• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Trailer Released, Release Date Revealed

Vigilante

Smash Lord
To anyone who said that Project M isn't a real game because it's a mod, you've just insulted the entire Counter-Strike community.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wait! Where did Ike Climbers and Slippy go? Are they in the next update???

I kid. It looks cool. I enjoyed Project M and making my own custom build with costumes, but I'll be in full Smash Wii U mode when I get home in a few weeks. Still, my brother prefers Project M, so I'm sure that we'll be playing this soon enough. He also loves Zelda and Ganondorf... so I'm in for some pain.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Great. A week before smash 4. Ill be sure playing this, but I dunno if I will after the 21st when smash 4 is released.

But for you all tourney people, this is indeed really good news :p

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
We've talked about this. This is flamebait. Don't post this, or things like it, here. 'I don't like PM' is okay. 'PM is cancer and shouldn't exist' is not okay.

Keep doing it and you will keep getting points. Last warning.
He does have a point (through Nintendo's perspective). Threatening him with warnings only proves him right.

I am excited for this pm BUT it could be getting in Nintendo's way so... Perhaps bad timing on release date?

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Wow, Ganondorf floats and reflects projectiles. Zelda has better Din's Fire control.

PMDT, Y U NO WORK FO NINTENDOO?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
He does have a point (through Nintendo's perspective). Threatening him with warnings only proves him right.

I am excited for this pm BUT it could be getting in Nintendo's way so... Perhaps bad timing on release date?
I believe that if we can be moderated for berating the Brawl fanbase (we shouldn't really, it is counterproductive), berating the Project M scene should also be an offense. Equal treatment across all games. A warning wouldn't prove him right, it would just be upholding the rules.

Mind you, I'm personally grateful for Project M. I've met and befriended people who came fromt he brawl community, people I would never have interacted with otherwise. The true "cancer" in this community is intolerance.

By that, I mean that I neither condone intolerance toward us, or toward other games either. I have strong oppinions about Brawl, but must also respect that others apparently did not dislike it as much as I did. That's how I see it.

Last edited:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Video games are something of an art form. Artists crafty their creations the way THEY envision it, NOT the way others tell them they should make it. This I'd no different. Smash is Sakurai's baby, so to speak. PM is just the result of a group of people taking someone else's baby and performing surgery on it without the parent's consent. That being said, PM is fun, (not as fun as Sm4sh, in my opinion) but it shouldn't be treated as official, or a replacement for official Smash games, by any means. This mentality of " let's take someone else's creation into our own hands " is a little dumb, in some aspects. Besides, PM wasn't made by anyone. "Made" would be created from scratch rather than ripping off of someone else's assets. It's just an inventive and well-done mod with some original character models and textures. The majority of PM is still Sakurai's work, his effort and time.
Sakurai did not create digital computing.
Sakurai did not create the Platform Fighter subgenre.
Sakurai did not create Mario.
All human creation is built directly on its forebears. "Official" is a legal term, not an artistic one.
And PM is no more just a "mod" than Brawl is, having been built upon Melee's engine.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Sakurai did not create digital computing.
Sakurai did not create the Platform Fighter subgenre.
Sakurai did not create Mario.
All human creation is built directly on its forebears. "Official" is a legal term, not an artistic one.
And PM is no more just a "mod" than Brawl is, having been built upon Melee's engine.
Might also be worth adding that at their core, video games are products. They may be made by artists, but it made no sense to limit the fanbase for a sold product.

To add more to the discussion, here's the contrary being said by Nintendo's bigwig himself which supports Cubelarooso:

- "I have never said that video games (are) an art." - Shigueru Miyamoto
- "Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigueru Miyamoto
- "What we have created are not art but products. For us, the main are the customers and not games themselves. I always tell staff to call Nintendo games products, not art." - Shigueru Miyamoto

If anything, one would argue that a game that isn't sold for profit is closer to an art than a game that is meant to be sold to a given public. One could also argue that the art itself is making games that reach many players. In any event, corporate games are products first and foremost.

