• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Project M on a PAL Wii *UPDATED*

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
You gotta play them all! Overtime you'd see which chars you're having more progress/fun with.
Congrats on making it work btw, enjoy P:M.

BlazingBlueWolf

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazingBlueWolf
:mario2::wolf::lucario::snake: These guys are awesome, but :samus2: is just godly. Her ice attacks are so much fun to use! Oh thanks for helping by the way:b:

MTGod

Smash Champion
So I spent about 5 hours over the last week trying to get the game to work with no success.

Then I found this guide, started from scratch, and got it first try in about 30 mins.

Why can't you just run the internet from now on? It'd be much easier to navigate.

Thank you for the guide.

Raszero

Smash Rookie
Step 11, now leads to a 404, I click what I think is dowload link and the webpage is blank. Does anyone have a mirror?

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
Step 11, now leads to a 404, I click what I think is dowload link and the webpage is blank. Does anyone have a mirror?
funny that, i also noticed that last night and found another link, i'll get it and update

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
hey @ ndowner ndowner can you update the original post to include changing the hooktype to AXNextFrame? I don't know what is does exactly, but it did remove very minor glitches I used to experience occasionally when playing Single Player or with items on. Cheers

TheExtracter

Smash Rookie
Im also having issues. When i run brawl for usb loader, works fine but then i try load it with ocarina on etc. and i have homebrew 3.02 it just runs brawl with the pm characters. I downloaded pm demo v2.5 and it works fine. I don't understand why 3.0 doesn't work :C

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Im also having issues. When i run brawl for usb loader, works fine but then i try load it with ocarina on etc. and i have homebrew 3.02 it just runs brawl with the pm characters. I downloaded pm demo v2.5 and it works fine. I don't understand why 3.0 doesn't work :C
So, the first thing is, if uve loaded 2.5 and its working - its because uve used the installer.

(thankyou to 1ampercent for the following)
'Go to ur sd card:

Starting from 3.00 and onwards, P:M has its own folder 'projectm'. I recommend starting from scratch and downloading the Homebrew full set of 3.02 (if you haven't already). http://projectmgame.com/en/download. You do not need the private/wii/app/RSBE folder anymore so you can delete or save it to your PC as archives/backup.

Replace the RSBE01.gct in SD/codes folder with the one from 3.02.

Place projectm folder in the SD card directly, there's no need to do any manual replacing unless you're into editing music/textures and stuff.

You'll load Project M the same way as previous versions by loading Brawl in USB Loader GX, with the settings I provided in the OP (turning Ocarina ON), while changing video mode to Force NTSC, and hooktype to AXNextFrame.'

Tl:dr
Check ur settings on usb loader (with 3.1 version running) - make sure theyre on
' video to Force NTSC, and hooktype to AXNextFrame Ocarina On'

If that doesnt work - use the installer for 2.5 and follow the instructions above the tl:dr

Last edited:

TheExtracter

Smash Rookie
I already tried that and it didn't work. 3.0 doesn't work on its own, and when i take 2.5 and replace the codes thing and add projectm it also doesn't work, it just loads brawl with the pm characters.

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
ok, so firstly, if your going to say 'it doesnt work' we cant help - you need to give us details..
firstly, go through step by step how u specifically followed the guide - make sure uve followed the guide - where are you up to in the process?
Above you say brawl works - so i assume that means uve got a brawl ntsc file ur loading from usb loader - and its successful as brawl. - turn off ocarina and make sure its running brawl as straight vanilla ntsc brawl - then try axnetframe, force ntsc and ocarina on.

Otherwise:
If uve got 2.5 working through the installer you should be able to replace those files, make sure u delete the folder that isnt in use anymore and replace the rsb01e (or whatever that file is) with the one from homebrew (which should be the 3.1 uve dled from the Pm website

Check to make sure ur using the homebrew version and uve dragged all of the files into the directory of ur sd card.
Then use those settings and see if it works.
If it doesnt then use the installer on ur sd card to load 2.5 and then do the replacement, if it doesnt work then uve messed up somewhere along the process of installing homebrew/usbloader

Last edited:

TheExtracter

Smash Rookie
ok, vanilla brawl works. What i got from the installer for 2.5 is a folder apps, with Gecko1931 in it, a folder called codes, one called private. a png called background and a txt file called gameconfig. With all that in my sd card, pm 2.5 works. Now i replace the file in codes with the one from homebrew 3.0, and add the projectm folder from homebrew. It doesnt work. Yes i do have axnetfram, force ntsc and ocarina on.

