• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Know it All

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
back throw is better since it doesn't blow up his nades, and deals more damage, and sets up better for follows and edge guards and it has a lower cool down meaning less time for you to get hit by that nades natural timer...

As for sheiks grab game over all. amazing. some one mentioned it for mix ups. correct. sheiks grab and dash grab are both 5 frames until activation. as fast as ftilt and dash attack. very fast. from a grab you put ever character in a bad situation. get forward aired or air dodge into the ground. for a second regrab. and a continuation of the little mind game.
Her pummels, albeit slow deal around 3 damage each? not horrible at all. not to mention grab release options on a bunch of characters.

now when you combine these with a shield and a crazy short opening dash animation you have a character who can get really close inside of your spacing and shield grab to punish things that on any other character would be fine and safe to do.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
back throw is better since it doesn't blow up his nades, and deals more damage, and sets up better for follows and edge guards and it has a lower cool down meaning less time for you to get hit by that nades natural timer...

As for sheiks grab game over all. amazing. some one mentioned it for mix ups. correct. sheiks grab and dash grab are both 5 frames until activation. as fast as ftilt and dash attack. very fast. from a grab you put ever character in a bad situation. get forward aired or air dodge into the ground. for a second regrab. and a continuation of the little mind game.
Her pummels, albeit slow deal around 3 damage each? not horrible at all. not to mention grab release options on a bunch of characters.

now when you combine these with a shield and a crazy short opening dash animation you have a character who can get really close inside of your spacing and shield grab to punish things that on any other character would be fine and safe to do.
B-Throw is not a BETTER option as mush as it is ANOTHER option.

Yay, <3 see's what I have been talking about :3
I <3 <3

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
This is what I have listed in the Diary:

Tricks with the throws/grabs release’s:

On Lucas and Ness you can ground grab release> f-tilt> regrab.
You can also ground release> regrab.
You can air release> regrab on Lucas, Squirtle and Meta Knight.
You can air grab release> Fair/Nair on Mr. Game and Watch, Wario and Ness.
You can air grab release> Needle Storm on Meta Knight, Squirtle
You can air grab release> DACUS on Meta Knight, Mario, Popo, Pikachu, Squirtle and Lucas.
You can air grab release> Dash Attack on Lucas, Meta Knight and Squirtle.
(They have to input a jump)
You can air grab release> DACUS on Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Falco, Captain Falcon, Charizard, Ike, Snake and Sonic.
(They has to input a jump)
You can air grab release> Dash Attack on Sheik, Falco and Captain Falcon.
You can air grab release> Hyped Smash on Wario.
You can air grab release> f-tilt on Wario.

You can do a sort of tech chase by using D-Throw. It barely puts them into the air and you can usually get a regrab when they land. While doing this observe their DI habits.
F-Throw can be a combo into something if they air dodge. Throw them forward a few times (or perform D-Throw). While they are in the air perform one auto canceled Uair. One of the times predict and air dodge and do this: F-Throw> *they air dodge*> Bair> Bair> f-tilt/???
You can perform B-Throw at the ledge in hopes they will DI in and you can follow up with Bair.
You can perform F-Throw at the ledge in hopes they DI in and you can perform DACUS.

I didn't take the time to read it though so let me know if there is anything wrong.
You forgot an option.

You can air grab release> DACUS on G&W and Toon Link (maybe others? I can't check right now) on uphill slants such as on Halberd, Frigate, and Pirate ship.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You forgot an option.

You can air grab release> DACUS on G&W and Toon Link (maybe others? I can't check right now) on uphill slants such as on Halberd, Frigate, and Pirate ship.
I lol at those options because they will never happen and aren't worth listing.
(but) I guess I should list them.....

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
He makes a valid argument about needing to list every possibility_

I find that using D-air to tech regrabs and mindgame the opponent works generally well_ It also can help give Shiek the stage control she requires against certain characters_ I'm thinking along the lines of projectile characters_

I find that i rarely use U-throw, and only occasionally use her f-throw/b-throw for edging or throwing them offguard/ into stage obstructions_

DACUS i don't use too much due to the predictability of it, but it is usefull as grab release > DACUS for kills in certain situations_ Again i don't feel this to be a major necessity to use frequently but it is usefull to the occasional edgeguard, catching your opponent offguard for a kill and GR>DACUS as mentioned above_ Only should be used as a kill move_

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Since this is a know it all..I play against <3 all the time. He has been getting a lot better at dacus'ing. I remember way back when he'd never do it. <3 plays very smart and adapts well with any new situation i try to pull on him. He is quick with jab+grabs and combos to get my percent up very quickly. Just know he is pretty awesome haha

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm gonna take this down for now, until East shows interest in working on it again.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
The smashes have the information of the aerials.

Can the OP give a date for an update/update atm?

I've been watching this thread for like a week or so now just to get updated.

Top Bottom