nothing.

I've done it 8 times and it still wont show up but this may be why.
When I go to message board it's a day behind but it's the same date
E.G it's the 18th of January and it's a Sunday but it says that it's 18th of January, Saturday.

2 +

Smash Cadet
E.G it's the 18th of January and it's a Sunday but it says that it's 18th of January, Saturday.
Is the year set correctly in the date settings?

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
Letterbomb just won't show up. I've done everything right!!!!
I type my correct MAC adress, I check bundle hackmii and whatever and I formatted my 2gb SD Card to FAT32 using the windows formater and unchecked quick format while doing so. I extract all files from the letterbomb zip to my sd card and then I remove gamecube controllers and Gamecube memory cards from my wii and put my sd card in my Wii whilst it's off.
So I turn it on and go to message board and then go a couple of days back and then forth but find nothing.

I've done it 8 times and it still wont show up but this may be why.
make sure it's the 4.3E version. I've had some trouble with finding it in the calendar. It SHOULD show up on the previous day to when the file was created. So if you were to download it now, it should show up on the 18th of Jan on the Wii calendar

Jaax

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItzzJak
open up the second folder 'Files' and extract all these files onto the root directory of your SD card. your SD card root directory should have files such as 'wad', 'textcodes' etc on it, rather than all of these files in one folder.
So do I put the files 'apps, wad, changelog and readme' onto my sd card?

Jaax

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItzzJak
okay so what do I put onto my SD card for step 6?
USB Loader GX 4.3 Updated Version?
or usbloader_gx_v3_0_Allinone package
I tried putting USB Loader GX 4.3 Updated Version on my SD card but when I put it in my Wii and went to the Homebrew channel, nothing came up, just a blue screen and bubbles.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
How does the save data work since it's an NTSC Brawl ISO? Will it share the same data (even when PM is installed) as my PAL copy?

And is there any harm in trimming the NTSC Brawl ISO with WBFS manager?

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Made it to step #9, but I can't find a Brawl Iso anywhere unfortunately. If I had access to a pre-existing one I'd be mighty grateful!

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Made it to step #9, but I can't find a Brawl Iso anywhere unfortunately. If I had access to a pre-existing one I'd be mighty grateful!
You have to find one on the internet and download it. But it's only legal if you own a legitimate retail copy of the game, otherwise it's piracy.

It needs to be an NTSC iso, by the way.

Extranius

Smash Rookie
Hi, I can't install the cIOSX rev20b. Every time I run the installer, I choose the version I want to install and then my controller disconnects and I can't do anything but restart the Wii.
Want am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
I'm intending to pick up a cheap Wii (25 bucks from cashies) to use as a Project M machine. Is the op up-to-date in terms of the links and downloads you need to get it working?

Ahebrleste

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, today I decided to install Project M 3.5 following all the instructions as they were presented. However, whenever I try to load my USB driver (a normal thumb driver) USB loader GX says: "waiting for HDD, "x" seconds remaining".
The problem is I hacked my wii previously, following Achilles instructions to install 20XX, so some applications were already installed.
Now I can't load ANY USB from my Wii. I tried to use an HDD for this Project M thing, and still it didn't work, USB Loader kept waiting for an HDD. So now I can't play PM nor 20XX

Top Bottom