• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Another thing. Falco's lasers are invisible, and Kirby's dash attack doesn't have the fire particles (This part may be from a custom skin).

(Whoops. Double post >_>)
ummm can u make sure this always happens? its not happening to me.. can u figure out the exact circumstances?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. Since I downloaded this version his lasers are just invisible. Everytime. Fox's works, it's just his. Not sure why.
do u play using dolphin or anything like that? cause it works for me

also can anyone else here duplicate this issue?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I use hackless on Wii U. But I think I have found the issue. Anyway, what do you think of my first post. ;)
what was the problem?? lol

For your first msg:

1. probably wont do new csp's unless someone offers to make them for me and i like them - also i prefer to keep the tp ganon csps the same as vanilla pm like all the other csps in the game

2. whole thing.

3. maybe ill see about that eventually

Also for everyone, im uploading 2.1 right now. So you'll be able to download it soon!

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I don't really now, but I remembered I have a melee Falco voice mod, and that's the only thing that I added to Falco, so I assumed that would be it.
Ah ok. That mighta been it. Something else coulda been different in your mod throwing things off. Glad u fixed it :)

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
Not sure why, but now PM just isn't working. I've been trying to reinstall, but it's just not working. Stage Builder says the SD card is empty and won't run the boot.elf file.

Last edited:

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
Don't know if you noticed what I said, but this version isn't working. As I said before, I believe the boot file isn't working. Hope you can fix whatever the problem may be.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Don't know if you noticed what I said, but this version isn't working. As I said before, I believe the boot file isn't working. Hope you can fix whatever the problem may be.
Are you sure its not working? Can anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: oh also, are you using hackless or homebrew?

Last edited:

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
Are you sure its not working? Can anyone else confirm this?

EDIT: oh also, are you using hackless or homebrew?

I tried several times to make it work, including a fresh install. Going into Stage Builder just shows that the SD Card is empty with a "0" on it. I am using hackless on Wii U, which may be the problem but I'm not sure.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I tried several times to make it work, including a fresh install. Going into Stage Builder just shows that the SD Card is empty with a "0" on it. I am using hackless on Wii U, which may be the problem but I'm not sure.
Hmmmm I gota see whats going on. Its possible that it actually only works with homebrew after all. Ill try n put together a hackless version and hopefully that works. But ask around for more troubleshooting help cause that could take me a bit of time. (or it may be a good idea to just install homebrew :p )

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Does this not work on Dolphin? I usually load PM through Gecko on Dolphin and figured I'd just do the same here but right before the intro starts the game crashes and I get several "Invalid read from 0xffff3983 to PC = 0x8002606c" errors (with slightly different addresses each).

I tried it on both an older version and the newest version of Dolphin, same result for both. I can still load regular PM 3.6 just fine but Project Ganondorf 2.1 just won't work for some reason.

Really hope I can get this to work since I was planing to use your Oot Ganondorf for a video I'm making.

EDIT:
- I get the same error with version 2.0
- Tried changing the Geck Hook Type, same result for every option but VBI. On VBI I can get past the intro and to the CSS but OoT Ganon, Mewtwo and Roy all show up as Waluigi (WTF?). Hovering over any of them crashes the game with even more invalid read errors. This happens with both version 2.0 and 2.1.
- Also tried using the PM launcher instead of Gecko, same result
- Tried another custom PM+BrawlEX build, same result. So it seems the problem is that Dolphin refuses to work with BrawlEX on my end. Are there any specific settings I have to make in Dolphin in order for BrawlEX to work?

Last edited:

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
I know it has been a while, but it still doesn't work. I can't get homebrew on Wii U, and I want to continue using Project Ganondorf, and I hope you will continue updating it for hackless so I con't get stuck with patch 2.0. I hope you will respond, but probably not considering you haven't really been on here recently. Also, as Shren said above, I was also wondering if you could add that pig Ganon skin to the Project Ganondorf build. On the YouTube trailer for that skin, one of the developers commented saying this: http://imgur.com/kUtiVE2

Hurricane Rush

Smash Rookie
Don't know if you'll see this either, but I found a way for it to work on hackless. I deleted a certain folder (I think it was apps) and added the code from version 2.0 and it works just fine.

