• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
well, with a USB loader you don't have to load the disk since it loads from a Harddisk/usb flashdrive, so if that's the issue, I would think it would fix it. You have to hack you wii though, took me a couple of hours to get it to work. Might be worth a try :) There is a ton of guides on youtube on how-to.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
well, with a USB loader you don't have to load the disk since it loads from a Harddisk/usb flashdrive, so if that's the issue, I would think it would fix it. You have to hack you wii though, took me a couple of hours to get it to work. Might be worth a try :) There is a ton of guides on youtube on how-to.
This is for the wii or wiiu?
and what do i need? i have homebrew already if thats what i need to start with

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to think it's my Wii that's just messing with me. It's about 7 years old and has even deleted a sawnd file once while I was playing the game, and it's frozen a couple of other times when it shouldn't have to begin with. Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I can confirm that a Air Down B in vBrawl with TP Ganon crashes the game, I think it has something to do with the coding for Ganon to enter with his Sword out already..

Quillion

Smash Hero
Here's an idea: how about you give us variants of TP!Ganon's moveset with different weapons?

He can have the SpaceWorld sword as one variant and Demise's sword as another variant with the exact same properties as the normal version.

Another variant can be using the trident that Phantom Ganon uses (if a model exists for that), where the tipper hitboxes are much stronger but the non-tipper hitboxes are much weaker.

A very old "canon" hack for Brawl Ganondorf called "Gerudo Prince" did just that (it used the TP Darknut sword as an alt).

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Here's an idea: how about you give us variants of TP!Ganon's moveset with different weapons?

He can have the SpaceWorld sword as one variant and Demise's sword as another variant with the exact same properties as the normal version.

Another variant can be using the trident that Phantom Ganon uses (if a model exists for that), where the tipper hitboxes are much stronger but the non-tipper hitboxes are much weaker.

A very old "canon" hack for Brawl Ganondorf called "Gerudo Prince" did just that (it used the TP Darknut sword as an alt).
I do have the darknut already as an alt :p
I duno about all the other swords with different hitboxes though.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
Did you find ways to shrink the file size. because i would love to play these mods on stages that have ladders. Love the mod either way

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Did you find ways to shrink the file size. because i would love to play these mods on stages that have ladders. Love the mod either way
the items/ladder fixes are really far down on my list of things to work on. I can guarentee those are very far away from being fixed, so dont get your hopes up on that. Can you even play stages with ladders in PM? I dont think u can play custom stages can you?

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
the items/ladder fixes are really far down on my list of things to work on. I can guarentee those are very far away from being fixed, so dont get your hopes up on that. Can you even play stages with ladders in PM? I dont think u can play custom stages can you?
rumble falls is in default pm 3.6 build and i found the original 75m files they both have ladders.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It kinda feels wierd not being able to use Items..
I know it's not ideal. I personally don't use items at all. I hate them so it doesn't affect me. And I know competitive players care not for items either.

I do wana fix the items issue but im very limited with filesize issues. I'm gona try but balancing and ganons mechanics are my main focus.

I'm hoping I won't have too much trouble with re-incorporating items. I do think it's gona be pretty difficult. I could use some help from someone who's up for doing tedious things :p

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I know it's not ideal. I personally don't use items at all. I hate them so it doesn't affect me. And I know competitive players care not for items either.

I do wana fix the items issue but im very limited with filesize issues. I'm gona try but balancing and ganons mechanics are my main focus.

I'm hoping I won't have too much trouble with re-incorporating items. I do think it's gona be pretty difficult. I could use some help from someone who's up for doing tedious things :p
Is the problem Animation for the Items or Coding for the Items, I don't care for Items either but, when I do use them I try to avoid Ganon or OoT Ganon..

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
It's a little of both. Actually i'll probably be able to work out the coding for the items by re coding using a fresh psa, the bigger problem will be the animations. I'm not sure how I'll be able to shrink down the motionetc file size.

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
to be honest i wouldnt mind if the animation for holding / using an item was choppy or was static. as long as he was able to do it without crashing.

Last edited:

Depressedzombieluigi

Smash Apprentice
Just a random question, will the Project Ganondorf mod eventually update to fix the electric SFX bug with Ness/Lucas?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Just a random question, will the Project Ganondorf mod eventually update to fix the electric SFX bug with Ness/Lucas?
It only happens because of Ness and Lucas sharing the SFX from Crazy Hand
Actually this is happening because I replaced a hitbox sfx with ganons orb hit sfx. This is temporary and I am trying to get it fixed asap. That's all on my blog and I believe in the readme in the P:G zip file.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Is the GCT included compatible with the stage expansion+ASL? Not sure what it's for.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
As a random thought - since the entire point of this was to make a more accurate Ganondorf, are there any plans to make him larger, or is that too minor a thing to worry about?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
As a random thought - since the entire point of this was to make a more accurate Ganondorf, are there any plans to make him larger, or is that too minor a thing to worry about?
Even larger? Hes pretty big lol
And either way size isnt really that accurate in smash bros, so i dont think it's that necessary to make that perfect. I think if he was bigger hed look weird lol

D

Deleted member

I actually have an idea: How about combining OoT Ganondorf with TP Ganondorf? Having his OoT moveset, and switching to his TP sword moveset with the Down-Taunt. Just an idea ofc ^^

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I actually have an idea: How about combining OoT Ganondorf with TP Ganondorf? Having his OoT moveset, and switching to his TP sword moveset with the Down-Taunt. Just an idea ofc ^^
Not the first to think of this one :p
There are a number of reasons i wont do this.

1. not possible
2. i think they belong separate anyways

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
i can't believe PM became open sourced.

hoping to see what you can make out of this BronzeGreekGod :)

Top Bottom