• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M CPU's

BIG+BOSS

Smash Rookie
Hey fellas, for awhile I was playing Project M but now I have found a copy of Melee and I can finally practice the true way. HOWEVER, THERE IS SOMETHING I MUST KNOW!
While I was playing with my friend the other night, we decided to fight some CPU 9's on Project M (Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Falcon, etc.) and I seemed to have beaten most of them pretty easily, they also seemed to do some pretty stupid moves and SDs. So tell me, are the Project M CPU's cruel or are they pitiful? (Bonus: are the 20XX CPU's brutal? I might get it)

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Both Falco and Fox were coded with extra care but there are glitches that were never ironed out.
  • Messes up a ledge-stall or ledge dash by releasing ledge and nairing, falling to his death
  • Illusions and Phantasms to ledge even when you are already holding it, killing himself
  • Air dodges when off-stage and you roll, SD-ing
  • Predictable up-smashes---really, just too flowcharted in general---will stand in place and short hop laser all match
  • Sometimes just stands there and does nothing at all
  • Doesn't utilize platforms well enough
  • Always tries to recover from the lowest possible height; is completely uncreative at and doesn't mixup recovery
All off the top of my head. That said, they are good practice against competent neutral game and pretty hard punish game. They are, sadly, about as good as it gets to legitimately challenging PM CPUs.

Captain Falcon will spam Falcon Kick, Jigglypuff is nothing, Peach is tough only because it is Peach vs Falco. You will get better practice guaranteed against 20XX bots.

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
They aren't that brutal. the 20XX bots are way harder as expected.

Still though, Luigi CPUs (even at level 1) are super annoying to fight against. Definitely recommend fighting them for the funzies.

Top Bottom