• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M and Infinite load "sort of" vanilla brawl

Pacguy64

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to run Infinite using a backup I have of my brawl disc in CFG USB loader. I set it up properly, and got the cheats running, but all that seemed to do was change the character select music. So, to troubleshoot, I tried to install project M. The results were confusing, and I haven't heard of them elsewhere despite my searching. At first, it looks like booting project m just runs vanilla brawl, but all the characters are unlocked (including normally unavailable options like sheik, all three pokemon trainer pokemon, and a second wario), and starting a match, mousing over portions of the character select and changing to specific costumes crashes the game. What is going on? I merely copied the contents of the zip to my sd and loaded cheats with AVI or AXnextframe (tried both). From what I've heard, that should be all I need to do...

Pacguy64

Smash Rookie
I figured it out. It turns out that CFG USB Loader suffered from an issue that made it unable to read the mod content on the sd card; it'd load brawl with the cheats and nothing else. I fixed it by digging up a large usb stick and running brawl through USB Loader GX instead.

somerandombrawl

Smash Rookie
Do you think you can help me too? I have the same problem except im not using any other cheats and im only using Project M. Ive tried redownloading it. Using another SD Card. Even FORMATTED my wii and nothing happened. Please help I wanna do something else that isn't in singleplayer.

Top Bottom