Still seem to be having that weird hitstun while dodging glitch when attacking vanilla Dorf in 2.1, along with odd non-grab hitboxes on his up/side-b. Tried a redownload to no avail. Has anyone else run into this? Otherwise I'm thinking it's just my system.
Homebrew on wii.

TurretGunZ

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to say I am absolutely in love with this mod and cannot say how much I love it and the hard work you've done. Im not really sure how much you use from other mods or what is allowed (im new to learning about modding), but do you think you would use anything from the Triforce Ganondorf 6.0 mod? Things like the dodging animation and or Magic Ganon mode with his up and neutral air attacks, up taunt and even his losing/no contest animation has him looking angry with his arms crossed which I feel like thats what Ganon should be doing from losing, not clapping out of respect, he's evil for crying outloud. Also wondering about some certain attacks currently in 2.1 if they might be replaced or switched. For instincts TP Ganon's Jab attack and Down Tilt feel too similar, also his up tilt and up smash I always felt like should be the other way around, I mean having Lighting strike from above feels like something that should be an attack as powerful as a smash attack. Just wanted to give input and say I appreciate your work, sorry if I sounded annoying.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Im not really sure how much you use from other mods or what is allowed (im new to learning about modding)
I think that, if he asks for permission to use stuff from other mods, gets his request approved and gives that mod's creator credit for his own mod, he can use pretty much anything.

In fact, if I remember correctly, TP Ganon is HEAVILY inspired by another mod created by Ashginda, the one who made the Triforce Ganondorf mod.

Last edited:

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
What if Prince Ganon was rewarded for not using his float? Maybe something that extends his Up B distance? Or maybe just another jump? I dunno. Anyways, this mod is amazing. It makes me angry at Nintendo for their fairly **** portrayal of Ganon.

What if Prince Ganon was rewarded for not using his float? Maybe something that extends his Up B distance? Or maybe just another jump? I dunno. Anyways, this mod is amazing. It makes me angry at Nintendo for their fairly **** portrayal of Ganon.
If i remember correctly he does take double damage when hit during a float, so its not without its consequences.

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Is this project still alive? It has been 2 months, I was just curious if there was any word or anything.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Is this project still alive? It has been 2 months, I was just curious if there was any word or anything.
Now now, just wait a bit longer. Doesn't happen overnight.
If i remember correctly he does take double damage when hit during a float, so its not without its consequences.
Oh, OK. Never tried it. Thanks for telling me. Though, another jump would be cool.

Pizza_Prez

Smash Rookie
so I've absolutely used this mod in the past, but im having trouble porting the most recent EX version of OOT ganondorf over toon link. I placed the voice files correctly, used a properly formatted .rel file from this thread, and renamed all the Fit files to ToonLink equivalents in the fighter folder. Did I miss a .gct code or something? My game is freezing whenever I try to play as him, so I'm pretty sure I missed a crucial step somewhere, lol

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback! I'm really glad everyone's so into my Ganon mods :)

Keep all the feedback coming. I've slowed down modding lately cause I'm really busy, but I will definitely pick it back up eventually. There's lot I still wana do :p

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I've been lurking 'round Smashboards and have seen some people complaining that OOT Ganon is too OP.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback! I'm really glad everyone's so into my Ganon mods :)

Keep all the feedback coming. I've slowed down modding lately cause I'm really busy, but I will definitely pick it back up eventually. There's lot I still wana do :p
Hello!

I added both ganondorf to my BrawlEx build and just wanted to say first that both Ganondorf feel really really great and are awesome PSA.

Except for 1 major thing.

Would you consider trying to find a way to make item work? I do use item.. lol

I know filesize is a pain in the ***, I deal with it too in each of my mods but I'm sure there should be a way to cut somewhere else then in gameplay features.

give him only 1 taunt and 1 victory pose maybe?

or, I don't know, make it so that he can't grab at all stuff that he has no animation for!?

so that he at least doesn't T-pose freeze or crash the game.

(I'm just pitching ideas on the fly, i've not played a lot with PSA yet so I don't know what's possible and not possible yet) but your mod is too good to not have a fix for that!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hello!

I added both ganondorf to my BrawlEx build and just wanted to say first that both Ganondorf feel really really great and are awesome PSA.

Except for 1 major thing.

