• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Trailer Released!

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
I dont want to jump to conclusions but with the slither i seen it SEEMS that some characters got buffed. if so i am even more hyped that i already am. SQUIRTLE SQUAD!

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
Something doesn't look right with those HD stages...the colors, they don't look right.

Like it's too bright in an artifical way.

I wouldn't want this.
Why not ? if the PMDT could do this with BRAWL of all games just imagine what they could do with smash 4 , an already good game.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Wait. Who's moves do you want restored? Who do you want changed completely? This is confusing.
Metaknight's downb back to the dive kick (idk if it appeared unbalanced or too good but wouldn't it be better to just nerf it?)

ganondorf back 3.02

Just saying I think they should stop changing a chars move into something completely different.

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight's downb back to the dive kick (idk if it appeared unbalanced or too good but wouldn't it be better to just nerf it?)

ganondorf back 3.02

Just saying I think they should stop changing a chars move into something completely different.
What? why would you want ganondorf changed? Hes really good and his moveset and feel wasnt that different from3.02, just improved. a lot.

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather just play the game as is and not play a modded game.

That simple.
Thats resonable. still i wonder if they DID mod smash 4 how they would balance some of the more campy characters like villager or duck hunt dog

whoknowswhat

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1864-9884-2286
Well, in my humble opinion, I feel like Smash 4 should be left alone at the moment simply because the meta is always changing and we don't really know what the norm will be for competitive 4. The Smash 4 community is being divided at the moment with Evo allowing customs, heavy gravity/smooth lander being introduced, and other characters such as Olimar, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, and even Wii Fit Trainer getting more spotlight than the top-tiers: Diddy, Rosalina & Luma, Sonic, and Fox. When I look at this from a spectator's standpoint, I can see why people would say that they want a Smash 4 Project M. If what I'm about to say offends anybody in anyway, then I'm sorry that you feel this way, but in my opinion, this is the truth. Competitive Smash 4 is way more fun to play than to watch and it's pretty obvious that when you are at tournaments to play or spectate, you will be waiting a good while before you see some that can count as exhilarating or hype-worthy. From my experience with Smash 4, it still rewards defensive play like a rich kid asking his parents for all the candy in the candy store while the offensive play will be the poor kid that has to really work for what he wants. It doesn't feel right for those that want to show people how fast and exciting Smash 4 can be is handicapped for not picking the campy play-style. That's all I have to say and I know that I'm probably going to get hate for this, but hey, at least I stated my 100% honest opinion.
literally what. bruh, they're two different communities.

Brawl =/= Project M
ssb4 =/= Project M

Mooro...

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-2879-3341
literally what. bruh, they're two different communities.

Brawl =/= Project M
ssb4 =/= Project M
I went into detail about the Smash 4 community without having proper acknowledgement about the Project M community. I apologize and allow me to rephrase my previous statement: A Project M Smash 4 could be more exhilarating to both parties: the viewers and the spectators, but I say let's leave it alone because if people see a Project M Smash 4, then they could find it more competitive and there's a great chance that we would lose the support to make Smash 4 a viable game in the competitive standpoint. To sum it up, let the Smash 4 meta advance before we make any Project M moves as I believe that the support we have for Smash 4 could deteriorate if we make a Project M now, that's all. If I'm being completely stupid, please prove me ever so wrong, I'm a newcomer to the competitive scene anyways.(I'm being serious, please prove me wrong).