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so if uve deleted the private/wii etc folder, uve replaced the RSBE01.gct in SD/codes folder with the one from 3.02.
copy the 'project m' folder from 3.02 - the ssd,
make sure the ssd is not an abbreviation or called 'project m'
with both the pm files n the usb loader files (for launch) it should look like this:

Raszero

Smash Rookie
Thanks, also of note is wbfs manager hyperlink is incorrect, >/ is part of the hyperlink so it doesnt load unless ya remove that

I have one issue though. I get right into the game, it asks me if I want to make a new save file. I said no and got a white screen. I cleared some space, said yes, white screen. I get a white screen after the load every time, whether I load brawl or project M. Any ideas? Thanks!

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, also of note is wbfs manager hyperlink is incorrect, >/ is part of the hyperlink so it doesnt load unless ya remove that

I have one issue though. I get right into the game, it asks me if I want to make a new save file. I said no and got a white screen. I cleared some space, said yes, white screen. I get a white screen after the load every time, whether I load brawl or project M. Any ideas? Thanks!
Since its happening with both brawl and pm the issue is not ur sd card or the files of it as yet (by that i mean, problems with that might still be there even if you fix your current issue).
If its happening with brawl too, its means there is an issue with the file on the usb.
This could be a range of things including:
Capacity/type of usb
source of ISO code
format of game (have to be in wbfs>Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl_[RSBE01] (which is my iso's original name)>RSBE01.wbf1 & RSBE01.wbfs
Wii having problem reading the usb
Wrong usb slot (one doesnt work, cant rem one specifically)
Error with the loader your using?
Are you using usb loader gx? if so have you followed the homebrew > usb loader guide posted in the OP?

Just a few things, not sure what it is

Last edited:

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much kind sir, pm i working and you are the best
nws, i tried pretty rigorously to find information on this and had to figure out most of the issues on intuition + these guides and 1ampercent who finaly solved my settings issue.
Its mostly process of elimination.
My next goal is to get my online working - but its not just like loading files onto cards n usb's, i have to port through my router - doing it tomorrow afternoon
Have fun with PM^

Raszero

Smash Rookie
Since its happening with both brawl and pm the issue is not ur sd card or the files of it as yet (by that i mean, problems with that might still be there even if you fix your current issue).
If its happening with brawl too, its means there is an issue with the file on the usb.
This could be a range of things including:
Capacity/type of usb
source of ISO code
format of game (have to be in wbfs>Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl_[RSBE01] (which is my iso's original name)>RSBE01.wbf1 & RSBE01.wbfs
Wii having problem reading the usb
Wrong usb slot (one doesnt work, cant rem one specifically)
Error with the loader your using?
Are you using usb loader gx? if so have you followed the homebrew > usb loader guide posted in the OP?

Just a few things, not sure what it is
My USB stick is 16gb, I had to order a new one cause my oldest largest was 8gb. The comments on the website seemed to indicate the .iso file was good, wouldn't know how else to check.
My .iso is called "-Brawl.iso"? I'm not sure exactly what else ya mean by this, I used WBFS to send it over to USB
It reads the USB okay up to a point at least, when loading brawl it has the wrist strap screen and Project M it has a similar screen.
One USB slot didn't even pick up the USB stick so im using the one that does
Im using USBloaderGX, as far as I can tell I followed the instructions and loads my usb stick, showing brawl in it straight from wii menu

Also I just realized this is australia forum (found thread via google) and im United Kingdom PAL, would this make any difference?

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
My USB stick is 16gb, I had to order a new one cause my oldest largest was 8gb. The comments on the website seemed to indicate the .iso file was good, wouldn't know how else to check.
My .iso is called "-Brawl.iso"? I'm not sure exactly what else ya mean by this, I used WBFS to send it over to USB
It reads the USB okay up to a point at least, when loading brawl it has the wrist strap screen and Project M it has a similar screen.
One USB slot didn't even pick up the USB stick so im using the one that does
Im using USBloaderGX, as far as I can tell I followed the instructions and loads my usb stick, showing brawl in it straight from wii menu

Also I just realized this is australia forum (found thread via google) and im United Kingdom PAL, would this make any difference?

On the usb, make a folder called 'wbfs' on the root, then put the formatted wbfs brawl folder into it, try that

Raszero

Smash Rookie
How could I do this? I cant open my usb without formatting it, which would delete my .iso
Can I check your video settings? I think I had an issue similar to this with the freeloader years ago. Im currently using composite cables, 480p, widescreen

Swswan

Smash Journeyman
im not sure on my specific settings - however im running it through the standard cables, only changes ive made are the ones ive listed.
put your usb into your computer - you should be able to open the usb. check your permissions
if you cant, you will need to reformat your usb, reload the iso onto the wbfs manager and then access the usb - make the wbfs folder, and put in the formatted game.
check ur usb compatability too.

