• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M not displaying in fullscreen on Wii U

RandySteele992

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it's supposed to be like this but I boot up the Project M loader through the homebrew Channel and Project M plays fine but there are huge black bars on each side like it's displaying in 4:3 even when set on widescreen. Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
After a certain Wii U update, Virtual Console games and a few other things were set to be displayed using only a 4:3 portion of the screen, so even if you change settings on your TV, certain homebrew channels will not load in 16:9 like they used to. There IS a way around it: use USB Loader GX, install the channel forwarder onto the Wii menu so the aspect ratio stays at 16:9, and launch everything from there (or use an ISO + Ocarina or something). I'm not sure if the Project M loader can be loaded through GX since I've never used it, but those are your options if you want to play Project M in widescreen. That's how I do it, anyway. Note that this will require you to install custom/hacked cIOSes, which can be tricky if you don't know what you're doing, but there are plenty of guides available.

TheEnlightetenedOne

Smash Rookie
I have an easy solution. Just open the mii channel and then exit and it will take you to the hombrew channel in fullscreen.

Top Bottom