Would you consider trying to find a way to make item work? I do use item.. lol

I know filesize is a pain in the ***, I deal with it too in each of my mods but I'm sure there should be a way to cut somewhere else then in gameplay features.

give him only 1 taunt and 1 victory pose maybe?

or, I don't know, make it so that he can't grab at all stuff that he has no animation for!?

so that he at least doesn't T-pose freeze or crash the game.

(I'm just pitching ideas on the fly, i've not played a lot with PSA yet so I don't know what's possible and not possible yet) but your mod is too good to not have a fix for that!
Ya I know that that major issue. I wa work work that stuff, but it is gona be a lot of work. Also not to mention, I d still need to come up with good solutions lol. I don't know when i'll get around to that. If I had help from others that would make things happen a lot sooner.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Ya I know that that major issue. I wa work work that stuff, but it is gona be a lot of work. Also not to mention, I d still need to come up with good solutions lol. I don't know when i'll get around to that. If I had help from others that would make things happen a lot sooner.
If I remember correctly, filesize limit is a total from the "FitGanon.pac" file + the "FitGannonXX.pac" costume file used in the match + the "FitGanonMotionEtc.pac".

You don't necessary have to cut in animation if you really can't

Personnally, what I would do, as a first step to get this working, is cut on the textures on the model, as much as you need to first to bring back all his core gameplay features (so you have a version that, even if looks terrible work and is testable) then once he's 100% working bring them the textures back up while optimizing.

I saw that you downscale some spec texture but even there, some of his textures I believe could be downscale to 512x256 or 256x128 and would have minimal impact on the visual, especially on Wii.

and dolphin player can bring back texture quality suuper easily with HD texture (just like the one I put in my releases and what LXP are doing)

OOTGanon doesn't carry 2 moveset in 1 character, I find it surprising that even him can't be fitted to have all his animations.

I'm willing to help you out but unfortunately, my knowledge today about how Fitmotion.pac works (like how optimizing animations) is pretty limited (but it would be worth it for me to try and learn how to do that to fix the issues).

I'm starting right now to understand some PSA thing because of BrawlEx but it's a long way for me to be able to do PSA stuff yet

but if you think i can do anything to help, let me know!

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I'd say nerf each of his normals by 1-2 percent and slightly reduce their knock back. Maybe even decrease the duration of N-air (which could be a bad or good thing) or reduce his F-air and B-air range. Just some suggestions.

Last edited:

JohnnyPotato

Smash Rookie
READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS OR MAKING REQUESTS!

1. I can't merge the movesets! This is not possible due to filesize issues! I also personally believe the two movesets belong separate, TP/sword Ganondorf is a completely different incarnation from OOT/mage Ganon.

2. I CANT MERGE THE MOVESETS!

3. Refer back to 1 and 2

4. If you are using a custom build and don't want to use my GCT, all you need to do is insert this code in the GCT you are using: 04AD8A64 00000142

5. OOT Ganon will eventually have his own slot. Lucario will be brought back

6. Read the README in my download before posting here! If you haven't read it, you will likely ask questions that have already be answered.

Future of Project Ganondorf:

Hey gang, so I'm looking into the future of Project Ganondorf, and though I know I'm gona keep working at it to polish and balance everything, there are certain limitations I have due to lack of skill in those areas. So I'm going to put this out there to see if anyone is willing to help/knows anyone who would b up for it.

I need help with the following things so that I can perfect P:G to be as professional as possible:

1. An animator. Most of my animations either originated from the original game, or someone made them for me. Right now I don't have a consistent animator to help me out, so i need that to polish a number of animations, and perhaps even make some new ones.

2. A model and rigging expert. I thought I had someone that was going to help with this, but unfortunately that seems to have fallen through. I need someone who can polish some of the models I'm currently using, and also who can create something new from scratch/or by using a low poly model I have.

3. A hex coder (someone who can edit rel's, gct's and those kinds of tricky things) - For this I think I should have some help, but the person helping me out is rather busy, so I'm not sure how long it will take him to get around to helping. ALSO since he is busy I don't want to overload him wit more work if he cant take it on!

That is about it. If anyone wants to join the team, let me know. I could really use some help with this stuff!

Thanks all

- BGG

Trailer

Update 1

Announcement Trailer at A&C

Hey, I'm trying to extract Project Ganon 2.1 from the file given on your blog. Do I just use this code here? Or does it not work like that anymore?

Thanks. :)

Top Bottom