• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M (EX) don't work !

marshadowww

Smash Rookie
Hello.
I have a problem about installing Project M, more precisely Project M EX.
I have a 4.3 hacked wii, and i have two copy's of SSBB on USB Loader GX, a PAL and a NTSC copy.

I don't have any custom stages, and when i try to launch Project M installer with "Custom Stages" option, it launches the Custom Stages and it don't work, like i don't have the PM boot.
I have last version of IOS installed on my Wii. Please help !

Narpas_sword

OK. lets get some things out of the way that are causing issues:

1: a PAL brawl disc (or iso) wont do any good for getting PM working.- get it off your system unless you want to play PAL brawl.

2: - assuming your console is PAL (which is why you're usb loading): custom stages and the sate boot hack have nothing to do with USB loading - so discard that too.

Now.

Lets get pm3.6 working. once you have that working you can move on to changing the version of 3.6 for the mod files you want.

SO - first questions:

Do you have USBloader able to boot brawl (NTSC) correctly?

if no: we troubleshoot.
if yes:
Make sure you have the HOMEBREW project m files on your sd card root.
Open USBloader GX and lick on brawl do you get the screen with 'Settings and Start'
click settings and find 'ocarina'
turn ocarina on.
save then start prawl again.

Does PM3.6 work?
if yes - we GOTO getting PMex working
if no - we troubleshoot.

Let me know where you get to.

marshadowww

Smash Rookie
OK. lets get some things out of the way that are causing issues:

1: a PAL brawl disc (or iso) wont do any good for getting PM working.- get it off your system unless you want to play PAL brawl.

2: - assuming your console is PAL (which is why you're usb loading): custom stages and the sate boot hack have nothing to do with USB loading - so discard that too.

Now.

Lets get pm3.6 working. once you have that working you can move on to changing the version of 3.6 for the mod files you want.

SO - first questions:

Do you have USBloader able to boot brawl (NTSC) correctly?

if no: we troubleshoot.
if yes:
Make sure you have the HOMEBREW project m files on your sd card root.
Open USBloader GX and lick on brawl do you get the screen with 'Settings and Start'
click settings and find 'ocarina'
turn ocarina on.
save then start prawl again.

Does PM3.6 work?
if yes - we GOTO getting PMex working
if no - we troubleshoot.

Let me know where you get to.
My USB Loader GX launchs perfectly NTSC Brawl. I have all the PM (PMEX) files in the root of my sd card. I have Ocarina on, but, It don't work. It's because my console is PAL ? I need my Wii in NTSC ?

Narpas_sword

PAL console is fine as long as youre booting NTSC brawl (im a PAL user too)

can we try for pm3.6 vanilla before PMEX?
i can help with vanilla - and once we know thats working we can step to the more complex EX stuff.

Also can you describe what 'doesnt work' means? is something crashing, is there an error, unexpected message?

marshadowww

Smash Rookie
PAL console is fine as long as youre booting NTSC brawl (im a PAL user too)

can we try for pm3.6 vanilla before PMEX?
i can help with vanilla - and once we know thats working we can step to the more complex EX stuff.

Also can you describe what 'doesnt work' means? is something crashing, is there an error, unexpected message?
no error, no message. it just load the stages creator.

Narpas_sword

why are you going to stage creator? - thats for the hackless method.
as i said earlier: custom stages and the sate boot hack have nothing to do with USB loading - so discard that too.

So we need to be running USBloader on PAL wii, with NTSC brawl iso.- which as far as i can tell we have established as true.

So - with ocarina on, and the Project M files in the correct place you shouldnt even see brawl.
If all correct this will happen:

Turn on Wii
Open Usbloader
Click 'brawl'
PM immediatly loads

So if thats not happening, then youve got something in the wrong place is the best bet.

Can you take a screenshot of your SD root?

marshadowww

Smash Rookie
why are you going to stage creator? - thats for the hackless method.
as i said earlier: custom stages and the sate boot hack have nothing to do with USB loading - so discard that too.

So we need to be running USBloader on PAL wii, with NTSC brawl iso.- which as far as i can tell we have established as true.

So - with ocarina on, and the Project M files in the correct place you shouldnt even see brawl.
If all correct this will happen:

Turn on Wii
Open Usbloader
Click 'brawl'
PM immediatly loads

So if thats not happening, then youve got something in the wrong place is the best bet.

Can you take a screenshot of your SD root?

root of my FAT32 4GB SD card

Narpas_sword

it looks like you have remnants of both hackless and homebrew on there, would be good to start with a clean card and only put on what you need.

Also - is your console language set to english? - i know that an issue can occur when it's not.

marshadowww

Smash Rookie
edit : i don't have a 4.3 wii, but a 3.4 wii.
but i don't know if i update my wii, my console is gonna brick or not

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

right. so where are we up to?

did you do this: "it looks like you have remnants of both hackless and homebrew on there, would be good to start with a clean card and only put on what you need."

I see no reason to update the console at this point. If you have usbloaderGX working, and able to load NTSC brawl, it shouldnt be much more work.

BLAHHHHH22

Smash Rookie
right. so where are we up to?

did you do this: "it looks like you have remnants of both hackless and homebrew on there, would be good to start with a clean card and only put on what you need."

I see no reason to update the console at this point. If you have usbloaderGX working, and able to load NTSC brawl, it shouldnt be much more work.
I am having trouble getting EX to work as well. I'm also using the disk and homebrew to run regular project M 3.6 which runs fine. Do I need to have backup on the external hard drive for USBGX to get EX to work?

Top Bottom