• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Project M Documentary-ish Content!!

TheRunnerUps

Smash Rookie
NNID
yopyopyoptop
?? I Need your guys' opinion on how I did with this. I tried to give it a Smash Brothers-y vibe while also introducing my own style. Is it entertaining? Did I nail it? Is anyone else doing stuff like this?

TKano

Smash Rookie
I enjoy what you do here ^^ For someone who's simply trying to reach out and show the world Project M from a more friendly and casual perspective, you're broaching it well.

That said, a few things I just wanna note, in terms of comedic timing and transitions. I may not be amazing at smash, but I do fairly well in video QualityChecks.
  • It's one thing to want a documentary style feel to it, it's another to get the exact same tracks from it ^^; Maybe instead of using the soundtrack directly, find similar tracks for each one, similar feel and/or style.
  • If you're going to use a track in battle, maybe time the use of the bgm to fit a moment in the fight, such as the 818 track. Would have been good if you timed the track so that it ended AS the match ended, not before.
  • You might want more clips of the match itself, it feels like there's too much time outside the screen. Consider using your voice clips, but then laying the match over the voice instead of random clips of the backs of people's heads
Either way, good job thus far, enjoying it. Good luck!

TheRunnerUps

Smash Rookie
NNID
yopyopyoptop
I enjoy what you do here ^^ For someone who's simply trying to reach out and show the world Project M from a more friendly and casual perspective, you're broaching it well.

That said, a few things I just wanna note, in terms of comedic timing and transitions. I may not be amazing at smash, but I do fairly well in video QualityChecks.
  • It's one thing to want a documentary style feel to it, it's another to get the exact same tracks from it ^^; Maybe instead of using the soundtrack directly, find similar tracks for each one, similar feel and/or style.
  • If you're going to use a track in battle, maybe time the use of the bgm to fit a moment in the fight, such as the 818 track. Would have been good if you timed the track so that it ended AS the match ended, not before.
  • You might want more clips of the match itself, it feels like there's too much time outside the screen. Consider using your voice clips, but then laying the match over the voice instead of random clips of the backs of people's heads
Either way, good job thus far, enjoying it. Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback!! We're working on another one and you'll be happy to know that I have taken much of your advice to heart. This was really helpful btw so thx again.

Top Bottom