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
At the same time, it's asanine to get mad at someone for making their game as they envisioned it from the beginning.

Video games are something of an art form. Artists crafty their creations the way THEY envision it, NOT the way others tell them they should make it. This I'd no different. Smash is Sakurai's baby, so to speak. PM is just the result of a group of people taking someone else's baby and performing surgery on it without the parent's consent. That being said, PM is fun, (not as fun as Sm4sh, in my opinion) but it shouldn't be treated as official, or a replacement for official Smash games, by any means. This mentality of " let's take someone else's creation into our own hands " is a little dumb, in some aspects. Besides, PM wasn't made by anyone. "Made" would be created from scratch rather than ripping off of someone else's assets. It's just an inventive and well-done mod with some original character models and textures. The majority of PM is still Sakurai's work, his effort and time.
By this logic many video games today are just rip off's of an idea someone else had. Kid Icarus: Uprising, also headed by Sakurai, is a just a rip off because it wasn't made by the Kid Icarus' Series original creator, but was based on his ideas and character work.

Need for Speed Most Wanted must of been a rip off too because it was made by the creators or Burnout and not the original development team.

Every Legend of Zelda game after Link's Awakening must of been a rip off because Miyamoto wasn't in charge.

In fact, Retro studios made one of the greatest game series of all time with the Metriod Prime series but I guess that's a jut "take someone else creation into our own hands."

By this logic Cover Songs are invalid.

I respect what Sakurai has done when creating and heading up the Super Smash Brothers series. But I also respect that like minded individuals that hated Brawls slowness, simplicity, and tripping, took it upon themselves to alter it the way they wished the game to be. I understand the business of video games is convoluted. On one hand you have a creative director who envisions something and uses a production team to make it happen. On the other you have consumer demand, request, and expectations. In business, the consumer wants take precedence. Most consumers where happy with what Brawl was. A few talented one were not. And that's all there is. If you pay for a product you have the right to be unsatisfied with it and alter it any way you want. You paid for it. you own it now.

If I bought a Mona Lisa I could through cherry red blush on her cheeks if I so wanted to because I own it now.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
By this logic many video games today are just rip off's of an idea someone else had. Kid Icarus: Uprising, also headed by Sakurai, is a just a rip off because it wasn't made by the Kid Icarus' Series original creator, but was based on his ideas and character work.

Need for Speed Most Wanted must of been a rip off too because it was made by the creators or Burnout and not the original development team.

Every Legend of Zelda game after Link's Awakening must of been a rip off because Miyamoto wasn't in charge.

In fact, Retro studios made one of the greatest game series of all time with the Metriod Prime series but I guess that's a jut "take someone else creation into our own hands."

By this logic Cover Songs are invalid.

I respect what Sakurai has done when creating and heading up the Super Smash Brothers series. But I also respect that like minded individuals that hated Brawls slowness, simplicity, and tripping, took it upon themselves to alter it the way they wished the game to be. I understand the business of video games is convoluted. On one hand you have a creative director who envisions something and uses a production team to make it happen. On the other you have consumer demand, request, and expectations. In business, the consumer wants take precedence. Most consumers where happy with what Brawl was. A few talented one were not. And that's all there is. If you pay for a product you have the right to be unsatisfied with it and alter it any way you want. You paid for it. you own it now.

If I bought a Mona Lisa I could through cherry red blush on her cheeks if I so wanted to because I own it now.
To start, ease up. I never said PM is bad. In fact, more than a few times, i said that it's impressive and fun. But from a logistical POV, which is necessary forv organizers of events like APEX and EVO, that's all irrelevant.