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
it has come to my attention that some of the files have been taken down, i have them saved to my computer and will upload shortly

2 +

Smash Cadet
Does Project M run on a Pal WII U's wii mode?
Wii U doesn't have gc controller inputs, but supposedly you can still run homebrew on the wii U. You can get a second hand wii for less than $50 pretty easily and you'd be better off doing this. Even if you don't like gc controllers almost anyone who would want to play with you would prefer this.

Mungefuddler

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the response. So in theory it's possible.? I have the details for installing homebrew onto the WiiU wii mode but wanted to clarify if this works on PAL. I have a PAL system, a PAL copy of the game and an NTSC ISO.

I'll give it a shot and see!

Mephisto_DCIX

Smash Rookie
When I load up Smash Bros. from within usb loader, it tells me that: "RSBE01.gct contains over 256 lines of code" and then proceeds to load up smash without any of the Project M stuff. Smash works fine but I can't seem to get Project M to work. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
Thanks for the response. So in theory it's possible.? I have the details for installing homebrew onto the WiiU wii mode but wanted to clarify if this works on PAL. I have a PAL system, a PAL copy of the game and an NTSC ISO.

I'll give it a shot and see!
pretty sure it is possible, no idea how to go about it though.

When I load up Smash Bros. from within usb loader, it tells me that: "RSBE01.gct contains over 256 lines of code" and then proceeds to load up smash without any of the Project M stuff. Smash works fine but I can't seem to get Project M to work. Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
i have no idea what the problem is lel, please give more information

so assuming brawl works fine, maybe you haven't changed the usb loader settings? make sure ocarina is turned ON, there are a lot of other things you can change but i dont think any of them matter for this. if ocarina is on and the PM files aren't loading then maybe there's an issue there?

did you use this guide? if you did everything step by step it should be working. if not then yeah, no idea why

Mephisto_DCIX

Smash Rookie
pretty sure it is possible, no idea how to go about it though.

i have no idea what the problem is lel, please give more information

so assuming brawl works fine, maybe you haven't changed the usb loader settings? make sure ocarina is turned ON, there are a lot of other things you can change but i dont think any of them matter for this. if ocarina is on and the PM files aren't loading then maybe there's an issue there?

did you use this guide? if you did everything step by step it should be working. if not then yeah, no idea why
I followed all the steps and ocarina is turned on! I am going to format my sd card and start again,see if that helps.
Thanks for the fast reply :)

Mephisto_DCIX

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I formatted the card and followed the steps again, I got the step where I was trying to load USB loader from the channel on the wii. It was kicking me back to the wii menu every time so I tried launching the homebrew channel but there was nothing there. I figured I had copied something to the wrong directory so formatted and followed step 11 again, same result, so I decided to copy the "USB Loader GX 4.3 Updated Version" files to the SD card as well. I then went to the homebrew channel and the USB loader was there, so I loaded it up and it worked fine so I turned ocarina on and loaded up Smash. This results in it telling me "RSBE01.gct contains over 256 lines of code" and that I will get unexpected results, it then loads up brawl with no Project M! Please help!

Mephisto_DCIX

Smash Rookie
OK, well after all this time I have finally got it working. I tried using a different sd card and for seemingly no reason that fixed the problem! :)

Mungefuddler

Smash Rookie
OK so I'm falling at the first hurdle when trying to install the correct IOS for USB Loader....anyone care to advise me on why im getting this msg?

Last edited:

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
OK so I'm falling at the first hurdle when trying to install the correct IOS for USB Loader....anyone care to advise me on why im getting this msg?

I do remember something similar happening to me, I just kept trying and it worked eventually.

ndowner

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4856-6512
do you have to use a >2GB SD Card for this?
nah 2GB SD will work, so will 4GB and 8GB. the wii wont read anything above 8GB

also it doesn't matter if it's SD or SDHC or microSD/SDHC using an adapter, as long as it's <= 8GB it'll work

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
so using an 8GB sd card, I
- got USB Loader GX
- extracted homebrew.zip to SD root
- opened NTSC-U SSBB
- set ocarina to on in USB loader settings and kept it "Use Global" for Brawl settings
- set hooktype to AXNextFrame

not working :\
i get the custom CSS and the default is 4 stocks but when i try playing the game crashes

Last edited:
Top Bottom