• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Trailer Released, Release Date Revealed

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
The stage updates are pretty cool, although it'll never be HD. Remember, Wii is capped at 480p, not even close. Maybe some workarounds can upscale it a bit, but never true HD. That honor belongs solely to Sm4sh Wii U.

I'm hoping the PMBR leaves Sm4sh alone. THAT would truly hurt the growing Sm4sh competitive scene. I'm gonna aim for the top in Sm4sh Wii U, so a Project 4 M would ruin it for me

Nintendo would probably drop the ban hammer anyway, unless it's near the release of Smash 5.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
The stage updates are pretty cool, although it'll never be HD. Remember, Wii is capped at 480p, not even close. Maybe some workarounds can upscale it a bit, but never true HD. That honor belongs solely to Sm4sh Wii U.

I'm hoping the PMBR leaves Sm4sh alone. THAT would truly hurt the growing Sm4sh competitive scene. I'm gonna aim for the top in Sm4sh Wii U, so a Project 4 M would ruin it for me

Nintendo would probably drop the ban hammer anyway, unless it's near the release of Smash 5.
They already stated that they're leaving it alone. I wish they wouldn't...

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Although I won't be playing this when Smash Wii U comes out, the updates to this mod is really coming along. Those retro stage updates are quite hype crazy for me though. Wish Sakurai/Nintendo put in more stages like that updated in the newer Smash titles.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
A more offensive Zelda? Yes! Floating Ganon? Um. I hope you nerfed his ridiculous aerials.

Also that easier edge guarding sounds like this is the direct opposite of Sm4sh. But done so in a not so good way. I guess only time will tell.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
They already stated that they're leaving it alone. I wish they wouldn't...
I see. I must've missed that announcement. That's good. I can get good at Sm4sh without this "let's take it into our own hands." mentality undermining the time and effort I'm putting into mastering the game.

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Derrit, I know how much you like PM, and I like PM too, but it's undeniable fact that it's been bad for the community.
I would argue that Brawl was much worse for the community. It literally divided the community into two factions upon release, and created this "casual elitism" and "competitive elitism" that you see in so many forums now. PM actually brought in both Melee and Brawl players into one community. But now there are people like you who denounce it just because Nintendo didn't make it.

There was no reason for Brawl to be designed the way it did, but Sakurai's head is stuck too far up his own ass to realize when a game is fine the way it is. If he had not tried to kill the competitive scene, PM wouldn't have to exist, and the community forums would not be the maelstrom of hate it is today.

I simply don't understand this mentality that if "Nintendo didn't make it, then we can't use it". If we are so stuck on Nintendo's pride and loyalty, then none of us should even have Smash tournaments, because NONE of the Smash games are intended for competitive players. But we do anyway. Why would you try to protect the company that's ignored us for so long, and is only paying attention to us now for money, instead of supporting the game that was actually made by communitiy members for Smashers? Money does not improve the community, players do.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I see. I must've missed that announcement. That's good. I can get good at Sm4sh without this "let's take it into our own hands." mentality undermining the time and effort I'm putting into mastering the game.
It won't undermine it. You'll always have people to play with. I find it sad because of Brawl 2.0's Brawlness.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
wait so....ganondorf is getting his moveset redesigned...? wht about those who liked his melee styled moveset?
Well I think the hovering part is the only change besides really small balance changes, right?

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
PAL RELEASE! :D

Rest are just bonuses :3

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
MARIO KART DLC AND THIS?!?! THEN WII U SMASH 4?!?!?! I CANT CONTAIN THE HYPE!!!!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I would argue that Brawl was much worse for the community. It literally divided the community into two factions upon release, and created this "casual elitism" and "competitive elitism" that you see in so many forums now. PM actually brought in both Melee and Brawl players into one community. But now there are people like you who denounce it just because Nintendo didn't make it.

There was no reason for Brawl to be designed the way it did, but Sakurai's head is stuck too far up his own *** to realize when a game is fine the way it is. If he had not tried to kill the competitive scene, PM wouldn't have to exist, and the community forums would not be the maelstrom of hate it is today.

I simply don't understand this mentality that if "Nintendo didn't make it, then we can't use it". If we are so stuck on Nintendo's pride and loyalty, then none of us should even have Smash tournaments, because NONE of the Smash games are intended for competitive players. But we do anyway. Why would you try to protect the company that's ignored us for so long, and is only paying attention to us now for money, instead of supporting the game that was actually made by communitiy members for Smashers? Money does not improve the community, players do.
This post needs more likes.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

Last edited:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Well, this is gonna make my NTSC brawl copy completely obsolete now if the PAL download's gonna have all the 3.5 content. Ah well, least it may mean I can finally use the Wii U once i get it eventually.

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
Was this release so sudden for some reason? I mean, other than Smash for Wii U coming out in a week... Hmm...

In any case, things are looking better than ever!

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408

There was no reason for Brawl to be designed the way it did, but Sakurai's head is stuck too far up his own *** to realize when a game is fine the way it is. If he had not tried to kill the competitive scene, PM wouldn't have to exist, and the community forums would not be the maelstrom of hate it is today.

At the same time, it's asanine to get mad at someone for making their game as they envisioned it from the beginning.

Video games are something of an art form. Artists crafty their creations the way THEY envision it, NOT the way others tell them they should make it. This I'd no different. Smash is Sakurai's baby, so to speak. PM is just the result of a group of people taking someone else's baby and performing surgery on it without the parent's consent. That being said, PM is fun, (not as fun as Sm4sh, in my opinion) but it shouldn't be treated as official, or a replacement for official Smash games, by any means. This mentality of " let's take someone else's creation into our own hands " is a little dumb, in some aspects. Besides, PM wasn't made by anyone. "Made" would be created from scratch rather than ripping off of someone else's assets. It's just an inventive and well-done mod with some original character models and textures. The majority of PM is still Sakurai's work, his effort and time.

Last edited:

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
It won't undermine it. You'll always have people to play with. I find it sad because of Brawl 2.0's Brawlness.
If a P4M were to be made, it could take away from original Sm4sh competitive scene, although most players of it would probably new migrators from PM Brawl.

Also, Sm4sh is by no means Brawl 2.0. Anyone who's put enough time into it, and looked at it with an unbiased view, knows that it's much better and deeper than Brawl. I've been playing Smash since the original N64 game I enjoyed Brawl just as much as the other games. But after playing Sm4sh, even my unbiased opinion is that Brawl is garbage in comparison and I have no desire to play it ever again.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Smash is Sakurai's baby, so to speak. PM is just the result of a group of people taking someone else's baby and performing surgery on it without the parent's consent.
This was a terrible comparison. You should probably feel bad.

You are basically saying that sakurai created a child, rose it to his liking and then.... (Large information and comparison gap here.)
And then we performed surgery without consent. (Basically saying that we "turned" brawl into PM when in reality, they are two separate games, even still.)

Sakurai has a child, and let it out to play with us. We cloned it, and taught the clone to play with us in a way that we enjoyed more, while his original child dies in a corner because hardly anyone liked it, all because we wished he was like his older more mature brother.

Learn to compare things properly.

Last edited:

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
This was a terrible comparison. You should probably feel bad.

You are basically saying that sakurai created a child, rose it to his liking and then.... (Large information and comparison gap here.)
And then we performed surgery without consent. (Basically saying that we "turned" brawl into PM when in reality, they are two separate games, even still.)

Sakurai has a child, and let it out to play with us. We cloned it, and taught the clone to play with us in a way that we enjoyed more, while his original child dies in a corner because hardly anyone liked it, all because we wished he was like his older more mature brother.

Learn to compare things properly.
Wow, somebody missed the point completely. And telling me I should feel bad is quite childish and fruitless. A comparison and an illustration are two different things. Illustrations are not to be taken so literally.

Try reading the edit. The art reference fits better. Then, after casting aside all defensives feelings, think about it and respond. You'll sound more credible if you do.

Last edited:

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
This is hella haipu, just imagine when these guys will get their hands on modding SSBU

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
OMG. This acutally really cool, is hype as smash 4 but all those stuff. make me wish is there were actually in smash 4...

Top Bottom