While you are absolutely right regarding products, I believe there's something you worded incorrectly. When you buy a disc of Brawl you don't "Own it" you own a COPY of it. The IP still belongs to Nintendo. Hence why they have every right to block PM from being featured in events like APEX and EVO. So while there's absolutely nothing wrong with mods like PM and people should be allowed to play what they want without getting griefed (this also applies to Sm4sh players, who have been griefed by some Melee players a lot recently IMO) when it comes down to it, it's limited by the fact that it's not officially sanctioned.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on PM, just starting facts. It's fun, but it's timing is competing with Sm4sh Wii U, and could possibly hurt it's sales a bit.

As a busy man, I won't be putting much time into it. What free time I have after college, work, and life in general, will be spent on trying to become one of the best in Sm4sh, and competing in officially recognized tourneys.

It would be nice if Sm4sh and it's players didn't get so much hate, but that's just asking for too much.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
aside from, you know, needing brawl to run it.
@ Cubelarooso Cubelarooso :
Hence why PM actually IS more of a mod than Brawl is. That's obvious though, since PM is literally a mod of Brawl. Making it more of a mod than Br...anyone capable of basic reasoning should get the point. Not trying to be condescending or anything, but it's just that obvious.

"And PM is no more just a "mod" than Brawl is" - Cubelarooso
DEBUNKED

And with that, I'm done with this thread. It's time to move on with life.

Later.

p.s. Brawl has a different game engine than Melee, hence the different physics, and all the complaints.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

@ Cubelarooso Cubelarooso :
Hence why PM actually IS more of a mod than Brawl is. That's obvious though, since PM is literally a mod of Brawl. Making it more of a mod than Br...anyone capable of basic reasoning should get the point. Not trying to be condescending or anything, but it's just that obvious.

"And PM is no more just a "mod" than Brawl is" - Cubelarooso
DEBUNKED

And with that, I'm done with this thread. It's time to move on with life.

Later.

p.s. Brawl has a different game engine than Melee, hence the different physics, and all the complaints.
meh.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
FEATURES

HYPE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I believe that if we can be moderated for berating the Brawl fanbase we shouldn't really, it is counterproductive), berating the Project M scene should also be an offense. Equal treatment across all games. A warning wouldn't prove him right, it would just be upholding the rules.

Mind you, I'm personally grateful for Project M. I've met and befriended people who came fromt he brawl community, people I would never have interacted with otherwise. The true "cancer" in this community is intolerance.

By that, I mean that I neither condone intolerance toward us, or toward other games either. I have strong oppinions about Brawl, but must also respect that others apparently did not dislike it as much as I did. That's how I see it.
Eh I think some of u go overboard with "intolerance" bcuz someone else has a different view. I don't see y there such a desire for strict order. Mind us all, it IS a video game, not that serious. I am excited again for pm n SSBU, wanted to clearify that

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
Would you all just stop fighting and play the damn game tomorrow? For real everyone wants to get their philosophy out there, typing paragraphs of text with almost no reason since it's not like you had the conversation in real life, and physically spoke to each other. It's just a free mod made by a group of hackers. This won't undercut Nintendo in anyway. If you don't like it, why type an essay completely based on your hatred for a game, just to have to slap a tl;dr on the bottom? It's a waste. Just don't comment, we don't have to hear your rage.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
To start, ease up. I never said PM is bad. In fact, more than a few times, i said that it's impressive and fun. But from a logistical POV, which is necessary forv organizers of events like APEX and EVO, that's all irrelevant.

While you are absolutely right regarding products, I believe there's something you worded incorrectly. When you buy a disc of Brawl you don't "Own it" you own a COPY of it. The IP still belongs to Nintendo. Hence why they have every right to block PM from being featured in events like APEX and EVO. So while there's absolutely nothing wrong with mods like PM and people should be allowed to play what they want without getting griefed (this also applies to Sm4sh players, who have been griefed by some Melee players a lot recently IMO) when it comes down to it, it's limited by the fact that it's not officially sanctioned.
You're right. If you buy a product you don't own the licence, rather a copy. And yes, PM not being a official game puts it in a situation different from the likes of Marvel Vs Street FIghter or Tekken 6 vs Tekken Tag when it comes to fighting game tournaments. But still, I don't see why both can't coexist in the tournament scene like these games do or like how Melee, Brawl, and PM do currently.

