• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Crashes During Subspace Emissary

Shulk Hogan

Smash Rookie
I've tried three times now, and the game consistently crashes just before loading the Dark Bowser fight at The Lake. I don't know if it has something to do with Bowser's Dry Bowser skin, but that probably wouldn't make the game freeze, even if that is what it's failing to load. It now is just a black screen, showing nothing but Diddy Kong's picture, percent, and my score. It also plays occasional sound effects for some reason, but there is no music. I'm playing Project M ver. 3.6 on Dolphin 5.0, and everything before this level in Subspace Emissary has worked perfectly. Thanks in advance for any help!

Shulk Hogan

Smash Rookie
So I did some experimenting and found out that all fights against dark characters cause it to crash (so far). I'm still able to progress by switching over to vanilla Brawl, so I guess that solves that for now.

Top Bottom