• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Black Screen

Derpidius

Smash Rookie
So, I'm using the hackless letterbomb method so I can use an SD card larger than 2GB without installing homebrew. I get to the Project M launcher, but when I choose play, the screen goes black and my wiimote desynchs. I haven't put any custom costumes, stages, etc. This happens every time I try to run it.

Narpas_sword

why not just install homebrew? you're basically running homebrew but instead of installing it having to boot it each time. its roundabout and gotta be frustrating.

how big is the SD card? (wiis wont read SDXC)
are the files on correctly? what is on the root of the SD?
are you using ntsc wii and brawl?

Applebutter61

Smash Journeyman
why not just install homebrew? you're basically running homebrew but instead of installing it having to boot it each time. its roundabout and gotta be frustrating.

I'm having the same problem. Any other advice, perhaps?

Qwerty2084

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
QTY#396

But don’t you need a 2GB SD card to get the hackmii installer?

Top Bottom