• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
I love all these renders and icons and stuff so much! Thank you! :D Also, about the stock icons, they look good but when I replace the stock icons with those they don't look as good. I know it's not your fault though, I don't know if they look good in the game though because I haven't tried it yet.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that it's very small, so it's still high quality
no, it actually happens because the compression format that the icons use sacrifice quality for lighter filesize, but also happens with CSPs although you can barely notice it, and even less on stock icons since they're really tiny

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I really like this concept and I'm pretty handy with Photoshop (and share an eternal love for Smash Mewtwo). Any objections to me improving on your recolor? I'll post them here and maybe even take a crack at rendering.
Let's bring this to Skype (to avoid flooding this thread), skype name is the same as my name here.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
hay how is this going? what are the costumes for Link and Toon Link?

Last edited:

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Codex, do you or anyone else know of a guide explaining what files I need to add to use the 14 slot cBliss?

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Hey Codex, I don't know if when you start working on Jigglypuff ( If you are going to work on her ) could you add this SSB4 Jigglypuff please *o* ?
I was thinking the same thing. Though I'd still be very happy if we only got the default PM costumes

Pelet_PR

Smash Captain
So where is the link to download this? It looks AWESOMEEEEE!
Or at least the link to download the character menu with the Ditto?

Last edited:

000pab

Smash Rookie
I'm surely excited. I know you're a busy guy but are there plans for a given release date?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I'm surely excited. I know you're a busy guy but are there plans for a given release date?
How long will this build take to create?

- No set release date I'm afraid, the paragraph below explains why, but at the same time, I'm waiting for various mods to be released, reworking back and forth to try and get the best out of the skill that I muster with what I have and will try my best to do!

- Originally when I made this thread, I came with the idea of "Yeah, it will have everything, like this, this and this, and a little of this! And going to be released at this time!" the nutshell version is that I started I wanted to create a perfect build and underestimated how difficult it can actually be, when I got deeper and gained more of an understanding of mods and the development of them I learnt that that when you pick up various skills along the way you tend to notice a lot of things you want to change, and that being able to, I would go back, fix up somethings, this can be from textures, to simple errors, going back and forth on a lot of things, this is a one man job in terms of putting everything together, with that said, I've had some amazing help from so many amazing people over the year that the build's design wouldn't be here right now.
Most questions can be answered by reading the OP

Last edited:

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Wow this has gotten to be quite the project. And the attraction its gained is monumental! Incredible, at least to me.
Still super hyped for this and so far no other build has caught my attention like this one.
My patience is still strong for this (Its the FF7 remake Im banging my head walls for) and I'm super energized seeing the traction this has gotten. Good on you, Codex. And I hope your general life is going well to.

Munkyadrian

Smash Rookie
He's probably still very busy. Life is a huge interference and responsibilities don't help either. :p Patience is the key for right now
I definitely agree and totally understand that life gets in the way but he hasn't at least come on to say that life is getting in the way and hes having difficulty and were being left in the dark
I also absolutely have more patience left for codex because I've been following this thread since about late fall of last year months before I had an account and I would just load up a bookmark and check for new comments manually and as time has gone by I've watched codex put more and more work into this build and get better and better and more involved in the community and I definitely feel that when codex finally does drop it will be in a league of its own

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Wow, this project looks awesome! I spent hours upon hours last summer collecting a bunch of cool skins from across the internet for my personal build of PM, only to now come here and find that you've assembled essentially all of them in one package (except Wreck-It Ralph D.K. haha) plus a bajillion other sweet recolors and some seriously great new CSP's. I actually haven't played PM much recently, but I greatly look forward to diving back in once this build is released.

That said, take your time. Don't let people here stress you out too much. Real life comes first, and the quality you're producing is worth the wait.

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Hey, SJS called. He wants his awesome CSP making skills back.

In all seriousness I can find the words to explain how much I love these CSPs you've created. I think one of the reasons is because they have a Smash 4 pose with Brawl textures, another maybe the quality of them. It's just......So good!

More of a Question rather than a request. Are you going to be working on Giga Bowser's CSPs at some point. No rush it's just that PM's are not that great. Hell I'll even wait till next year for it.

Top Bottom