• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M/Melee - Monthlies at Waterloo: A New Era - November 2nd, 2013 - Waterloo ON

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
We're trying to bring back SMASH BROS ACTION in Waterloo.

When: Saturday November 2nd

Where: RCH Engineering Hall at University of Waterloo

This is the same building that Sanuzi used if you remember that.

If you Google "43.470269,-80.54075" you can directions right to it.

We'll be on the second floor in room 212.

Price: $5 for Melee singles, $5 for Project M singles
(we'll run doubles if there's time/demand)

Prizes: 60:30:10 1st:2nd:3rd distribution of pot

Melee Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Stage Striking format
•Tournament seeded by skill
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage.
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing is allowed
Stages:

Neutral:
Fountian of Dreams (singles exclusively)
Pokemon Stadium (teams exclusively)
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Final Destination
Battlefield
Counterpick:
Pokemon Stadium (singles exclusively)

(shamelessly copy/pasted from Josh's post)

Project M:

Same rules as Melee

Stages:
-Strike 1-2-2-1 for neutral
-Players can ban 4 stages from counterpick

Bottom row of first page is neutral
First page is counter pick

Campus Map:

Schedule:
9am: Setup
10am: Casuals
11-12: Registration
12: Project M pools
1:30: Melee pools
3: Project M bracket
4: Melee bracket
5: Melee/Project M Finals
6: Doubles (if there's interest/time)

Setups:
-Bring your own controller (obviously)
-We are hoping to have 9 TVs. Please bring more if you can! We can't have too many!!
-We have 3 Project M and 3 Melee setups. Please bring more if you can!
-Also bring powerbars if you can!!

(Make sure to tag your stuff, keep track of it, all that good stuff)

Stream:
We're hoping to stream at:
http://www.twitch.tv/keatstalol

based

Smash Rookie
Probably goona come to this since I was planning on coming back for the weekend (I'm on coop in Toronto) .) goodbye, plans with friends and family.

hariooo

Smash Apprentice
post this on ur ddr page and ask brody from mccabe's if you can cross advertise on their page. be cool to get a 32 man turnout (since there's prolly less people with entrance fee and all)

JMilk

Smash Rookie
Me and my 2 friends are new to competitive smash and are really interested in this. Compared to more experienced players we'll probably get ***** but we will at least take it seriously. Got 4 controllers, a cube, a wii, and two melee discs if you need anything. Sorry, no crt though

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
aight so we gots a car of me niko chalcogen k-oh and hikari, if the driver flops then it'll prolly just be me niko and k-oh busing there.

SyphiliS

Smash Cadet
Steven we need to find a bigger, more accessible classroom, with working power outlets and preferably windows as well.
Not sure if there will be a tourney in December due to exams/holidays.
In January, most people will be at the McSmashter tournament but I think another Waterloo one is in order too.

Garsykat

Smash Rookie
whats up UW, me and a few buddies have a house right outside of WLU and would be down to play some melee with you guys sometime! We're all pretty shjtty, but we all would like to learn from some better players!

SyphiliS

Smash Cadet
There is a tournament hosted by McCabe's Irish Pub in Kitchener (Near Charles St. Terminal) this Sunday, Dec 15. There will be both an advanced and amateur tournament. Check out the details here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/225305230981216/

If you have time I definitely recommend going to this as you will be able to meet new people to play with and also watch some high level matches. As far as I know, two of the best players in Canada will be attending unless they decide to flop (Weon-x & KirbyKaze).

Also join this group on facebook to get in touch with people who play at UW: https://www.facebook.com/groups/182385058591662/

Top Bottom