Legato

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LLegato
I play brawl, I play melee, I play project M, and I play smash 4. I would play smash 64 if I had a N64 still working. If they modded smash 4 then I would play that too. It doesn't matter as long as the game is balanced, fun, and can be played competitively. Some succeed better than others, I still play all of them. So if a mod for Sm4sh comes out, who cares, let's just keep on playing. When Lyn comes out though... you can expect me to play project M more than the rest (I will be a Lyn main :D).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I went into detail about the Smash 4 community without having proper acknowledgement about the Project M community. I apologize and allow me to rephrase my previous statement: A Project M Smash 4 could be more exhilarating to both parties: the viewers and the spectators, but I say let's leave it alone because if people see a Project M Smash 4, then they could find it more competitive and there's a great chance that we would lose the support to make Smash 4 a viable game in the competitive standpoint. To sum it up, let the Smash 4 meta advance before we make any Project M moves as I believe that the support we have for Smash 4 could deteriorate if we make a Project M now, that's all. If I'm being completely stupid, please prove me ever so wrong, I'm a newcomer to the competitive scene anyways.(I'm being serious, please prove me wrong).
It's not as much being more "competitive" as much as it would be another melee clone like game which the PM/Melee would try and support while shutting out stand alone Smash 4.

The communities are split as is, a PM Smash 4 would make it worse.

Legato

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LLegato
It's not as much being more "competitive" as much as it would be another melee clone like game which the PM/Melee would try and support while shutting out stand alone Smash 4.

The communities are split as is, a PM Smash 4 would make it worse.
So what? People will play the games they want to play. Also, Project M plays a lot differently than melee. Just because it has similar AT's does not mean that it is a "melee clone." Many other fighting games use the same AT's but change the way certain mechanics feel. As someone who plays both, trust me melee and project M do not feel the same and never will. Project M integrated melee AT's into brawl because it gives the game more depth. It is no secret that Sakurai removed them only to take away from the competitive side, so I see no reason why people criticize the developers for re-adding an aspect of the game that shouldn't have been removed anyways. Splitting a community should never be a reason for preventing others from expressing themselves creatively (yes project M is creative expression and a good one at that). This mindset is just toxic. Anyways that is the end of my rant for the day :3

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So what? People will play the games they want to play. Also, Project M plays a lot differently than melee. Just because it has similar AT's does not mean that it is a "melee clone." Many other fighting games use the same AT's but change the way certain mechanics feel. As someone who plays both, trust me melee and project M do not feel the same and never will. Project M integrated melee AT's into brawl because it gives the game more depth. It is no secret that Sakurai removed them only to take away from the competitive side, so I see no reason why people criticize the developers for re-adding an aspect of the game that shouldn't have been removed anyways. Splitting a community should never be a reason for preventing others from expressing themselves creatively (yes project M is creative expression and a good one at that). This mindset is just toxic. Anyways that is the end of my rant for the day :3
It's been slowly moving away from being a melee clone but its still clinging onto aspects that really I would hate to see being added to a Smash 4 PM, Lcanceling over just presetting landing lag, spacies still affecting the games balance and design around them, etc.

My mindset is not toxic, it's something I would rather not see become a thing.

People can like what they want, but I don't want a change like that to happen to smash 4.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
You know Project M stands for Project Melee, right?
Well I get that. It's the Melee SFX and designs for FD and BF that really gets to me. Using Melee SFX is a downgrade to the already-excellent sound design from Brawl. There was actually variation between sword users but now it's all gone BECAUSE MEWEE IS DA BES :)))))

And using the Melee versions of BF and FD is just a case of wearing the nostalgia goggles too hard. You can put the effort into making new stages, but not the effort into making, oh I don't know, your own designs for FD and BF? Instead of rehashing 14-year-old designs? They have their own announcer now, on top of new compositions for certain stages and the menu, and of course all the alternate costumes that pay homage to Nintendo's history. There is no excuse for recycling Melee assets anymore.

EDIT: The Alt Stage Loader negates my stage argument entirely. But I seriously hope Brawl FD is an Alt Stage.
EDIT 2: Don't get me wrong, I love Project M. It's just that there are some design choices to the presentation that I feel are steps backwards for the sake of nostalgia.

Last edited:

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
It's been slowly moving away from being a melee clone but its still clinging onto aspects that really I would hate to see being added to a Smash 4 PM, Lcanceling over just presetting landing lag, spacies still affecting the games balance and design around them, etc.

My mindset is not toxic, it's something I would rather not see become a thing.