On the last point, I might not be around enough to see it but I didn't notice this grief Smash 4 players are getting. I know Brawl players where heckled in the past. I thought that was stupid. Since Melee elitist have done it before I am not saying you're lying, just I didn't notice this. That being said, my reaction most stemmed from this stigma that multiple game in a series, or modes of series iterations, can't coexist in a community with out one competing with the other. One is marketed to a massive audience and has a budget backed by a large institution of grand financial prowess while the other is....comparatively just a little known mod only the Smash community really knows about. If anything, Smash Wii U would hurt PM 3.5 (free) downloads, not the other way around.

As for tournaments, if Melee and PM have been running in community tournaments all this time together I don't see why you can't add Smash 4 to the mix. It's going to happen if there is enough players for it, which there will be. Given the nature of Evo, PM might never be a main game there because like you said, it's not official. That gives Smash Wii U an even greater shot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on PM, just starting facts. It's fun, but it's timing is competing with Sm4sh Wii U, and could possibly hurt it's sales a bit.

As a busy man, I won't be putting much time into it. What free time I have after college, work, and life in general, will be spent on trying to become one of the best in Sm4sh, and competing in officially recognized tourneys.

It would be nice if Sm4sh and it's players didn't get so much hate, but that's just asking for too much.
It's a shame Smash 4 players are getting berated for a game that's not even out yet. This is the mentality that hinders a community, not mods to a game.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I thought that 3.5 was going to be mainly balance changes and that we had already seen basically all of the alternate costumes. Apparently, I was completely wrong. Fully functional single-player modes? An actual PAL release? New menus, way more costumes than anyone was expecting, and so many new and enhanced stages? I love Project M so much.

Last edited:

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
My body aches with anticipation, I only wish i didn't have to wait till Sunday to have enough time to play it >.<

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Hey everyone, even though Project M won't be supported isn't announced in the APEX 2015 Line-up that doesn't mean that you have to go against it or think that it's dead. Sure it's unfortunate for Project M and it's Dev Team however you have to look on the bright side - with Nintendo hosting it's new game that will bring attention far and wide from all sorts of new people. Our community can grow because of this and whether any of you like it or not we are all the same community. It doesn't matter if you're a Brawl player or a 64 player, a Melee player or a Smash 4 player, or even a Project M player we are all in the same community.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Would anybody be kind enough to provide a mirror of this on mediafire or something once it goes live? I can't download it at home, and school's wifi blocks the PM homepage.

DubstepRoom

Smash Rookie
I hope Lucario gets an alternative costume, and Zelda was already amazing and they made her side-B even better. WHAT.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I hope they made toon link better... He was terrible in 3.0... Come on I don't want a stupid forward slash :( They gave link all the moves I like.

Last edited:

ShiningCrusader

Smash Cadet
I hope they made toon link better... He was terrible in 3.0... Come on I don't want a stupid forward slash :( They gave link all the moves I like.
Toon Link was actually very strong. I doubt they buffed him in this release.
You can try my mod though. It's a different balance for the 3.02 version. If you want to mod the 3.5 you'll have to wait for a while.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
Hey everyone, even though Project M won't be supported isn't announced in the APEX 2015 Line-up that doesn't mean that you have to go against it or think that it's dead. Sure it's unfortunate for Project M and it's Dev Team however you have to look on the bright side - with Nintendo hosting it's new game that will bring attention far and wide from all sorts of new people. Our community can grow because of this and whether any of you like it or not we are all the same community. It doesn't matter if you're a Brawl player or a 64 player, a Melee player or a Smash 4 player, or even a Project M player we are all in the same community.
It's nice to hear someone who views Smash as Smash, not separate series. If only more people would think the same way, instead of blaming Brawl, Sakurai, "filthy casuals", whatever stupid scapegoats they use as excuses for being immature, childish, selfish, whiny, and hateful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom