• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Trailer Released, Release Date Revealed

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm so excited for the new release! I'm really looking forward to an updated Subspace and events! Gotta love those alts though.

SmashBros50

Smash Apprentice
You can download the files form our website and put it on a 2GB or less SD card. The launcher also allows you to update directly from it.
Oh alright thanks. I thought it wouldn't work since the internet on the Wii is down, and the fact that some update on Wii U does something to prevent you from playing modded games

Lopson

Smash Cadet
Nice, looking forward to this. This update just feels like it'll take P:M to the next level.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
For those wondering about the dealy for PAL files, it's because the code is actually different one very region. This is also why say... Nintendo couldn't exactly port Xenoblade to North America "easily" even if it was in English. Some work needs to go into it.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
and I like PM too, but it's undeniable fact that it's been bad for the community.
"Undeniable fact"... I love this guy. By your logic since you love PM you want what is bad for the community?

it's people that pit games against each other that's bad for the community, that is the undeniable fact. All major/destructive conflict in the smash community has come purely from peoples' insecurity regarding one game vs another. They then attack the players of the other game with their undeniable facts lol.

The only "singular entity" that has been substantially destructive towards the smash community is... wait for it... Nintendo. But hopefully they are learning... slowly, oh god so slowly.

Last edited:

ZOMBBQ

Smash Rookie
meh. i don't understand why people are saying this is better than sm4sh.

Lopson

Smash Cadet
For those wondering about the dealy for PAL files, it's because the code is actually different one very region. This is also why say... Nintendo couldn't exactly port Xenoblade to North America "easily" even if it was in English. Some work needs to go into it.
Does it have to do with the video part of the game's engine? I can see PAL's 50Hz being a bother to that component. Or is it the font rendering?

shapular

Smash Ace
Warning Received
"Undeniable fact"... I love this guy. By your logic since you love PM you want what is bad for the community?

it's people that pit games against each other that's bad for the community, that is the undeniable fact. All major/destructive conflict in the smash community has come purely from peoples' insecurity regarding one game vs another. They then attack the players of the other game with their undeniable facts lol.

The only "singular entity" that has been substantially destructive towards the smash community is... wait for it... Nintendo. But hopefully they are learning... slowly, oh god so slowly.
I don't love PM. I like it. It's fun to play casually, but it's when people started taking it seriously for some reason that it became a problem. If it just stuck to its rightful place as a side event in some tourneys I wouldn't care.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
PAL Project M? Now I'll finally see what makes Project M so special... Great work on the stages, by the way. I may end up playing this as many as ten times, but when I do, you can count I'll be playing as the Boy Roy.:roypm:

Last edited:

Subpilot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subpilot41
3DS FC
5301-0146-7958
It looks like a pretty awesome release! Hopefully with some balance fixes It'll feel just as fresh as when we picked up PM in the first place

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Project M is great! I won't take it OVER SSB4 because I can enjoy both just as much.

My only gripe is that I wish I could play it without a disc... Last time I played Project M was the last time I could play Wii games using discs. :( Because while choosing characters the music faded, the screen froze, and the white screen of death happened.

And I already had it replaced a year after Brawl came out, so I don't think I'm up for replacing the Wii CD lens for a 2nd time.

I would like to find a way to enjoy P:M without having to use the disc, because the Brawl cd takes too much of a toll on the console, EVEN if the code manages to divert most of the attention to the SD card, is still isn't enough.

Anyways... trailer's looking good. Although I had already gotten used to slower paced trailers. Putting action in transparency over other action sequences just doesn't look good to me anymore. But the changes I managed to notice, love them!

Keep up the good work PMBR! Hopefully I can get my Wii to miraculously read discs again so I got something to play with friends these holidays other than SSB 3DS!

HD retro stages were the highlights of the trailer! Float Ganondorf looks really interesting too. Glad you guys are decloning him on the spot, rather than introducing Black Shadow.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
I don't love PM. I like it. It's fun to play casually, but it's when people started taking it seriously for some reason that it became a problem. If it just stuck to its rightful place as a side event in some tourneys I wouldn't care.
>Rightful place as a side event
>Surpassed the number of entrants for Brawl last Apex and continues to get popular

OK.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Does it have to do with the video part of the game's engine? I can see PAL's 50Hz being a bother to that component. Or is it the font rendering?
I don't know the details, though I see that those coding the PAL stuff have tor emake the code from scratch. What makes it a bit faster is that they know where to look.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Glad to see 3.5 will finally be playable after all this time! Shame it won't be at Apex though. I won't be playing it myself, but I'm happy for all the people who have been waiting for this for so long. As for me, I'll be playing Melee until the 21st, then alternating Melee and Smash 4. With some 64 on the side.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
If people enjoy it enough to want to take it seriously, then I don't really see the problem. It might be a problem for other sub communities of smash since it might take away tournament attendees for other titles, but worse for the smash scene as a whole? I don't see how you can make that conclusion.

In general determining what "should be" from what "is" is a very large and maybe impossible step to make. Most of the time someone says something should be a certain way, it comes off as an unsupportable assertion rather than a well reasoned claim or argument.

Last edited:

ZOMBBQ

Smash Rookie
Project M is great! I won't take it OVER SSB4 because I can enjoy both just as much.

My only gripe is that I wish I could play it without a disc... Last time I played Project M was the last time I could play Wii games using discs. :( Because while choosing characters the music faded, the screen froze, and the white screen of death happened.

And I already had it replaced a year after Brawl came out, so I don't think I'm up for replacing the Wii CD lens for a 2nd time.

I would like to find a way to enjoy P:M without having to use the disc, because the Brawl cd takes too much of a toll on the console, EVEN if the code manages to divert most of the attention to the SD card, is still isn't enough.

Anyways... trailer's looking good. Although I had already gotten used to slower paced trailers. Putting action in transparency over other action sequences just doesn't look good to me anymore. But the changes I managed to notice, love them!

Keep up the good work PMBR! Hopefully I can get my Wii to miraculously read discs again so I got something to play with friends these holidays other than SSB 3DS!

HD retro stages were the highlights of the trailer! Float Ganondorf looks really interesting too. Glad you guys are decloning him on the spot, rather than introducing Black Shadow.
can't you emulate P:M? sorry for my ignorance.

Subpilot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Subpilot41
3DS FC
5301-0146-7958

You could use usbloader or a couple other programs to load the brawl disk onto a flash drive. That way it just runs off of the flash drive and negates the problems of not having a working disk drive. Check out some of the programs on Brawl Vault (google it). I've only used configurable USB loader but I know some others exist.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Now my question is that are Roy and Mewtwo playable in subspace because that would be Awesome!!!!!!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Still wish they'd give you the option of having Wario use his bike.
Good trailer, though I've honestly never been big on project m. Oh well hope everyone who likes it enjoys it.
Edit.Have the project M guys started hacking the 3ds version of smash bros? We might need them to add some more characters in if Sakurai doesn't add them in as DLC.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
My reactions in order:
  • Meh.
  • ****, Metal Cavern is UGLY now. Damn it, that was my favorite stage.
  • Why the **** can Ganondorf fly?!
Yep, moving on to SSBU for sure.
Funny. Before I thought Metal Cavern looked ugly. Now It looks amazing. And Ganon flying is weird??? What? Have you played OoT? He levitated all day in that!

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Now if this would be in HD and with a legit online mode...

Quillion

Smash Hero
Hey Smash News writers, why don't you ever write about Melee SD Remix? People are still playing Melee despite PM's existence, and a very dedicated team did their best to crack through the difficulties of Gamecube hacking to give the TRUE Melee 2.0 to us.

Hey, why don't you post about glook's SD Remix analysis videos? They would be interesting and would drum up support for an up-and-coming mod.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman

>Rightful place as a side event
>Surpassed the number of entrants for Brawl last Apex and continues to get popular

OK.
This.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Funny. Before I thought Metal Cavern looked ugly. Now It looks amazing. And Ganon flying is weird??? What? Have you played OoT? He levitated all day in that!
Some people want to complain just to complain or maybe they're flame-baiting. He may need something stronger like Fire Blast. :p

Also, I found this. PMDT is definitely not pulling any punches...

Top Bottom