People can like what they want, but I don't want a change like that to happen to smash 4.
Thought I was the only person alone on this opinion.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
It's not like Smash 4 would be going away. Hypothetically it'd just be the same mod on a different base. What'd be so wrong about having Smash 4 as a base compared to Brawl (assuming we could somehow keep all the existing content and such)?

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
Project M was fun...played this at Katsucon for the 1st time. However, most people muttered "gimmicky" (this was possibly due to most people playing as Zelda. Literally everyone played as Zelda). I liked it but I'm in no rush to download it. It was fun but Zelda seemed massively over powered. Aside from Zelda, I felt just "okay" abouy it. DID notice someone play as Ness and for whatever reason, he still had the same awful recovery.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Something doesn't look right with those HD stages...the colors, they don't look right.

Like it's too bright in an artifical way.

I wouldn't want this.
I just want to be able crouch out of dash, foxtrot, and cancel an initial dash with another one in the opposite direction beyond the first three frames as Little Mac, man.

metaXzero

Smash Champion

ganondorf back 3.02

That was his D-air and I actually would prefer a nered version of it back over a nerfed version of his Brawl D-air.

Ganon though? Do you just want to attempt Warlock Punching and Volcano kicking people again? I like the float and reflect.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Wheeee, more Melee sounds and stages. As if everything wasn't pretentiously melee-ified enough already.
Lolwat? Most of the stages shown here are either orginal (Bowser's Castle and Delfino's Secret) or HD remakes of 64 stages (Peach's Castle, Saffron City). The only stage that's even Melee is Battlefield, which is a series staple at this point. Even so, who cares if it's more Melee and less Brawl?

GameFreak164X

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameFreak164X
3DS FC
3308-4878-1702
SO HYPE! I hope this game can still find sufficient tournament support despite the legal grey area it's in. (I personally prefer both PM and Smash 4 over Melee)

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Now if they only will fix the replay function...

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Hold up... in this image, the dome on top of the Silph Co building is facing the same way as in the trailer. So, the stage is facing north/south. Why then, is there a Snorlax in the background when Snorlax is only east and west?

Aside from that though, <3 the Ashley cameo in WarioWare and the return of Best Battlefield Ever.

Bobby191

Smash Rookie
Im just hoping nintendo will stop acting like babies and allow project m back in the major tournaments because it has more competitive players than anyother smash other than melee

Bobby191

Smash Rookie
But 3.6 looks really good however not a fan of hd graphics didnt like how they looked in smash 4 dont like how they look in pm, way too flashy. I hope they have alternates to the original

Blackavar

Smash Cadet
New sounds? Oh god it better not be even more melee reverts otherwise I may be turned off from PM for good...unless people make sound patches to bring the brawl SFX back. Sorry but I just hate melee's quiet boring sounds.
Good riddance.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
anyone else catch the "New Characters, Stages, alt Costumes" in the creidts for the trailer.

NEW CHARACTERS. it might be happening sooner than some people think!

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
I just want to be able crouch out of dash, foxtrot, and cancel an initial dash with another one in the opposite direction beyond the first three frames as Little Mac, man.
One can already do the latter two things in smash 4 with little Mac. I and 2 other ppl are the only ones who know how to do it currently, but it's possible.

Blackavar

Smash Cadet
Obviously I don't really mean that since really I'll just wait for more SFX patches to be made around the Kitty Corp vault or here.

So no good riddance.
Great, we always need more smarmy assholes threatening to boycott a free game based on something absurdly petty. Literally no one cares about whether or not you object to melee sounds, or whether you will quit PM entirely.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Great, we always need more smarmy *******s threatening to boycott a free game based on something absurdly petty. Literally no one cares about whether or not you object to melee sounds, or whether you will quit PM entirely.
Never said I was boycotting, your starting to over-react quiiiiteee a bit so relax angry boy.

I'm just a guy who loves Brawl and hates most of Melee, yet is into PM quite a bit till the more recent versions where its becoming more and more 100% like actual Melee everything-wise.

Top Bottom