• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - custom music

~Koen

Smash Cadet
I'm new to PM and a friend of mine had his own music in the game, how would i be able to add some of my music to it?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm

.brstm files go into that folder. Use the following guide to know how to name the files properly:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245410

You can find files already made on the site BrawlCustomMusic and the site KittyCorp Meow Mix, or you can make files yourself if you have the means to. Alternatively, there are many members on the forums that would be willing to make brstms for you if you ask by messaging them or going to the song request thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267789

The quality will vary from person to person making the tracks, and from my experience users that do multiple requests at once tend to churn out brstms with subpar loops.

I am one member that does very few brstms at a time and quite slowly because I want to make sure the quality and loop is topnotch. I tend to avoid chiptunes since they distort and crackle very easily.

~Koen

Smash Cadet
private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm

.brstm files go into that folder. Use the following guide to know how to name the files properly:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245410

You can find files already made on the site BrawlCustomMusic and the site KittyCorp Meow Mix, or you can make files yourself if you have the means to. Alternatively, there are many members on the forums that would be willing to make brstms for you if you ask by messaging them or going to the song request thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267789

The quality will vary from person to person making the tracks, and from my experience users that do multiple requests at once tend to churn out brstms with subpar loops.

I am one member that does very few brstms at a time and quite slowly because I want to make sure the quality and loop is topnotch. I tend to avoid chiptunes since they distort and crackle very easily.
Thank you!

cheema91

Smash Rookie
ok so i found the folder. and i converted mp3s into brstm files. i renamed the music files correctly after i inserted the music file into the strm folder. i boot up project m but the music is still the same. what am i doing wrong?

cheema91

Smash Rookie
never i figured it out. i put the files in the project m folder. not the private folder. works perfectly now

piepieburger

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I have converted all of the music using Brawl Music Maker, put the files in private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\sound\strm, and still the music doesn't change. What am I missing?

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
My favorite program to use for brstm converting is http://www.lakora.us/brawl/brstm/index.html

ok, so if you properly did it all and renamed the files to replace a certain track, then go into "My Music" and go to that stage and check the music on it. Play all of them on that stage (make sure you know what stage you put it on) and if you find it, turn the likelihood of it playing all the way up if it's the only song on that stage you like. if not, put the two or three you like all in the middle or however you like.

If you do not find it there, put it on a different stage. I have trouble with stages like Smashville and some others with replacing music.

edit: just reviewed your post and saw you are putting it in the wrong spot. the right spot (where i have most success) is projectm -->pf--->sound--->strm

Last edited:

BoomToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikeydakid
3DS FC
1161-0269-8180
Does that program change the titles of the songs in-game? I'm using Brawl Music Maker and it does everything right except change the in-game titles. Thanks and sorry for the bump.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Does that program change the titles of the songs in-game? I'm using Brawl Music Maker and it does everything right except change the in-game titles. Thanks and sorry for the bump.
Yes, but you have to do it manually.

Diskscratch

Smash Rookie
I tried to put custom music in pm and all it did was revert the music as if it was brawl (delfino's secret is now delfino plaza.etc.) I tried to remove everything and start over but the problem persists. is there anyway I could get the pm music back?
(Didn't know where else to ask this question)

gerpity10

Smash Rookie
i know how to replace songs normally (for brawl), but on project m 3.6 the music i put glitches and does not hear fine, any fix?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
i know how to replace songs normally (for brawl), but on project m 3.6 the music i put glitches and does not hear fine, any fix?
Free up some space on the card and then (manually) defragment it. If you're on dolphin, set the hooktype to Vbi.

sks316

Smash Rookie
NNID
tmnt316
3DS FC
3325-1454-2910
Switch FC
SW-1384-2056-1238
I need help. I use the BRSTM converter C# program to make BRSTM files. The music I use in Project M 3.6 plays fine for a while but then starts to play a glitched and sped up version of the last BRSTM Played. Help?
(Didn't know where else to ask this.)

Inquirer

Smash Cadet
I need help. I use the BRSTM converter C# program to make BRSTM files. The music I use in Project M 3.6 plays fine for a while but then starts to play a glitched and sped up version of the last BRSTM Played. Help?
(Didn't know where else to ask this.)
Did you delete the previous brtsm file before placing the one you made? For example if I want to replace the song in FD I will delete the one in the slot I want to use and then place the new one. Did you do that? Cause I know that this happens if you try to move and replace a brtsm without deleting the previous one first.

Also, you could defrag your sd which helps in audio issues after replacing brstms.

gerpity10

Smash Rookie
how do i set the hooktype to vbi? i dont understand why this happens, the music files i use are brand new and i already deleted the p:m ones.

Top Bottom